SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#271202 - 09/17/09 09:24 AM Re: I Loath you mR.wEST
124 Offline

Sorry, chas, wrong hunch. Rude is rude, regardless of all else.

#271203 - 09/17/09 10:06 AM Re: I Loath you mR.wEST
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by 124:
Sorry, chas, wrong hunch. Rude is rude, regardless of all else.

124, I agree with you on the "rude is rude" part but I'm not so sure my hunch is that far off base. It's not the negative reaction he got (include ME in that number), it's the degree and depth of it. Maybe you should read some of the blogs, tweets, etc. You'll see what I mean. Sometimes during quiet times, you forget what's always lurking just beneath the surface, but then someone will post something like the post a couple of posts up and WHAM!, back to reality.

Peace,

chas

#271204 - 09/17/09 10:51 AM Re: I Loath you mR.wEST
124 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
Maybe you should read some of the blogs, tweets, etc. You'll see what I mean.

Yes, chas, I do see what you mean without having to wade through a bunch of garbage in blogs, etc. (they're not generally noted for intelligent comment on anything). It's just an ugly scenario all round that I absolutely have no time for. Nobody gains anything from it.

#271205 - 09/17/09 12:08 PM Re: I Loath you mR.wEST
cgiles Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by 124:
It's just an ugly scenario all round that I absolutely have no time for. Nobody gains anything from it.

You're absolutely correct. And may I add, it's refreshing to see someone respond in a rational, honest, and responsible manner.

chas

#271206 - 09/18/09 07:48 AM Re: I Loath you mR.wEST
ViLo Offline

Loc: Dallas Tx., USA
Quote:
Huh!!!

I think I'll let you take this one, Diki. Otherwise, someone will think it's just ol' thin-skinned chas at it again.

....and wow, coming from a VERY suprising source, too.

chas

I'll take it, and let me tell you why..
.I Have african american friends, guess waht they are saying about Kayne West and Serena?
"They have the rigth to do that", "it's freedom of speach"
"If it was a white person, nobody will care"
"Remember John McEnroe?"

So what they are saying is, "we are being discriminated against because we/they are black"

#271207 - 09/18/09 10:27 AM Re: I Loath you mR.wEST
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by ViLo:

"Remember John McEnroe?"

[/B]

As I recall, McEnroe paid fines in proportion to the size of the prize back in those days ...

The major difference today compared to 20 years ago is the level of media exposure ANY incident by ANYONE gets ... and how the media continues to feed on something long after it is newsworthy ... or at least until some other trash incident occurs ...

t.

#271208 - 09/18/09 11:14 AM Re: I Loath you mR.wEST
cgiles Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ViLo:
I'll take it, and let me tell you why..
.I Have african american friends, guess waht they are saying about Kayne West and Serena?
"They have the rigth to do that", "it's freedom of speach"
"If it was a white person, nobody will care"
"Remember John McEnroe?"

So what they are saying is, "we are being discriminated against because we/they are black"

President Obama called him a "jackass". Does that count? Or do your African-American friends speak for all American Blacks. I've got a few White friends and I sure hope they don't speak for all Whites. I mean these nutcases believe in all kinds of crazy stuff, like legalizing medical marijuana, a woman's right to choose, equal pay for women, background checks for gun sales, affordable quality health care, boycotting products from countries that don't abide by child labor laws; you know, a lot of sick sh!t like that. You think those guys speak for all Whites? Of course you don't....you live in Texas, right?

Making sweeping assumptions about people is the hallmark of prejudice. Why if I subscribed to such a thing, I might be asking to see your green card about now, Mr Lopez. Now wouldn't you find that offensive? I would. You know, Tony's right. The media DOES pick known hot-button issues to highlight, because it 'sells papers', so to speak. We would do well not to get sucked into the hype. We take a case of (relatively minor) bad behavior (as acknowledged by everyone, even his peers) and explode it into something much, much worse. I mean, don't we really WANT to live in peace and harmony with one another?

chas

#271209 - 09/18/09 11:48 AM Re: I Loath you mR.wEST
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
I mean, don't we really WANT to live in peace and harmony with one another?

Well, that would be the end of THIS forum...

It's getting to the point that we equate the LOUDEST thing to the majority. Democracy by bullhorn. The trouble is, Obama and the left are too polite to shout back.

What I want to know is, if an insurance company drops your coverage the minute you get something expensive to fix, how come THAT isn't a 'death panel'? The Democrats are idiots when it comes to pushing 'hot buttons' in the jackass population. And the Republicans are masters of it.

#271210 - 09/18/09 12:54 PM Re: I Loath you mR.wEST
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Chas, I appreciate your reasoned, intellectual approach to a really tough, pervasive issue.

Russ
(one of those crazy white friends of yours).

#271211 - 09/18/09 01:16 PM Re: I Loath you mR.wEST
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
People fear what they don't understand and hate what they can't conquer.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online