SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#2709 - 05/24/06 12:53 PM Hammond
ochre aka ogre Offline

Loc: UK
i Hi Folks,

Just spent the last hour (yes one hour - great!!) watching a video demo of Leon Kuyper playing various Hammond keyboards. This was thanks to Bernie9. The link is on the Technics site, "Music" started by "Retired" and Berie's post is the 7th one down. I say this cos if I try to type out the site link I'm bound to get it wrong(my typing is even worse than my playing).
Made me wonder why there is no Hammond site on the zone, and the only occaisional reference to Hammond are enquiries about finding the Hammond sound on Technics. Certainly my kn7000 comes nowhere near it.
I've always loved that Hammond sound, but for the sake of domestic bliss have to do all my playing using earphones, so using an acoustic Leslie speaker which seems to be the only way to get that blissful noise,is out.
However one of the instruments used appeared to be a general arranger type keyboard with built in styles, called XB1. The instrumental sounds were also high quality and I wondered if anyone has any experience of this keyboard. I don't know if it has built in speakers or whether it would require a Leslie - Hammond seem to have produced a much more compact speaker (X21?) but it's still an acoustic type which as I said I can't (dare'nt is really the word) get.
Any views folks on the XB21??

Peter

#2710 - 05/24/06 02:53 PM Re: Hammond
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
A good video indeed.
http://www.ke-musik.dk/Upload/HtmlArticles/Article1070/index.htm

Make sure you have NI B4 loaded so you can play along!
I'm playing mine from the Motif ES8. OUch! LOL

Forget all that other crap I typed.

-ED-

[This message has been edited by 3351 (edited 05-24-2006).]

#2711 - 05/25/06 02:48 PM Re: Hammond
Craig_UK Offline

These Hammond arrangers have been going for a few years now and although different models keep appearing offering the great Hammond sounds that many people love including myself, the other sounds and styles are lacking in quality comparing them to the likes of the Tyros 2, Ketron SD1 etc.
They are also very expensive for what they are.

#2712 - 05/26/06 09:50 AM Re: Hammond
RW Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
Excellent video! Excellet. Thanks for sharing that.

Bob
<><

#2713 - 05/26/06 09:54 AM Re: Hammond
ochre aka ogre Offline

Thaks folks. Think I'll stick with what I've got - altho I'd love to have that true Hammond sound....

Peter

#2714 - 05/31/06 01:40 AM Re: Hammond
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Peter
I too love the Hammond sound, and was thrilled when I first found the video and passed it around.

I have a KN7000, and eventhough it has great organ sounds, it just doesn't quite get me back to my B3 days in the 60's and 70's.

I found a way of coming as close to the real thing. Eventhough I am only moderately adept with computers, I decided to venture into the realm of Software synths. With a fast computer and plenty of RAM, this is absolutely an incredible duplication of the B3. I use it at home and playing out. http://www.arbitermt.co.uk/ni/products/b4ii.htm

Just a thought
Bernie

#2715 - 05/31/06 08:03 AM Re: Hammond
ralfaro Offline

Loc: Davie, Fl USA
Yes, I agree 100%. The Hammond sounds are terrific, but the Hammond is still back in the 70s and 80s with regard to the sounds and styles. I sure wish I could play like that guy though!

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig_UK:
These Hammond arrangers have been going for a few years now and although different models keep appearing offering the great Hammond sounds that many people love including myself, the other sounds and styles are lacking in quality comparing them to the likes of the Tyros 2, Ketron SD1 etc.
They are also very expensive for what they are.

#2716 - 06/22/06 11:07 AM Re: Hammond
ski2u2 Offline

Loc: Orange CA
Hammond XK2! Love IT! Portable, great digital leslie, fun to play. Affordable (I know that's a subjective term). Has a headphone jack too.

------------------
Andrew

#2717 - 06/22/06 02:14 PM Re: Hammond
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
I use a Hammond XB1 with a Motion-sound Pro3T
It comes very,very close by the "real"thing.
With my T2 it is a ideal pakkage.

Impuls,

#2718 - 06/30/06 07:17 AM Re: Hammond
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Nothing like the real thing, as long as you don't have to move it!

Russ( Old School) Lay

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online