SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 19 of 20 < 1 2 17 18 19 20 >
Topic Options
#270810 - 09/12/09 04:40 PM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I'll have a LOT more respect for all this 'potential' the day someone starts posting a bunch of styles they have created using third party drum loops...

Last I remember, Dreamer (Andrea) posted something he had created using some audio loops in a PA1X (I think that was it). And that was AGES ago...

The SD-1 has had this 'user loop' capability for quite a while. Where are all the user demos of happy owners busy creating great styles using audio drums?

Few and far between.

But I guess that won't stop you all one-upping each other over a spec that virtually none of you will ever use...

#270811 - 09/13/09 01:24 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

Last I remember, Dreamer (Andrea) posted something he had created using some audio loops in a PA1X (I think that was it). And that was AGES ago...

Actually it is a PA2X Pro and -yes- I have created a lot of loops, but I use them mainly as multipads to implement the existing styles and give them a live feel. This is also because I have to agree with what you said about the difficulty of finding appropriate loops to build a real style from scratch (including intro, endings and especially fills); probably the best way to do this is to sample the drum track of another arranger (I am thinking of my G-70, or maybe a Midjay plus).
I wish I could borrow an Audya from someone just to sample its loops...

#270812 - 09/13/09 01:31 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
...Last I remember, Dreamer (Andrea) posted something...

Really been a long time since I've seen Andrea post here at SZ.
As he live in Italy, he might be in a good position to dicover
any Audya secrets or issues for us?

If you read this Andrea, hopefully you're still going strong and
everything is fine with you.

Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#270813 - 09/13/09 01:35 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
WOW, while I wrote my post, all that sudden Andrea was there!

Nice to 'see' you Andrea, been a while, or maybe I missed some
of your posts?

GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#270814 - 09/13/09 04:08 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Dreamer Offline

Hi Gunnar,
you are right: I have been away for quite a time. Still not good as I would like to be, but I am looking to the future with hope.

#270815 - 09/13/09 08:43 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Andrea, Great to see you back in action. Hope you will continue to do well.
You can use my Audya anytime you want to come to Louisiana! Maybe you could make the Jam in January. It's just a hop, skip and jump from Italy.
DonM

#270816 - 09/13/09 09:59 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Dreamer Offline

Don,
thank you for your words.

P.S.: don't tempt me about the Lousiana jam...

#270817 - 09/13/09 01:02 PM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Nice to hear from you again, Andrea.

It's good to hear from someone that acknowledges how hard to do this all is... You are certainly not the only 'dreamer' on this thread!

I can't believe anyone would actually sample another arranger's grooves to use in the Audya, though! Wouldn't it still compare poorly to the audio ROM styles? Might as well just buy the other arranger in the first place, if its' grooves are THAT good! Which brings me round to an old topic. To be honest, although the Audya's audio drums are VERY good, they are not SO much better than my G70's live sounding drumkits that it is worth giving up all the MIDI flexibility they give. I am STILL in love with the Cover Tools and Makeup Tools, that allow you to create VERY different sounding styles out of any style.

I find these BY FAR the easiest way to create something fresh to play along with. MUCH easier than trying to match loops, that's for sure...

I just hope that any new TOTL Roland includes the sampler from the FantomG. Then I can have fun with a little audio, too! I'd love to hear some more stuff with your PA2X and the loop multipads, if you feel like posting, Andrea.

#270818 - 09/13/09 03:11 PM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Dreamer,
even an SD1+ would do.
The ideal would be to sample the Live Drum loops on their own without the interefence of the midi drum track. Wish I'd done it before I sold mine.

That's the problem with most of the drum loops I've tried. They're a complete drum rhythm, require too many of them to use in a style ( my PA800 only has 64mb's ram) wheras the SD1 Live Drums you have just some of the sounds & the rest of the rhythm is created by the midi drums. You can basically get away with the one Live Drum loop in a style , the variations are created by midi drum track.

Wish there was some way of "muting" certain drum instruments in wav loop, & then using the midi drum track to create the variations for the rest of the style parts.

I've only tried some of the BIAB drum loops & also bought a CD of drum rhythms ( for SD1+), but as Diki mentioned, no intro's, endings, not really suitable for arranger.

All I got out of it were a few brush swish drum pads that were pretty basic. I was able to use them in the background with midi drums playing over the top.

Nice to hear from you again Dreamer.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:

I wish I could borrow an Audya from someone just to sample its loops...

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#270819 - 09/13/09 11:33 PM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
razoo_26 Offline

Loc: Billing, MT, USA
Nedim wrote:

As i did and was objective in this topic but people are ignorants. I dont care about anyones
bussines or feelings, i say and tell it as it is. And yes, when i go to bars if i woman is FAT i tell
her straight YOU ARE FAT. I am just brutally honest. As for the Audya...yes, i still do like the synth but
i am dissapointed, i am not bashing at it, i am just stating facts. As for the PA2X goes i was never dissapoinred,
only in OS2 when it came out there was problems AND I WAS THE SOLE REASON IN THE WORLD THAT
THEY HAD IT FIXED IN 2 WEEKS AFTER I SPENT HOURS ON THE PHONE WITH JERRY KOWARSKY
AND PAOLO TRAMANONI IN ITALY, otherwise it was not happening. You guys dont know many things
about me, especially Korg owners, many things you play and enjoy today are cuz of ME, in many OSs...
here behind my computer browsing forums is not all i do...i do other things too. Everyone knows the wars
i waged on Korg Forums when that happened...few months later, OS 2.0 something for M3, another war,
this time James remembers, Me, Jerry, James, Darren, the engineers from Japan, by 100 e-mails a day
in conference...and fixed the problem. Any OS on any machine that comes out, I am the ONLY one that
first comes up with the bugs and problems, thats why many companies, Head Engineers and Staff sends
me tons of e-mails to stop telling the tru Collors cuz they know how much effect i have on hundreds and
thousand of people, maybe not on this forum but there is hundreds of them where my word is last.
If i say its not good they wont buy it. Thats why they e-mail me every day to stop bashing machines cuz
they know my people listen to only what i say...not cuz i am right, only cuz they think i am right.
---------------------------------

this may be a wee bit off topic, but
Hey Nedim,
with all your influence, tact, and talent, have u ever considered solving the simple problem of world peace?

Raz

Page 19 of 20 < 1 2 17 18 19 20 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online