may this be a lesson to us all,
we are all wrong from time to time
it's ok
it's ok too to admit we are wrong

we should all get to know a product better before we "bash" it,
before we misenterpret the facts...

i wasn't a believer in AUDYA,
demos were good, but i wasn't like , " i wanna buy it"
but after my trip to Portugal (FCMUSICA)
and after playing it, " i think i want one" :-)

it's like a car, "you must first test drive it" you may be amazed....

#270781 - 09/10/09 01:11 PM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
leezone Offline

at least Nedim and I agree on one thing, Pizza,

cool, just shoot me an email

#270782 - 09/10/09 01:13 PM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
...Neko XXL...coming this winter after February...screw the rest all.
I meant coming to my house, otherwise its out already.

Thats a serious investment but it will pay off..

But you could also go for openlabs DBeat and add it to your PA2X and get the best of both worlds....

http://keyszone.boards.net

#270783 - 09/10/09 09:17 PM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Some facts,

My friend had his Audya delivered in South Africa for less than the cheapest price a Tyros 3 can be had over here. What is all this hype about the Audya being so expensive?

I say again, the sound quality of the Audya is AMAZING!!! I am a great Yamaha supporter, fan & contributer. I have no reason for bashing it as I've had my PSR-3000 now for five years and I still absolutely love it.

But, the Audya is absolutely in a class of it's own. I've never heard anything like it yet. Yes, it sounds "Folk" like, but that is how real guitars sound anyway. Yes, it sounds 'warm" and "real" like most keep on describing it.

If I could upgrade, I'll keep my Yammie because of the thousands of styles I have for it, but I'll get an Audya, that's for sure!

Keep well,
Henni
South Adfrica where the Audya sounds better because of "the different voltage in our mains supply"

[This message has been edited by Henni (edited 09-10-2009).]

#270784 - 09/10/09 11:34 PM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
But you could also go for openlabs DBeat and add it to your PA2X and get the best of both worlds....[/B]

You make sense too, the thing is i dont really play live anymore, it will be a good studio
gadget...i mean...it is a whole studio, all you need is 2 speakers and a microphone.

#270785 - 09/11/09 10:42 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
You know, I really only see a tiny minority use their samplers to any great extent, I see only a tiny minority EVER try to put their own tempo sliced loops into the sampler, this all seems like a storm in a teacup...

Fact is, all that is happening here is a bunch of wonks or nerds arguing chip specs. There isn't really any likelihood that these capabilities are going to get exercised, so why bother getting all worked up about a capability virtually none of you are ever going to use? I have noticed VERY few T1/T2 users EVER complain about how slow they are to save Custom Voices that they have created. You know why...? Because virtually nobody DOES use the freakin' sampler! If they did, they'd be bitching about it all the time, and the save and load times would be something avidly discussed when a new model comes out. Know how many Yamaha users showed ANY concern about the T3's save time for the sampler...? ZERO!

That's about the same number as Ketron users who ever posted a demo showing off their own sampled loops in a style. And they have had this capability on the SD-1 for years...

And, I guarantee, once any of you actually TRY to use third party loops, and finally find out how difficult it is to get a whole set matched, trimmed and integrated with a style, you'll realize that none of this terribly urgent discussion about capabilities and 'potential' is of any matter at all!

I mean, c'mon! Hands up everybody that uses live loops in their show right now... Yep, didn't think so. One or two of you. if that. Thing is, you've had this feature for YEARS since the first arranger had the first sampler. And you didn't use it much. Just enough to find out what a PITA it is, if that.

So why has it turned into an obsession with the Audya...?

I pretty much am convinced no more of you are going to use this feature than already do. The rest of us could perhaps go back to worrying about things that are FAR more important, like maybe whether the timing glitches have been fixed, or whether the MIDI and audio guitar chords have been tweaked to sound more cohesive, or whether Ketron have developed many NEW audio styles for it since its' release... Because, when push comes to shove, it is going to be Ketron that uses the loop features a LOT more than anyone here is going to...

#270786 - 09/11/09 11:01 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
And, I guarantee, once any of you actually TRY to use third party loops, and finally find out how difficult it is to get a whole set matched, trimmed and integrated with a style, you'll realize that none of this terribly urgent discussion about capabilities and 'potential' is of any matter at all!

Spoilsport! Don't you just hate Diki and his reality checks? I mean, if we were all reasonable, rational, honest, and actually lived on this planet, there'd hardly be any conflicts on this board at all.........and what fun would that be?

chas

#270787 - 09/11/09 11:07 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
BTW, I'm running out this very minute to buy some of the last of last decades discontinued RAM so that I'll be prepared to upgrade my new next-generation Audya (when it's released in 2015).

chas

#270788 - 09/11/09 11:39 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
leezone Offline

diki,

you make good points

but fact is that every arranger lacks certain styles/rhythms

and AUDYA will soon give you the ability to record/load and STREAM your own, all 400GB of them :-)

[This message has been edited by leezone (edited 09-11-2009).]

#270789 - 09/11/09 11:58 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
BTW, I'm running out this very minute to buy some of the last of last decades discontinued RAM so that I'll be prepared to upgrade my new next-generation Audya (when it's released in 2015).

chas

ARE YOU SAYING THAT KETRON ARE BEHIND THE TIMES - A LITTLE OUT DATED
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

Page 16 of 20 < 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online