SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 14 of 20 < 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 19 20 >
Topic Options
#270760 - 09/10/09 06:34 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
As a person selling Audya's I want you to buy a yamaha or a korg because I make more money.

But as someone using the Audya to play, I really do like the styles and how they musically flow and the way the drums and bass can fill a room. Plus the other features like dedicated sliders with a master volume and seperated volumes sliders. the 2 mic inputs with effects, dual mp3s, dual wavs, with sliders.

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#270761 - 09/10/09 06:48 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
So does that mean I have an Old Audya already?

Frank,

Your in the electronics business, a week is old in this game, have a nice day Frank!

Frank the problem with Ketron is this, you had a video that you made running through the Audya and I noticed that you have the latest OS which had the new top page, I don't know when you got that version but it was way ahead of the general release with the new top page, are you another beta tester.

Regards
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#270762 - 09/10/09 07:07 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
frankieve Offline

Hi Tom,

I've been in the electronics business for about 25 years, so yes I know what ever is out is old, it's the beautful world of electonics.

I have asked to be a beta tester a couple of times, I sometimes get the new release and sometimes I don't. So I guess Ketron has enough beta testers. But if they do send me stuff I try my best to give them some feedback

It's too bad your not liking your Audya, maybe you can personally email me if there are questions you have? If it's just the keyboard, sorry.

When I do my European trip to visit my relatives, I hope I don't have to pay for any hotels with all my friends in Europe.

ha ha ha

Frank

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#270763 - 09/10/09 08:12 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:
Just a note for FC-xander..

Quote:
AAnd the great secret is at the soundboard , its true they use the SAM9708 + 2 new SAM3308 + MAS3587F

This is not a secret..the Micronas MAS3587 for encoding the Mp3 I have used it 15 years ago, on my first Megastation Black keyboard, the chipset have more than 20 years... and is limited on a lot features..

Quote:
AThis photos show us the first soundboard PB414 without the Ram Sockets , only now in PB414B Have the expansion Ram socket to future Ram Upgrades.

it mean that Frakieve have a OLD soundboard audya hardware version? How can be upgrade if the sam9708 is already max expaded at 256Mb?

Quote:
Its easy to see that the main board works based in 2 x 32Bit Microcontrolers upd703103

Right, is easy to see that they have used the same CPU from the all products. This because they will not risk to porting the all firmware story to one new generation CPU.

Quote:
The total Ram Flash memory in soundboard ( SAM 9708 ) is not 256Mb as Liontracs told , but almost 2.8 Gb. ( 11 x Intel's JS28F256 ( 256Mb Flash Rams ))

WRONG.
Intel JS28F256, is a 256 megabit NOT megabyte. 256:8= 32Mb each, X 11 = 352MB.
8 Flash ROM used for the SAM9708 and the others for the two sam3308, this match. http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/123791/INTEL/JS28F256J3A-120.html

On MS we use one flash ROM Spansion S29GL512-100ns, that is 512 megabit, :8= 64MB

Quote:
RAM memory is at this moment 64MB , but only 48Mb are dedicated to supersolos or other sample sounds , the rest are used by the soundboard OS.
They will give the possibilities ( with PB414B ) to put more Ram ( i dont know how much ) to increase the Ram memory for Samples ( supersolos or other sounds)

this is really interesting to know HOW to increase..sam3308 is already configured at the max RAM and the SAM9708 to 256 MB.
I like to know how they can make a hardware micracle to increase the RAM from one chipset that can NOT support more.

Quote:
About Samples....dont forget the possibilities of the "KEY TUNES"......
I think almost everybody dont knows that the Key Tunes are a Sampler with real time streaming from HD.....
And this dont uses ram , but all the free space in HD......( almost 50Gb ) and we can use external usb Pen or HD to put our WAV Samples to use with Key tunes....( if 50Gb is not enough )

I think that you don't know how is working one Sampler Streaming...
Key Tunes is a standard feature on one sampler HD streming, like our Linuxsampler under GIGA format.
The difference is that on Linuxsampler we can HD Streaming 300-800 stereo voice, with Unlimites file WAV size @ 16 or 24Bit too.
Bosendorfer 290 is 1640MB file with 8 layer zone for each key.
On Dream chip you can use MAX 4MB wav for each sample @16bit.
Digital mixer on Sam9708 is only 22bit and not 36 bit as the Envy 24.
the max digital out that you can get from Sam9708 is 18bit,with a lot of effects NOISE on audio outs. ( ask Fran for the test if you dont believe me)
the audio quality os Dream can be never compete with the normally PCI 24bit sound cards.

Bye

Seems Dom really knows what he's talking about (And he should being a developer himself)... I had only suspicions about Ketron Hardware, now Dom has proven me right with this lecture..

Sad thing is that none of the big brands dare build an arranger with the latest Intel based hardware as a core. Its much cheeper in the end and much easier to upgrade.

Makes me wonder how much the total sum of all the hardware parts of audya is ? And then compare it to the costprice of systems like Lionstracs and OL Neko

http://keyszone.boards.net

#270764 - 09/10/09 08:21 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
skude Offline

Hi folks
Was not sure if I wanted to be in all this heat about cpu's and streaming or what ever, but as Morten Jonassen says, I could'nt care less.
Have had my Audya for about a month, and it works fine so far, no freezing even with all my button pushing. Right now the Audya, the Korg PA800 and PA80 are hooked up to my Mackie 2x SRM 450 + sub. And its amazing how those Audya styles sounds. I am a korg player, have been it for many many years, and I love the Korg sound. But, hey, no matter what you all say about the Audya it sounds amazing. I have had people here listening to all three KB's and Audya always ends up beeing the winner. the remarks are always: it sounds like a real band. I will still gig with my PA800, at least a few more months. It takes time to set up 200+ regs. I'm in no hurry. Yes, the Audya can take some rough handling. I went on three different flights, with a lightweight kbcase from www.keyboardcases.com, no problems. No need for a song "airline breaking keyboards"
kind regards

[This message has been edited by skude (edited 09-10-2009).]

#270765 - 09/10/09 08:32 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Hi Tom,

I've been in the electronics business for about 25 years, so yes I know what ever is out is old, it's the beautful world of electonics.

I have asked to be a beta tester a couple of times, I sometimes get the new release and sometimes I don't. So I guess Ketron has enough beta testers. But if they do send me stuff I try my best to give them some feedback

It's too bad your not liking your Audya, maybe you can personally email me if there are questions you have? If it's just the keyboard, sorry.

When I do my European trip to visit my relatives, I hope I don't have to pay for any hotels with all my friends in Europe.

ha ha ha

Frank

It's Tony Frank not Tom Ok Bill!

Listen about the audya it's Ok it sounds great but those Italians there taking the mickey, £4000.00 for an unfinished job, this could only happen in this industry if people accept it and don't complain with there feet or money then it will take another year to get the Audya up to speed, it is the business you work in and I buy from, you even make little money on it when you sell it, so why do you do it.

Regards.

Frank you appear to be a decent chap you put your bit on Youtube for others, why did you pull those photos you never did say you can email me direct...

Tony not Tommmmmm
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#270766 - 09/10/09 08:51 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
I'm the first here to tell that ketron made really a great job for make working the audio styles with this type of hardware.
Dream allow this 1-2 HD streaming tracks BUT is better than nothing, we try here to made some similar but the AMD is to much fast and the Dream chip by midi is to much slow, can never match the sync audio-midi.
For that I admire ketron for this result.

My point is just a little different..we are on 2009 and give a lot of other possibility that cost 100 time less.

All you there for sure have try some like Kontack, Gigastudio and so on..and you know how many big files size you can manage really easy.

What I dont understand is why this big company still now, at 2009 continue offer OLD sampler dated technology that can manage just some MB, slow to loading and products that cost 3000/5000+ USD...

Just buy one Atom laptop 10" for 300 USD and you can running one big sampler/VST too by Midi.

For now you can be happy with the Audya, BUT after 3-6 months that you have this keyboard will come one day that you will be Bored for the always same audio Loops.

IF I dont have the possibility to simple load my OWN audio loops, vocal shots, audio effects where I like, then why I need a closed sampler system?
Then I remain with the G-70...
Diki...agree?

#270767 - 09/10/09 08:55 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
frankieve Offline

Sorry, Tony.

They were on photobucket, but then they were gone, so I'm not sure why they came down.

I'm just trying to help out

Frank

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#270768 - 09/10/09 09:07 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Sorry, Tony.

They were on photobucket, but then they were gone, so I'm not sure why they came down.

I'm just trying to help out

Frank

I would like to see inside the Audya without taking the top off, I am in electronics myself but building managemnet system, if you have got the photos could you email them, thanks Frank. I wanted to work out a cost to build.

Regards

#270769 - 09/10/09 10:32 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
...Neko XXL...coming this winter after February...screw the rest all.
I meant coming to my house, otherwise its out already.

Page 14 of 20 < 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 19 20 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online