#270751 - 09/09/09 10:25 PM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Henni:
Tony,

Do you own an Audya?

Henni

Henni,

Yes I do and a Pa2x. The Audya is in the shed in the back yard and the Korg I play.

If I keep the Audya it may become a collectors items and go up in value me thinks?????

Regards

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#270752 - 09/09/09 10:57 PM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
On this post and on the Audya all i can say to all of you is GOOD LUCK!!! You will need a lot of it.
Domenico said everything had to be said, even confirmed my 46-47 MB RAM. I am not as Technical
as Domenico is, maybe i cant express my self as he can but trust me, i know what i am talking, you
we'll need a lot of luck with Audya. I recieved 4 e-mails now at 2am in the morning from 4 Audya
users with problems. First i will take Pictures of the e-mails and post here, not just copy, then some
of them that are in other languages i will try to translate.

I HONESTLY CHALLENGE ANY SINGLE HAPPY AUDYA OWNER EXCEPT FC MUSICA AND FRANK
IN HERE! I WANT FACTS FOR THEIR HAPPINES THEN I WILL RUIN THE HAPPINES BACK WITH FACTS.

As i did and was objective in this topic but people are ignorants. I dont care about anyones
bussines or feelings, i say and tell it as it is. And yes, when i go to bars if i woman is FAT i tell
her straight YOU ARE FAT. I am just brutally honest. As for the Audya...yes, i still do like the synth but
i am dissapointed, i am not bashing at it, i am just stating facts. As for the PA2X goes i was never dissapoinred,
only in OS2 when it came out there was problems AND I WAS THE SOLE REASON IN THE WORLD THAT
THEY HAD IT FIXED IN 2 WEEKS AFTER I SPENT HOURS ON THE PHONE WITH JERRY KOWARSKY
AND PAOLO TRAMANONI IN ITALY, otherwise it was not happening. You guys dont know many things
about me, especially Korg owners, many things you play and enjoy today are cuz of ME, in many OSs...
here behind my computer browsing forums is not all i do...i do other things too. Everyone knows the wars
i waged on Korg Forums when that happened...few months later, OS 2.0 something for M3, another war,
this time James remembers, Me, Jerry, James, Darren, the engineers from Japan, by 100 e-mails a day
in conference...and fixed the problem. Any OS on any machine that comes out, I am the ONLY one that
first comes up with the bugs and problems, thats why many companies, Head Engineers and Staff sends
me tons of e-mails to stop telling the tru Collors cuz they know how much effect i have on hundreds and
thousand of people, maybe not on this forum but there is hundreds of them where my word is last.
If i say its not good they wont buy it. Thats why they e-mail me every day to stop bashing machines cuz
they know my people listen to only what i say...not cuz i am right, only cuz they think i am right.
Everything i said in this topic i stand by it, i dont take nothing back. Reread all of my posts on here, never
ever i mentioned OS 3.0. In each single post you find AS OF NOW, FOR NOW and AS IT IT...so go by it
stop twisting my words.

Again, good luck with Audya, time will tell, not me, AJ, Frank or anyone else, only time.

Ciao

#270753 - 09/09/09 10:58 PM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Geniek Offline

Loc: Polska
Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
I've also seen that Audya load the drum and guitar loops from the hard drive, and it seems to constantly stream them from the drive. I doubt it loads into RAM, because that would take a very long time to go from style to style, which the Audya does instantly.

Not sure what that actually means.

Well I know that I accidently deleted the factory drum loops from the hard drive. Because of this I did not have any audio drums.

Exactly. drum loops (user and factory) STREAM from the HDD
LiveGuitar loops from the ROM

#270754 - 09/09/09 10:58 PM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Nedim Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
BAsically teh Audya is nothing more then an updgraded SD1 with the audio styles as the main new added feauture

Yes, you are right and wrong...it is called MIDJAY with Keys.

#270755 - 09/09/09 11:07 PM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Nedim Offline

Does this sound like me hating Audya? On their own forum:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=46170

#270756 - 09/10/09 01:01 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Just a note for FC-xander..

Quote:
AAnd the great secret is at the soundboard , its true they use the SAM9708 + 2 new SAM3308 + MAS3587F

This is not a secret..the Micronas MAS3587 for encoding the Mp3 I have used it 15 years ago, on my first Megastation Black keyboard, the chipset have more than 20 years... and is limited on a lot features..

Quote:
AThis photos show us the first soundboard PB414 without the Ram Sockets , only now in PB414B Have the expansion Ram socket to future Ram Upgrades.

it mean that Frakieve have a OLD soundboard audya hardware version? How can be upgrade if the sam9708 is already max expaded at 256Mb?

Quote:
Its easy to see that the main board works based in 2 x 32Bit Microcontrolers upd703103

Right, is easy to see that they have used the same CPU from the all products. This because they will not risk to porting the all firmware story to one new generation CPU.

Quote:
The total Ram Flash memory in soundboard ( SAM 9708 ) is not 256Mb as Liontracs told , but almost 2.8 Gb. ( 11 x Intel's JS28F256 ( 256Mb Flash Rams ))

WRONG.
Intel JS28F256, is a 256 megabit NOT megabyte. 256:8= 32Mb each, X 11 = 352MB.
8 Flash ROM used for the SAM9708 and the others for the two sam3308, this match. http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/123791/INTEL/JS28F256J3A-120.html

On MS we use one flash ROM Spansion S29GL512-100ns, that is 512 megabit, :8= 64MB

Quote:
RAM memory is at this moment 64MB , but only 48Mb are dedicated to supersolos or other sample sounds , the rest are used by the soundboard OS.
They will give the possibilities ( with PB414B ) to put more Ram ( i dont know how much ) to increase the Ram memory for Samples ( supersolos or other sounds)

this is really interesting to know HOW to increase..sam3308 is already configured at the max RAM and the SAM9708 to 256 MB.
I like to know how they can make a hardware micracle to increase the RAM from one chipset that can NOT support more.

Quote:
About Samples....dont forget the possibilities of the "KEY TUNES"......
I think almost everybody dont knows that the Key Tunes are a Sampler with real time streaming from HD.....
And this dont uses ram , but all the free space in HD......( almost 50Gb ) and we can use external usb Pen or HD to put our WAV Samples to use with Key tunes....( if 50Gb is not enough )

I think that you don't know how is working one Sampler Streaming...
Key Tunes is a standard feature on one sampler HD streming, like our Linuxsampler under GIGA format.
The difference is that on Linuxsampler we can HD Streaming 300-800 stereo voice, with Unlimites file WAV size @ 16 or 24Bit too.
Bosendorfer 290 is 1640MB file with 8 layer zone for each key.
On Dream chip you can use MAX 4MB wav for each sample @16bit.
Digital mixer on Sam9708 is only 22bit and not 36 bit as the Envy 24.
the max digital out that you can get from Sam9708 is 18bit,with a lot of effects NOISE on audio outs. ( ask Fran for the test if you dont believe me)
the audio quality os Dream can be never compete with the normally PCI 24bit sound cards.

Bye

#270757 - 09/10/09 03:25 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
AFG Music Offline

domenico is right about flash ram
or know the differences between MegaByte and Megabit read this:

1 MB = 1 MegaByte
1 Mb = 1 Megabit
1 MegaByte = 8 Megabit

#270758 - 09/10/09 04:28 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
So does that mean I have an Old Audya already?

#270759 - 09/10/09 06:24 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Morten Jonassen Offline

Loc: Danmark
Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:

I HONESTLY CHALLENGE ANY SINGLE HAPPY AUDYA OWNER EXCEPT FC MUSICA AND FRANK
IN HERE! I WANT FACTS FOR THEIR HAPPINES THEN I WILL RUIN THE HAPPINES BACK WITH FACTS.

I’ll take you up on that challenge NEDIM. You are asking for facts:
1. It sounds way better than other arrangers including tin cans like Yamaha and Korg, both with regards to the styles and the solo voices.
2. Its build like a tank, I mean you can literally drop this thing from the fifth floor and it would probably still work – try to do that with a Tyros and you would spend the next 10 years gluing back the bits and pieces.
3. As for Ram and outdated hardware I could not care less, the current functionality of the board is sufficient for my needs.

Mind you I am not saying that the board cannot be improved because it could and should, and it actually seems like Ketron is constantly working on improving it, but for now I am generally happy with it.

Page 13 of 20 < 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 19 20 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online