Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 12 of 20 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 19 20 >
Topic Options
#270740 - 09/09/09 06:15 PM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
fc_xander Offline

Loc: Portugal
Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
so i GUESS we all agree User Audio Drums are NOT in ROM, but rather in HD and stream in realtime from HD as they are loaded/played through RAM?
and we therefore can have over 50GB (not 256MB like PA2X) of drum loops ?

yes Nedim?

Hi Again.

Audio Drums and User Audio Drums ( in 3.0 Release) are allways in HD , and allways plays in Real time streaming from HD.

Its diferent , for example, from the Audio Live Guitars , that are located at the Ram Flash Bank and plays from there.

[This message has been edited by fc_xander (edited 09-10-2009).]

#270741 - 09/09/09 08:40 PM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
leezone Offline

so it seems that we are learning more and more each and every day about AUDYA

i just hope that we can expand the AUDYA's RAM to over 1GB

oh...i guess i was right...those pics didn't last long on this forum now did they :-)

#270742 - 09/09/09 08:42 PM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
leezone Offline

since Ketron does not give us the details...
we do what we have to, to get answers

#270743 - 09/09/09 08:57 PM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
And also, i would love to find ONE SINGLE HAPPY
user with AUDYA but not Frank and FCMUSICA.

Careful with loose statements like that Nedim. My friend here in South Africa has had his now for three weeks and he is elated by it! So am I. The Tyros 3 did not impress him or me, but his Audya did and still does. It is in a class and sound of it's own and the sounds are warm and real. It is definitelely well worth the price tag.

Henni

#270744 - 09/09/09 09:13 PM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
leezone Offline

i'm sure there are MANY more satisfied AUDYA owners out there...

like ALL arrangers it has its pros and cons

but one thing is for sure, it is THE MOST "live sounding" arranger out there

and that is what sets it apart

when i play i don't want it to sound "tiny" or like a SMF, i want it to at least sound "live" and that live sound is the heart and soul... and AUDYA delivers it BIG TIME !!!

#270745 - 09/09/09 09:23 PM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
leezone Offline

Nedim

you used to praise, love and adore the AUDYA

and now

you degrade, hate and despise it

you were so PRO KETRON
and now you're very PRO KORG

you did a total 360 on it...
seems like it's not the AUDYA you hate
but rather some other issues...

putting all the issues aside...
i bet deep down you really enjoy playing it don't you?

#270746 - 09/09/09 09:41 PM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Henni:

Careful with loose statements like that Nedim. My friend here in South Africa has had his now for three weeks and he is elated by it! So am I. The Tyros 3 did not impress him or me, but his Audya did and still does. It is in a class and sound of it's own and the sounds are warm and real. It is definitelely well worth the price tag.

Henni

It must be the mains voltage in South Africa makes the Audya work better
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#270747 - 09/09/09 09:54 PM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
Give me a couple of minutes and I'll take it apart again!!!

Frank,

How come the photos have gone - don't tell me divine intervention from Ketron, BTW AJ has not had any input on this one, he is alive and kicking - but I wonder why he hasn't chipped in, does he know something we don't.

Tony

PS how are those hands doing, a bit of bricklaying this weekend will smarten them up! Did I miss the hands on the photos you deleted, dam dam dam! Please put the photo back on if your hands are in shot and sod Ketron.

Regards
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#270748 - 09/09/09 10:06 PM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:
well..for the boards that I can see there..
On the Main PCB they still use always the NEC embedded micro controller, so forget about have the 1-2Gb DIMM ram promised and of course the USB 2.0. For this features need one X86 CPU.

The Audio PCB board is nice developed and include the SAM9708, 128 Voice with max 256Mb ROM/FLASH and can streaming up to MAX 2 stereo voice. here the datasheet: http://atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod_documents/doc1772.pdf
Solder this all 11 Flash for me is crazy, when give avaialble Flash chip of 64 and 128Mb too. For me was better develope a dimm slot, where is possible učpdate mode easy, like the flash on MS: http://www.lionstracs.com/store/images/9b74722e9a28b8e18eda606b1ae24e6e_large.jpg

Then they have included the two SAM3308B: http://atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod_documents/doc6090.pdf
are the new dream chipset for decoding 1 Mp3 file, for that they need 2 chipset for fade 2 audio players.
Sam3308B, can stream 1 Mp3, max 32 voice and max 64Mb RAM/Flash
I THINK one SAM3308B is used for the keyboard, for that also you can load max 64Mb (-the OS firmware code and tools) mean that remain the 47-48Mb available.
The second SAM3308B is used for the MIC effects, vocalist and so on..

In fact, if you read the Audya specifications: http://www.ketron.it/prodotti/dettagli.asp?sezione=1&idProdotto=30
the ROM size seem match and also the 197 voice ( here we have to discuss, because when the al effects are ON, you lost about 60% of the voice)

So..for what in this moment I have understand the audya work in this way:
arranger: the style will be played on SAM9708 because is the big one that can store the all 256Mb ROM data sounds and also streaming from HD up to 2 stereo WAV files.
In this way they can store the all audio DRUMS loops from HD and the all parts from the ROM side. Note that each Wav file can not be more as 4Mb size ( Dream specification)

Midiplayers: they wil be played on SAM9708 too, in fact you can fade-mix two midifiles too and they need of course the ROM sounds.

Keyboard: here I'm not totally sure..maybe they routing the midi OUT of the keyboard to the SAM9708 too, for play the all basic ROM sounds. When wil be used the keyboard sampler, they will switch the midi OUT to one SAM3308B, for that you have available only this 48Mb sampler.

In fact if you read the atmel specification, you can NOT share the same memory/ROM to others chipset, every chipset must have the owner static working RAM and Flash/Rom.

For me seem only one Midjay more expanded, always with the same hardware, nothing new.

The BIG problem of this all manufactures is the ROM Sampler system.
Untill they will not jump to the X-86 system and use a true sampler software, they remain always limited on this range.
IF they will jump on X-86 remain the problem: wich HD streaming sampler to use??
All the software sampler under windows, forget it, because then mean to install the windows OS, license and the all issue that we know...
Remain the Linux...Linuxsampler without interface, all TCP remote controlled, BUT they wil NOT buy me the license too.
the end....IF they choose one PC ampler, they have to porting all again the 20 years of sounds ROM story to the HD and then you can copy all...
For sure they will be never interested to jump to X-86...

look here: http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=A330GC&s=
with one X-86 mainboard like this ( cost around 80 euro) they can resolve this all issue, COST 200 time MUCH less than develope a propietary CPU mainboard.

This is used now on our new keyboards, stage pianos and Vasio synth.

Anyway is better to see what ketron can make with the new software, BUT for now, with this hardware do NOT dream to have more hardware features...( I mean about RAM,HD Sata, USB and so on..)

Clear message here, go buy LIONSTRACS if you want all singing,dacing, bells and whistles, or "shut up a your face".

Wonder if LIONSTRACS does Autopsies, what's the dirrence in cost between Audya and LIONSTRACS.

#270749 - 09/09/09 10:09 PM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
Nedim

you used to praise, love and adore the AUDYA

and now

you degrade, hate and despise it

you were so PRO KETRON
and now you're very PRO KORG

you did a total 360 on it...
seems like it's not the AUDYA you hate
but rather some other issues...

putting all the issues aside...
i bet deep down you really enjoy playing it don't you?

Orriginally Nedim was dissapointed by the PA2X too, he left it for Audya, but when Audya wasn't what he hoped for he went back to PA2X that had become a rock stable performer with OS updates over time.

His reactions show just how dissapointed he was by Audya, i think Nedim is a very emotional man not afraid to share his emotions with others, which is very good for a musician as music is all about emotions but it would be not so good for a diplomat.

All the answers are in the last 2 posts Of Lionstracs and fc. They clearly tell us that Audya was developed with old hardware (which we allready knew) and that there will never be more then 240 Mb conventional ram (256Mb - OS space) BAsically teh Audya is nothing more then an updgraded SD1 with the audio styles as the main new added feauture.

Fc allexander states that there are ways to work around it, but lionstracs points to the real problem, they should have used an Intel based core (motherboard and CPU) in this system this would have kept the costs at an acceptable level comparable to other top level arrangers and would have allowed keytrom to even make more money on every unit they sell. Next to that they would be more flexible to upgrade that system with new feautures.

All in all Audya will have it place and share on the market for people that just want to play music and sound good, but i think that people that want to be creative with music will not chooae it in the end. Its to much a closed system its a true WYSIWYG and nothing more.

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 12 of 20 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 19 20 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online