SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 20 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 19 20 >
Topic Options
#270690 - 09/09/09 11:55 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
Quote:

"I`m not Ketron owner , i respect this brand and i work with this brand from 22 Years ago , because this brand allways give me all that i need to do my business and win my money , and what i have from Ketron , no other brand never give me." It sound to me like a partial opinion if Ketron provide him with all that money.

"maybe Korg is good , but for Latin / Acustic Markets , forget Korg.....Its plastic sounds and "Songoku" styles...." if Ketron is so good for Latin markets, why you can't find a Ketron keyboard in Latin America.
Maybe Ketron make good keyboards, but their support lack in any field. It is even difficult to get a decent user manual in another language other that in Italian.

Don't see what is the issue with devices make in China. The key is the design and supervision. Apple build all their PC's and iPODs in China. I bet that they sell more electronics devices than any "Made in Italy" company.

#270691 - 09/09/09 12:05 PM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Geniek Offline

Loc: Polska
Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
Thanks,

It was just the easiest location since the drive was mounted there, adn I didn't want to extend the cable. So I;m sure anyone would have done the same thing if they wanted to.

What HDD is in the Audya? ATA, SATA or else? SAMSUNG, HITACHI, WD or else?

[This message has been edited by Geniek (edited 09-09-2009).]

#270692 - 09/09/09 12:07 PM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
ide

#270693 - 09/09/09 12:09 PM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Geniek Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
ide

Can you show a photograph?
I thought about mounting the SSD to Audya (but this is SATA). What do you think?

[This message has been edited by Geniek (edited 09-09-2009).]

#270694 - 09/09/09 12:11 PM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Quote:
Originally posted by fc_xander:
To NEDIM:

Are you shure that AUDYA only have 46 or 47 Mb Ram?

About USER AUDIO DRUMS LOOPs , each part , for example ARR A , the loop with 8 bars has almost 3Mb only ( WAV stereo 16Bit 44.1K ).
What is the problem to play 3Mb size loop files in Real time HD streaming?

I am very sure as of now Audya has only 46-47 MB of RAM and please dont try to correct
me, none of us is stupid in here, it was confirmed by AJ, by me, by other users and trust me
i know about synths a little more then you think i know, i know what RAM is. Or is this another
desperation like Dom and the MS??? Please, you can be smarter then denying Audya has
more then 46MB of RAM. As for Audio Loops, i am not talking about Factory Loops, i am talking
about USER LOOPS which also for now can ONLY be stored in USER RAM.
Lee, FC and some others, please do some research before claiming anything. I spent enough
time with the Audya to know what it can do and what cant. And i still stand by what i said,
46MB of Audio User Loops is 6 times less then 256 MB of Audio User Loops.

#270695 - 09/09/09 12:13 PM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Nedim Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
the AUDYA DOES NOT use RAM for it's audio DRUM loops,
in fact, it uses about 11GB of HD space streaming in REALTIME,
that is a FACT, and facts are facts

i don't think PA2X or any KORG or ANY other arranger have anywhere near 11GB of drum samples/loops (with another 60GB+ free for USER)

Yes, Right, it streams the Factory which is called ROM even though is on an HD.
And no Wrong, Korg can do more then Audya for now, 256 MB, 6 times more then 46MB.

#270696 - 09/09/09 12:16 PM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Nedim Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by fc_xander:
Japonese brands Boards are assembled in China.....

Wrong again! Who told you that? Are you claiming all of them are assembled in China???

#270697 - 09/09/09 12:22 PM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Geniek Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
I am very sure as of now Audya has only 46-47 MB of RAM and please dont try to correct
me, none of us is stupid in here, it was confirmed by AJ, by me, by other users and trust me
i know about synths a little more then you think i know, i know what RAM is. Or is this another
desperation like Dom and the MS??? Please, you can be smarter then denying Audya has
more then 46MB of RAM. As for Audio Loops, i am not talking about Factory Loops, i am talking
about USER LOOPS which also for now can ONLY be stored in USER RAM.
Lee, FC and some others, please do some research before claiming anything. I spent enough
time with the Audya to know what it can do and what cant. And i still stand by what i said,
46MB of Audio User Loops is 6 times less then 256 MB of Audio User Loops.

In Audya USER LOOP to play as well as factory loops (streaming),in the file name must be given the pace USER LOOP ex. mydrum_93_1.wav and are read directly from the HDD and not loaded into RAM .

#270698 - 09/09/09 12:23 PM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Bachus Offline

Dang, and i tought the war was in Afghanistan..

But all you talk about is the styles...

How about the Ketron solo voices? Can they keep up with Korg Yammaha and Roland? I don't see a lot of improvement in their solo voices since SD1.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#270699 - 09/09/09 12:24 PM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
As for Audio Loops, i am not talking about Factory Loops, i am talking about USER LOOPS which also for now can ONLY be stored in USER RAM.

Ah.... interesting.

So you are saying that ONLY ROM loops (only they are NOT ROM, they are stored on the HD) can stream, and User drum loops will have to be loaded into the sampler's paltry 48MB RAM (thereby squeezing out whatever else you already have in there - like Supervoices)?

I don't think too many on this thread knew that...

Is this how the SD-1 worked, or did they eventually get that to stream User drum loops?

Page 7 of 20 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 19 20 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online