Page 6 of 20 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 19 20 >
Topic Options
#270680 - 09/09/09 11:09 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Quote:
Originally posted by fc_xander:
[B] I think you must go to school again......NEDIM

You tell that the 256Mb Ram memory to loops in Pa2x are 6 x more than the 80Gb Hard Disk from Audya????
Ok , we must remove almost 14Gb , its the system folder , you have almost 65GB available to Put Audio Drum Loops ......In Audya....

You are waaaaaayyyyyy of beat and waayyy wrong. Trust me, i know what ROM and ROM is
probably WAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better then you. We are not taling about HD size in here
but pure RAM which is needed to play the loops and on the AUDYA is only 46-47 MB.
Can you prove me wrong??? I would love so but you have no way in hell of doing that.
Another point, i really dont care what Audya brings tomorow, i see what it is today, Audya
is bringing something for the last 3 years but nothing is happening yet.
PA2X is already in history with everything on it...only 3000$...and i think you are in love
with Ketron or you own it...i dont really care about Korg or Ketron, all i care is which one is
better and which one suits my needs first. You are a salesman, you got stuck with Audya
not knowing what to do and you must act this way but i am not stuck with any of them.
I just go by WHATS BEST!

#270681 - 09/09/09 11:19 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Nedim Offline

And also, i would love to find ONE SINGLE HAPPY
user with AUDYA but not Frank and FCMUSICA.
They are salesmen, they wont say anything bad about it. All of the users i know with Audya
none is happy and every single one of them has problems till today. My friends from MRSound
sold 2 of them and both users are suicidal.Tony is the third one, i know another 4-5 users which
are not on the forum, they are even worst cases. And FC, this has nothing to do with Arabic music.
Ketron can only DREAM about Middle Eastern music, i am just saying in general. How the hell in
the world you sell a 5000$ machine called Arranger with no Style Editor. You gotta be kidding me.
You selling me a tractor trailer with no trailer? Oh we'll give you one later but pay for it now.
It doesnt work like that...trust me, i know Ketrons market too, probably better then you cuz i dont
deal only with Portuguese people or only with Middle Eastern. For your info no, i am not Arabic,
maybe you got the wrong idea from some of my demos and now you think all i know is the Arabic
world and music. lets be and stay real about this and stop talking what will Audya bring but lets
see what we have on the table now.
Next year i am getting a 100 000$ project but right now i dont have money for rent...
what difference in my life does next years 100 grant make in my life?

NADA!

Or as they say in my country:
Dont die Donkey till green grass is out!

[This message has been edited by Nedim (edited 09-09-2009).]

#270682 - 09/09/09 11:26 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Nedim,

I do tell my customers everything, I also make more money selling a Korg or Yamaha discounted, before selling an Audya full price.

I do agree with you, the Audya was either released too early or was not designed completely. The price tag is very steep also, but just like a Mercedes, Land Rover, Chevrolet, Honda, they all have their buyers, they all have their problems.

I have bought plenty of things that I regret, but atleast with the Audya, it seems that Ketron is constantly working on enhancing, updating, upgrading or what have you, just like Korg does, at no charge, Yamaha tends to charge for what extras come out, but it's still nice to know that whatever you bought is still being added on to.

And Nedim I thought you were Irish

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#270683 - 09/09/09 11:31 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Nedim Offline

Yeah...with my pitch black hair...Frank, i understand you and you are right but how much
damage it will do to Ketron untill they fix it? Thats my point. I cant start a set of sounds
today and start selling it right away but tell customers you will recieve it next year.

#270684 - 09/09/09 11:31 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
leezone Offline

Nedim you said:

"We are not talking about HD size in here
but pure RAM which is needed to play the loops and on the AUDYA is only 46-47 MB.
Can you prove me wrong??? I would love so but you have no way in hell of doing that."

with all due respect and not to take sides,
but Fernando @ FCMUSICA is right on this one,
the AUDYA DOES NOT use RAM for it's audio DRUM loops,
in fact, it uses about 11GB of HD space streaming in REALTIME,
that is a FACT, and facts are facts

i don't think PA2X or any KORG or ANY other arranger have anywhere near 11GB of drum samples/loops (with another 60GB+ free for USER)

but maybe i don't know what i am talking about...

#270685 - 09/09/09 11:33 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
Once again I don't recomend this, it will void your warranty.

hey Frank....that looks like the same thing the Mediastation already has underneath?....did you get the idea from that KB?....nice job BTW!

#270686 - 09/09/09 11:41 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
leezone Offline

what Fernando @ FCMUSICA is saying is that:

PA2X has 256 MB RAM,
AUDYA has 11GB of DRUMS, and about 50GB free for more

#270687 - 09/09/09 11:46 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
the fact is that the KETRON Drums are in a league of their own...

and if all those other arrangers can stream live drum loops as can the AUDYA, why do they sound like a tin can ?? (ie. Tyros3)

I never said they can stream live loops. You have to load them into the sampler first. But yes, once you do that, they can sound IDENTICAL to an Audya. You could actually take the audio loops off an Audya and use them in your Tyros, if you wanted to.

BUT... as I said, simply having the capability isn't enough. Someone has to make the loops. And the majority of loop libraries available don't really lay things out the same way that arrangers are going to need them. Especially with regard to Intros and Endings. Those rarely exist in loop libraries.

You've also got to take into consideration that Ketron kept a very consistent kit sound for most of their styles, lending a cohesiveness to the whole thing that many have commented that it helps to have such evenness. You buy commercial loops, they are ALL going to be different, different volumes, different EQ balances, etc..

The thing is, I find it very telling that the majority of SD-1 users didn't use this feature extensively when it was a part of the SD-1 OS. If it were THAT easy to do, and loops were easy to find and match, you would have thought that a LOT more people would have done it... You would have thought that a plethora of third party loop makers would have produced sets optimized for the SD-1.. You would have thought that their would already exist a HUGE library of styles already developed that made extensive use of the audio loop feature...

But there isn't...

Just like 'open' arrangers, I think the 'potential' is a lot more enticing than the reality

Look, if you are ALREADY a bigtime drum loop user (Acid or Ableton Live, e.g.), have already spent a lot of time learning the intricacies of loop slicing and trimming, maybe have access to a decent recording studio and a rock solid, first call drummer (if you want to make your own), then yes, this is a big deal. But without those skills and experience, I have a feeling that, just like most SD-1 users, you are going to find it is a lot more work than the results justify...

Unfortunately, the Ketron R&D team failed to be able to add multiple streaming loops to the Audya. They announced it initially, and it would have been a game changer if they had succeeded, but in point of fact, they got no better streaming performance out of the Audya than they had with the SD-1. So this is NOT groundbreaking stuff. It has been out for years, and few people have succeeded in utilizing it. So I don't honestly see any difference here.

And, in the end, with drum libraries like BFD and EZDrummer getting to the point that it is virtually impossible to tell if they are loops of live drumming or just highly detailed MIDI playback of MIDI drumming, why even go down this route? Audio loops still have the fatal flaw of being basically uneditable, whereas MIDI files allow all the flexibility you could ever ask for. Want that groovy pattern on a brush kit instead of a rock kit? You CAN'T do that with audio loops. But it's a snap with MIDI.

I think the audio loop capability is going to be great for the electronica/dance players, but for those of us with more 'conventional' needs, it isn't quite the boon you might think...

#270688 - 09/09/09 11:47 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Thanks,

It was just the easiest location since the drive was mounted there, adn I didn't want to extend the cable. So I;m sure anyone would have done the same thing if they wanted to.

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#270689 - 09/09/09 11:52 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
fc_xander Offline

Loc: Portugal
To NEDIM:

Are you shure that AUDYA only have 46 or 47 Mb Ram?

About USER AUDIO DRUMS LOOPs , each part , for example ARR A , the loop with 8 bars has almost 3Mb only ( WAV stereo 16Bit 44.1K ).
What is the problem to play 3Mb size loop files in Real time HD streaming?

Page 6 of 20 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 19 20 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online