SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 19 20 >
Topic Options
#270670 - 09/08/09 01:10 PM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
leezone Offline

when user audio loops are available in OS 3.0

it will open up SO MANY possibilities

what other arranger will allow you to have your VERY OWN audio loops for your VERY OWN types of music? NONE...

that will be a HUGE step in the right direction

#270671 - 09/08/09 06:15 PM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Just don't get TOO enthusiastic about this capability. For one thing, it is streaming of just ONE loop at a time, you are not going to be able to stream multiple loops (like you would need for guitar loops, or separate breakbeat loops from the drum track, etc.)...

And it's not going to chord follow.

But the thing for me is, there aren't that many drum loop libraries out there that are laid out like arranger styles. Sure, you can find maybe four loops that increase in intensity (sometimes) and you can find fill loops that connect them (sometimes), but you rarely ever get Intro or Ending loops that work well as needed.

I mean, they have had this capability on the SD-1 for quite a while. But how many Ketron users make all their own audio drum tracks (other than maybe ethnic musics poorly represented by ROM styles)..?

#270672 - 09/08/09 08:06 PM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
leezone Offline

i am getting excited because drums is the heart and soul of any style...
the drums on AUDYA sound very live,
and soon we will be able to have ANY live drum loop, that is something to be excited about

but if you think Drums aren't that important then get yourself a Tyros3 :-)

#270673 - 09/08/09 09:23 PM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
the drums on AUDYA sound very live,
and soon we will be able to have ANY live drum loop, that is something to be excited about

We already have a machine like that, at least 9 years before Audya, started with PA80 which today is
still way ahead of Audya in its advancement. Now we finally have PA2X which has 256 MB RAM which
is 6 times more then Audya and how advanced it is it will be embarassing to compare Audya to it.

Quote:
what other arranger will allow you to have your VERY OWN audio loops for your VERY OWN types of music? NONE...

One does, way better, more advanced and most of all 6 times more space for the Loops, PA2X.

You can bash or anything at my but i think i was fair and objective enough.

#270674 - 09/09/09 12:03 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:

Point of fact... ANY arranger with a sampler.

PA1, PA2, T2, T3, Wersi OAS, Mediastation, probably forgotten a few more

The thing is, there's a big gap between capability and execution. Just as making a style is hard, finding JUST the right loops for a complete style is not easy. Then going through all the OS BS that doing this is going to be is also a major PITA.

But it's not a new capability by any means.

#270675 - 09/09/09 06:49 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
leezone Offline

the fact is that the KETRON Drums are in a league of their own...

and if all those other arrangers can stream live drum loops as can the AUDYA, why do they sound like a tin can ?? (ie. Tyros3)

#270676 - 09/09/09 08:54 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
fc_xander Offline

Loc: Portugal
Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
One does, way better, more advanced and most of all 6 times more space for the Loops, PA2X.

You can bash or anything at my but i think i was fair and objective enough.

I think you must go to school again......NEDIM

You tell that the 256Mb Ram memory to loops in Pa2x are 6 x more than the 80Gb Hard Disk from Audya????
Ok , we must remove almost 14Gb , its the system folder , you have almost 65GB available to Put Audio Drum Loops ......In Audya....
Yes , audya will play USER AUDIO DRUMS LOOPS direct from HD in Real Time Streaming.....

I think first of all that you dont now nothing about Ketron History and principal markets.....
And you dont like this brand....
You love Korg , and you want that Ketron became a Korg clone....

I hope this never happens......

Because , Ok , for Arab markets or other electronic music markets , maybe Korg is good , but for Latin / Acustic Markets , forget Korg.....Its plastic sounds and "Songoku" styles....

For example , in my opinion , Tyros 3 are Miles and miles away from Pa2x.....
But for Latin Markets also is not good , because arranger section is to much "Plastic" sonority....

If you like ketron , good.....
If no , no problem , Japonese Brands must also sell Keyboards , they have big problems with this mundial crisis.....You must help thems....

About USB.
One Question i ask...
How many keyboards are using USB 2.0 ?

To Tony Hughes:
I think you have a problem with Ketron , but i dont now what is the problem , and i dont have free time to search.
I`m not Ketron owner , i respect this brand and i work with this brand from 22 Years ago , because this brand allways give me all that i need to do my business and win my money , and what i have from Ketron , no other brand never give me.

I have my opinions , and i write all off them in my Blog , you write some words in Portuguese , maybe you can read my blog and see that i allways say my opinions there.

Here in Portugal everything are normal with us and Ketron , i dont know what happens in other countrys , and is not my problem...

To DIKI:
I dont agree with you.....
And about YAMAHA , i ask you a simple question.....
I dont Like the sonority of Tyros keyboards....
Are to much plastic or electronic to my LATIN market.....
But i LOVE Yamaha MotifXs.....Fantastic Keyboard , Fantastic sounds , fantastic arpeggiator....
Yamaha have "Know How" , they have an Empire , Why they produce a Tyros 3 with that "Sondoku" sonority in arranger section?
Its so dificult to put the fantastic sound technologie of MotifXs inside an arranger Keyboard?
Tyros 3 for example have technologie that ketron use in X1 , 10 years ago.....Why???

Its easy tell......Ketron Audya Price is too High....
Ok , it is in my opinion.....They will sell 2 or 3 times more if in europe the price goes from 4000€ to 3000€....
But Audya uses Modern technologie....
Pa2x works on the same board of Pa1x.....almost 10 years ago technologie...
Tyros3 works on the same board from Tyros 1 ....Almost 10 years ago technologie.....

Ketron Boards are assembled in Italy , Japonese brands Boards are assembled in China.....
The cost of prodution are lots different....

If you dont have money to buy , i respect you...

Bye

Sorry for my bad english

F.C

[This message has been edited by fc_xander (edited 09-09-2009).]

#270677 - 09/09/09 09:53 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
leezone Offline

with OS 3.0
with expandable HD (500GB +)
with expandable RAM, sound board (perhaps 1GB or 2GB)
with user audio drum loops
with more Super voices
with more audio guitar loops
with pattern/style editing

and much of this is on the way...

the AUDYA will be hard to beat...

[This message has been edited by leezone (edited 09-09-2009).]

#270678 - 09/09/09 10:42 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I have to say, the Audya does make me think twice about how they put this together with certain things that just seem outdated or old.

But when I gig, I always grab the Audya out of the Tyros 3, and Pa2xpro. Not saying I don't like the others but I feel the Audya has a very good musically feel on their styles, and their mix seems to work just right.

I do appreciate the Pa2xpro and what it can do, but I always find mh way back to the Audya.

Hopefully with some newer styles and sounds, and new updates and upgrades, it will be closer and maybe even surpass it's price tag

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#270679 - 09/09/09 10:57 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Geniek Offline

Loc: Polska
Quote:
Originally posted by fc_xander:
I think you must go to school again......NEDIM

You tell that the 256Mb Ram memory to loops in Pa2x are 6 x more than the 80Gb Hard Disk from Audya????
Ok , we must remove almost 14Gb , its the system folder , you have almost 65GB available to Put Audio Drum Loops ......In Audya....
Yes , audya will play USER AUDIO DRUMS LOOPS direct from HD in Real Time Streaming.....

I think first of all that you dont now nothing about Ketron History and principal markets.....
And you dont like this brand....
You love Korg , and you want that Ketron became a Korg clone....

I hope this never happens......

Because , Ok , for Arab markets or other electronic music markets , maybe Korg is good , but for Latin / Acustic Markets , forget Korg.....Its plastic sounds and "Songoku" styles....

For example , in my opinion , Tyros 3 are Miles and miles away from Pa2x.....
But for Latin Markets also is not good , because arranger section is to much "Plastic" sonority....

If you like ketron , good.....
If no , no problem , Japonese Brands must also sell Keyboards , they have big problems with this mundial crisis.....You must help thems....

About USB.
One Question i ask...
How many keyboards are using USB 2.0 ?

To Tony Hughes:
I think you have a problem with Ketron , but i dont now what is the problem , and i dont have free time to search.
I`m not Ketron owner , i respect this brand and i work with this brand from 22 Years ago , because this brand allways give me all that i need to do my business and win my money , and what i have from Ketron , no other brand never give me.

I have my opinions , and i write all off them in my Blog , you write some words in Portuguese , maybe you can read my blog and see that i allways say my opinions there.

Here in Portugal everything are normal with us and Ketron , i dont know what happens in other countrys , and is not my problem...

To DIKI:
I dont agree with you.....
And about YAMAHA , i ask you a simple question.....
I dont Like the sonority of Tyros keyboards....
Are to much plastic or electronic to my LATIN market.....
But i LOVE Yamaha MotifXs.....Fantastic Keyboard , Fantastic sounds , fantastic arpeggiator....
Yamaha have "Know How" , they have an Empire , Why they produce a Tyros 3 with that "Sondoku" sonority in arranger section?
Its so dificult to put the fantastic sound technologie of MotifXs inside an arranger Keyboard?
Tyros 3 for example have technologie that ketron use in X1 , 10 years ago.....Why???

Its easy tell......Ketron Audya Price is too High....
Ok , it is in my opinion.....They will sell 2 or 3 times more if in europe the price goes from 4000� to 3000�....
But Audya uses Modern technologie....
Pa2x works on the same board of Pa1x.....almost 10 years ago technologie...
Tyros3 works on the same board from Tyros 1 ....Almost 10 years ago technologie.....

Ketron Boards are assembled in Italy , Japonese brands Boards are assembled in China.....
The cost of prodution are lots different....

If you dont have money to buy , i respect you...

Bye

Sorry for my bad english

F.C

[This message has been edited by fc_xander (edited 09-09-2009).]

bravo

Page 5 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 19 20 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online