Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 19 20 >
Topic Options
#270660 - 09/08/09 08:54 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Quote:
Originally posted by fc_xander:
As you can see , Ketron listen to the people and are working hard to give to all costumers what they want.

Dear Fernando, no brother, they are not listening to anyone, what they are doing is
things that were supposed to be there at first place on a 5000$ machine so dont be
too gratefull to them. This is a MUST, they HAVE to do it, it is not listening to us but it
is what the HAD to do at first place. You will see what happens after they complete it,
you will never hear anything for the Audya again...please lets be and stay realistic.

#270661 - 09/08/09 08:55 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I completely agree, DO NOT DO THIS TO YOUR AUDYA, I just tend to be a little anal about having back-ups, and I can't stand how slow USB 1 is. I believe it's almost as fast as a floppy drive

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#270662 - 09/08/09 09:19 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
leezone Offline

Nedim,

Ketron does listen MUCH MORE than any other of the big 3, Roland, Korg, Yamaha...

i think Fernando knows this first hand (per his trip to KETRON Italy's factory)
http://ketronaudya.wordpress.com/

#270663 - 09/08/09 10:14 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Lee, if i owed you 500$ and i gave it back to you that doesnt mean i did a favor to you.
That means i SIMPLY HAD to give it back to you, sam as Ketron with Audya in this case.
Listening is when you have a 100% complete machine like the PA2X and then adding new things.

#270664 - 09/08/09 10:34 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Lee,

What do you think about the audya now after spending sometime with it?

How are the portuguese styles, marcha & malhaos on the audya vs. xd9 or sd5?

Do find that there is more pros vs. cons on the audya? I know people just love to bash Ketron, but is the keyboard living up to the so called hype?

thanks,
Mario

#270665 - 09/08/09 10:40 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Hello from Portugal.

As you can see , Ketron listen to the people and are working hard to give to all costumers what they want.
But you must understand that Ketron Labs is not Yamaha , ketron are 1000 x smaller than yamaha.

F.C.
Ketron portugal www.fcmusica.com www.ketronaudya.wordpress.com

Pequenas deve ser bom, eficiente e bonito e KETRON não é.
Eu sei que você não pode dizer que é barato e desagradável - é caro e desagradável

Small should be good, efficient and beautiful and KETRON is not.

I know you can’t say Audya is cheap and nasty -it’s expensive and nasty.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#270666 - 09/08/09 10:46 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
Once again I don't recomend this, it will void your warranty.

Frank,

Thanks for the photos not for me - it looks like a hammer and chisel job to me, put the drive in a caddy and modify the cables, less damage to the Audya - there's was enough damage done to the Audya at KETRON

Hands don't look they have seen much hard work - but I bet they can knock out a nice tune or two!

Regards
Tony

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 09-08-2009).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#270667 - 09/08/09 10:57 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I thought about that, but I was wanted it to be sealed again if needed.

Also without actually doing any kind of testing, I wasn't sure if I modified or got a longer cable would I be changing any kind of time transfer data, which I'm sure I wouldn't, but just wanted to be sure.

And yes, I have missed my calling to be a hand model.

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#270668 - 09/08/09 11:22 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
I thought about that, but I was wanted it to be sealed again if needed.

And yes, I have missed my calling to be a hand model.

Steady on Frank this is a family show!!!

#270669 - 09/08/09 12:23 PM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
But you must understand that Ketron Labs is not Yamaha , ketron are 1000 x smaller than yamaha.

The trouble with this statement is that Ketron are MORE expensive than Yamaha. If I am going to get 1000X smaller response, I'd like to get it with 1000X smaller price, too

I'd like to point out that, although it is a pain to use USB1 when you have to deal with audio files, when it comes to HD backup, there's nothing to stop you from doing it overnight. it's not exactly something you are going to do every day. I doubt many HD users here at SZ back up even every WEEK Month? Maybe...

So, you hook up your arranger to the laptop or PC before you go to bed, hit 'Go', and wake up with the job done. What's the big deal?

Until OS3 comes out, and you have user audio loops, and the sampler up and running properly, all you need to backup are MIDI files and style files. Small fry...

Page 4 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 19 20 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online