SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 19 20 >
Topic Options
#270640 - 09/06/09 02:14 PM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
Anybody wants to know about issues or problems with the Audya, please give me a call.

I'll answer any and all questions

This link is faulty too!

If you know what the faults are just post them here!

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 09-06-2009).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#270641 - 09/06/09 02:52 PM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Beakybird Offline

Now I feel bad for slamming a brand that Frank sells. Frank is selling me 2 PSR-S910's when they come out.

That incident with the X1 took place 9 years ago.

One good thing about the X1 where Yamaha still hasn't caught up were the drum sounds. I hope Ketron gets their customer service act together - and their OS too.

Beakybird

#270642 - 09/06/09 03:22 PM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Here's the link. The other had the phone number attached. www.AudioworksCT.com
DonM

#270643 - 09/06/09 05:05 PM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I'm a dealer in California for Ketron, Yamaha, Korg, Roland and Casio Arrangers.
One of my problems with all the X series of products was that when you unscrewed all the screws necessary to open the keyboard, if you aren't careful putting back the screws, the plastic would crack where the screws are going into. I always wished they would use metal inserts in the posts but they never changed this. So if a repair shop isn't careful the screws would be left in the wholes without actually going into anything more then a loose piece of plastic and many times I would see keyboards with several missing screws. The good news is that there are so many screws that you might not miss any of the ones which fell out!
In the past I have had more customers with Solton and Ketron products experiencing problems, more so then the other product brands, but not since the SD5 has come out. I think Ketron has learned a lot from past issues and as all good companies do, they learn and make corrections. There used to be a lot of loose connections and circuit boards that would come loose but I'm pretty sure these problems have been corrected over the years.
It is amazing to me that the shop I use for repairs has a sign on their wall that says " all repairs done on Ketron products have no warranty". I've never seen this at any shop before. They only have this posted for Ketron and Generalmusic products. This tells me they must have issues with customers after the repairs have been made or else this sign wouldn't be posted.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

#270644 - 09/06/09 06:28 PM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Beakybird,

You can say anything you want, don't worry. I always tell my customers the truth on any product I sell.

As for the Audya, I have asked a couple of times to be a beta tester for Audya OS releases.

I have even modified my Audya to make it hot swappable hard drive.

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#270645 - 09/06/09 10:20 PM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Beakybird,

I have even modified my Audya to make it hot swappable hard drive.

Frank why have you done this

Regards
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#270646 - 09/07/09 02:40 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Anybody wants to know about issues or problems with the Audya, please give me a call. I'll answer any and all questions

I suggest you answer them here. On the record, as it were.

#270647 - 09/07/09 06:02 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I realized which many of us here have, that the transfer speeds using USB connection is fine for a couple of midi files and a few mp3s. But I have thousands of midi files, and a full DJ sets.

So with this modification, I can accomplish 2 things, not only am I able to direct connect to the hard drive and load the drive 10 times faster with anything I like, I can also make a back-up drive that at anytime can be swapped in case of any type of hard drive failure, which is sure to happen eventually to any drive, and especially to one that will be used so much.

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#270648 - 09/07/09 07:11 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
leezone Offline

frankie,

can you post a pic of your "modification"

sounds like a great idea to me (being able to quickly swap drive $ transfer files

they really need to make that usb 2.0
1.1 doesn't cut it...

#270649 - 09/07/09 07:43 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
frankie,

can you post a pic of your "modification"

sounds like a great idea to me (being able to quickly swap drive $ transfer files

they really need to make that usb 2.0
1.1 doesn't cut it...

I think that will never happen as it would require a hardware update (Probably the motherboard as i suppose the USB chipset will be onthere)

Audya will be stuck with 1.1

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 19 20 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online