SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 19 20 >
Topic Options
#270630 - 09/05/09 01:15 PM What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

Hi all,

Drumremix has removed all the pages he put on KETRON for the OS3, was there ever a OS3 in the planning, it's a big jump from 2.0C to 3.. AJ has never posted a thread or answered one for some time, I know most people don't look at the KETRON site, but does anyone know what is going on, if you look on YOUTUBE there are only a few more addition using Audya the KETRON flagship, or TITANIC.

I have a direct email address for someone in KETRON Italy and he has stopped answering my email
complaints, perhaps there is a OS3 cure all the problems in one go, AH AH AH AH.
just around the corner???

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 09-05-2009).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#270631 - 09/05/09 01:52 PM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I can't answer for Ketron, but in Italy, The country practically shuts down for August. So you should start hearing from them soon.

I hope

#270632 - 09/05/09 02:45 PM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Bachus Offline

Audya is still under development, in a year or more it must be a great sounding arranger.

But for now ....

Tough i remember PA2x and G70 release and many people not being happy at all with their new tools.

The only one that seems being able to build a system thats reliable on release day is Yamaha. But then T3 is still where T2 was 3 years ago, and people seem to get bored with those yamahaha's very fast...

I am sure that when OS 3.0 for Audya releases it will be a major step forward. Sadly i think that Ketron needs atleast one or 2 more versions to have the product where it should have been at release.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#270633 - 09/05/09 07:01 PM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Ketron Italy takes most of August off. OS Version 3.0 is for real, as I have a beta copy of it, but I cannot share it.
I should have another Audya is about a week. I'm told the latest shipment left there by ship a few days ago.
DonM

#270634 - 09/05/09 09:59 PM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Ketron Italy takes most of August off. OS Version 3.0 is for real, as I have a beta copy of it, but I cannot share it.
I should have another Audya is about a week. I'm told the latest shipment left there by ship a few days ago.
DonM

Don,

If you have a beta of 3.0 is there much difference and have KETRON sorted all the problems out, any ideas when 3.0 will be in the public domain, do you think it's worth hanging on to my KB until 3.0 is available, I think people are hanging back buying Audya for this reason, what the hell do the Italians do for a month in Aug, isn't just as hot in the states in August, I’d take some work home if the company had problems. Why do you think Drumremix took the 8 displays off the Ketron SZ all a bit cloak and dagger to me. I wish Ferrari made arrangers. Incidentally I have loaned my Audya to a friend who has found all the problems I have, when I got it back I have started to press the screen on the Audya to open the menus got use to the Pa2x screen already only had it a week, must be the old brain!!

Regards

Regards
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#270635 - 09/05/09 11:48 PM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
'Have they sorted out all the problems?'...

What problems? We don't get too many actual owners here willing to discuss what might not be working too well, at the moment.

Anyone thinking of getting one of these would probably be VERY interested in your unvarnished experience...

#270636 - 09/06/09 12:06 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
My Audya had a problem with the soundboard. It started emitting a loud squeal under all conditions.
I installed 3.0, which I got from AJ, in an attempt to see if that would fix it, but it obviously was a hardware problem.
Since the new OS didn't fix the problem, I didn't spend any more time with it until I got the replacement. I elected to wait for the new shipment of keyboards to arrive from Italy.
I didn't get a chance to see much of what 3.0 addressed. It did have new styles loaded and from what I could tell, allowed the use of dim and aug chords with the audio guitars. It was hard to hear over the squeal.
This was the second Audya I received that was damaged. Both were shipped via UPS and both had holes in the side of the carton.
I took pictures of both boxes. On the second one you could actually see the music rack showing through the hole.
I don't know if this caused the problem, but I wouldn't ship a ball bearing by UPS.
DonM

#270637 - 09/06/09 12:29 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
It did have new styles loaded and from what I could tell, allowed the use of dim and aug chords with the audio guitars.

Unless the new OS came with hundreds of MB of new sound ROM to add to the HD (at least 2/3rd of what is already there, being maj, min and 7th), I don't think you are actually getting dim and aug from the audio guitars (in fact, it was reported that the guitar loops are ROM, not RAM loops - that's still just drums, AFAIK), but there's a possibility that they might have tweaked the MIDI guitars to be a better match, volume and timbre-wise, to the audio loops they go with. A definite positive, anyway...

I can't see Ketron adding this ability without trumpeting it wildly...

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 09-06-2009).]

#270638 - 09/06/09 04:23 AM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
Beakybird Offline

I remember when I briefly owned the Solton X1. It was used, but under warranty. I had to ship it back three times. It was ridiculous. On the second time, when I took the keyboard out of the box, a couple of loose screws came out with it. The third time, they said they were sending me a brand new refurbished keyboard. It played perfectly, but had a gargantuan scratch on it. They said, "Take it or leave it. That's the best you're going to get when you bought the keyboard used in the first place."

I'll stick with Yamaha, but I admire folks who dance around with different models.

Beakybird

#270639 - 09/06/09 12:13 PM Re: What's going on with Ketron & Audya
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Anybody wants to know about issues or problems with the Audya, please give me a call.

I'll answer any and all questions

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 19 20 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online