Topic Options
#269545 - 08/19/09 12:08 AM Florian is at it again
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK

#269546 - 08/19/09 12:52 AM Re: Florian is at it again
Anonymous
Unregistered

He is an amazing talent.

Had he been born a generation earlier, I've no doubt he would have been a massive recording star. He always reminds me of a young Wunderlich. Pity there's no longer any real international market for music such as his.

If Wersi had any sense, they'd have given him a brand new top-of-the-line OAS organ by now and be kissing his ass to sign a contract with them. He's already in a different class to the likes of Franz Lambert, Claudia Hirschfeld and Brett Wales. Imagine what he's going to be like with a few more years experience.

Let's just hope he doesn't go the way of Mark Shakespeare, the last great organ wunderkind.

#269547 - 08/19/09 06:31 AM Re: Florian is at it again
Dnj Offline

Love his style & technique but the continual sound of that organ makes me think "ALL SKATE" at the roller rink.

#269548 - 08/19/09 10:19 AM Re: Florian is at it again
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I have a feeling that Wersi owners like them so much because they DON'T sound realistic in the drums! It's probably the last thing they want (too used to them sounding like seventies beat boxes, I guess)...

But can anyone honestly tell me those drums didn't sound like something you played in the seventies?

#269549 - 08/19/09 10:45 AM Re: Florian is at it again
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
The Organ he is playing is from the middle 80s, and Digital drum samples on organs were still in there infancy. (Some organ manufactures were still using 8 bit samples at that time)

#269550 - 08/19/09 11:46 AM Re: Florian is at it again
Thilo Offline

Loc: Germany
Hi,

yes, Florian is simply great. I´ve talked yesterday evening a little bit, he had a lot to do with school, driving licence and so on but now he had the time for this new masterpiece "Asturias"

Thilo.

http://www.youtube.com/ThiloDA
------------------------------

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online