SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#269274 - 08/16/09 01:52 AM Re: OT -- Should I go to a Mac?
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Ask yourself this...If Macs were so good why are they the vast [b]MINORITY in the computer world?....there is a reason for this......buyer beware. [/B]

With all due respect to you i dont think you know what you talking about...i am sorry.

#269275 - 08/16/09 02:05 AM Re: OT -- Should I go to a Mac?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Ask yourself this...If Macs were so good why are they the vast [b]MINORITY in the computer world?....there is a reason for this......buyer beware. [/B]

No doubt you will avoid buying a Mercedes-Benz for the same reason?

#269276 - 08/16/09 04:04 AM Re: OT -- Should I go to a Mac?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
With all due respect to you i dont think you know what you talking about...i am sorry.

Millions of people around the world can't be wrong .....no thanx I'll stick with my PC.

#269277 - 08/16/09 04:58 AM Re: OT -- Should I go to a Mac?
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
I worked for IBM for 30 years...I saw the very best, most stable OS for a PC come & go ....why.
Developers of applications DID NOT support the OS/2 platform, like they did windows.

OS/2 was rock solid, while 'windoz' was a nice graphics front end but had lots of lockup and performance issues...the kernal was not so good.

Why are the developers of ALL applications not supporting Mac? More have supported it now than before, so that's good.

The Mac comes from primarily an academic backgroud...always strong in education institutions. Strong in graphics processing speed and used a lot in graphic arts & music.

But not much in the business world.

The only real issue I have these days with winows is the fact that you must have anti-spywear and antivirus software because a bunch of real dickheads that shuld be hung on friday noon public hangings are just not punished. Just like a lot of other criminals in this country.

I even wander if the companies selling the antivirus stuff don't pay people to create the virus's??? Betcha they do.

So, just add $40/year for protecton from those jackass's.

Bottem line is..if you already are a PC guy, then why change..it works..and the earning curve is steep.

That's why apple is in the schools, back when I sold commerical systems including PC's for industry, apple was almost giving them away so kids would be familiar with apple. Then the hope was when they grew up they would buy one!

Kind of worked, but not as the hoped.

If I didn't have a computer at all (not many in that category) and all I did is internet, photoshop & music...I'd probably get a Mac

Lee S.

#269278 - 08/16/09 05:35 AM Re: OT -- Should I go to a Mac?
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
I use .doc and .xls files a lot, sharing with others. I use Open Office on PC and it works fine. On the mac, it is not working very well. It has some bugs. Bro wants me to install the mac versions. Are these files convertible to .doc and .xls, no problems?

I don't want to have to buy software. The mac is expensive enough. PC has much free software.

#269280 - 08/16/09 08:34 AM Re: OT -- Should I go to a Mac?
Musicman22 Offline

Loc: Boynton Beach, Fl.
I switched from a PC to an iMac over three years ago.
It's the best thing I did in regard to a computer.
No more reformatting my hard drive, no viruses, no third party problems with soft ware etc.
Like Diki, I have not had an anti virus program and don't seem to need one.
I'll never go back to a PC on a permanent basis.
You do really get what you pay for.

#269281 - 08/16/09 08:35 AM Re: OT -- Should I go to a Mac?
Musicman22 Offline

Loc: Boynton Beach, Fl.
I switched from a PC to an iMac over three years ago.
It's the best thing I did in regard to a computer.
No more reformatting my hard drive, no viruses, no third party problems with soft ware etc.
Like Diki, I have not had an anti virus program and don't seem to need one.
I'll never go back to a PC on a permanent basis.
You do really get what you pay for.

#269282 - 08/16/09 08:44 AM Re: OT -- Should I go to a Mac?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Millions of people around the world can't be wrong .....no thanx I'll stick with my PC.

Just like Macdonalds. "Billions served". Excuse me if I choose to eat somewhere better.

#269283 - 08/16/09 09:52 AM Re: OT -- Should I go to a Mac?
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Hey Leeboy,

We have more than music in common. I taught for Cisco and was also a Novell instructor. I saw one of the best network operating systems go by the wayside too -- all for microsoft crap. Saw a lot of very experienced and well trained IT staff get laid off so the "book certified" guys could work at a cheaper rate. Later I went in as a highly overpaid consultant to clean up the mess those guys made.

Oh yea, get the MAC you won't be sorry.

dont get me started.

Hammer

#269284 - 08/16/09 10:34 AM Re: OT -- Should I go to a Mac?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:

Millions of people around the world all hate the USA. Are THEY all wrong? That's the trouble with a specious argument like that...

You can get millions of stupid people to do ANYTHING. Doesn't mean it is right...

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online