SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#269263 - 08/15/09 09:22 AM Re: OT -- Should I go to a Mac?
Dnj Offline

That's Funny I have never had a problem using a PC...it's plentiful programs & availability is what I love the best.

#269264 - 08/15/09 09:33 AM Re: OT -- Should I go to a Mac?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Well, your experience is hardly what I'd call typical, for the average PC user. There's a REASON there's a Geek Squad in every Best Buy in America, there's a REASON that PC computer support businesses FAR outstrip the percentage difference between Mac and PC users.

Mac share of the PC market dropped from close to 10% down to 8% in January of this year. This means there ought to be one Mac IT and tech support business for every ten to twelve PC support techs. The figures are closer to over one hundred to one (or more). That says a lot, in my iBook...

#269265 - 08/15/09 09:41 AM Re: OT -- Should I go to a Mac?
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Nick.....My Next computer WILL be a NEW MAC, many people I know just love them and wouldn't think of a PC again......
Im done with PC after this one also.
Vista = problems....that's all Ive heard from people who have it regarding compatibility with some many programs and more.

How short some people's memory gets!

#269267 - 08/15/09 11:00 AM Re: OT -- Should I go to a Mac?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
How short some people's memory gets!

No....how smart one can be after some intense research...btw a few of those friends also dumped their Macs and returned to PC normalcy....I'm glad I didn't get sucked in also. VIVA PC!!

#269268 - 08/15/09 11:11 AM Re: OT -- Should I go to a Mac?
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
btw a few of those friends also dumped their Macs and returned to PC normalcy

It's called Stockholm syndrome... The ability to fall in love with a terrorist that kidnaps you and holds you to ransom, even forsaking the normal people once you escape..!

Seriously, though, once you have invested that much time in learning all of Windows quirks and foibles, and have familiarized yourself with the available software, it is hard to let go and learn an entirely new system, no matter HOW many advantages there are. Better the devil you know, I guess. How many arrangers did you go through before you returned to the familiarity of your S900? Despite all the flaws you complained about (while you were trying out the others )...

Thing is, love Windows THAT much? Run it on an Intel Mac. Then, when it BSOD's on you, reboot in OSX and get your work DONE...

#269269 - 08/15/09 12:08 PM Re: OT -- Should I go to a Mac?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Because most computer users are cheap bastards with insufficient knowledge about computers to know what a PITA they are going to be, buy the cheapest thing they can, and then get stuck on it because they don't have enough knowledge or sense to migrate to the better platform.

HEY, DIKI !!! ... I AM not a BASTARD !!! ... My parents were a loving couple who shared a long happily married life ...l

The REST of your post might apply though ... ...

Seriously, I have been a VERY happy DELL user for about 10 years ...

t.

#269270 - 08/15/09 12:10 PM Re: OT -- Should I go to a Mac?
Dnj Offline

The S900 for now is the best arranger for me to tolerate workarounds for my needs...it ain't perfect by any means. It sounds terrific...But "FOR NOW" compared to anything else out there I'll sacrifice and make music the best I can with it until the day comes when somthing can replace it and do a better job & make me happy..

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 08-15-2009).]

#269271 - 08/15/09 12:58 PM Re: OT -- Should I go to a Mac?
Diki Offline

Then you might consider your choice of computer platform along the same lines, Donny...

Although, in fact, you haven't actually TRIED using a Mac for any length of time, whereas your opinion about arrangers at least comes from experience.

Try 'em, before you knock 'em...

#269272 - 08/15/09 07:45 PM Re: OT -- Should I go to a Mac?
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
If all I did was Internet, Music and Photoshop...I would switch to Mac. But lots of the things I do personal and my company Industrial applications)..I need a PC and a good one at that.

Some of the code I write has some time citical aspect and uses lots of serial port activity's as well. I must test my code on the same type system as my customer is goingto be using.

One of my good friends only does photoshop and the internet...he switched to Mac and found the learning curve rather large...but he likes it for what he does. He spent big money to change. I tried to help him with a couple things and..well I sure felt lost.

So, like anything..arrangers, comuters etc depending on how you want to use it and personal preference there is no one perfect approach.

Lee S.

#269273 - 08/16/09 01:45 AM Re: OT -- Should I go to a Mac?
Diki Offline

The thing is, come to a Mac first, you only have an easy learning curve. Come from Windows, and first you have an 'unlearning' curve, then a learning curve. Makes it twice as hard...

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online