SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#269139 - 08/12/09 04:02 PM Which Arranger?
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Ok, if you made a change would you buy the Korg PA2X Pro, The Korg PA 800, or the Roland E80 and why.

Hammer

#269140 - 08/12/09 04:47 PM Re: Which Arranger?
mc Offline

Loc: New York
neither of them, I would just keep what I have if those were my only choices.

#269141 - 08/12/09 04:56 PM Re: Which Arranger?
Dnj Offline

None ......

just wait for what's coming down the pike!

#269142 - 08/12/09 07:31 PM Re: Which Arranger?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Ok, if you made a change would you buy the Korg PA2X Pro, The Korg PA 800, or the Roland E80 and why.

Hammer

If you made the change from WHAT?

#269143 - 08/12/09 07:46 PM Re: Which Arranger?
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
What I am trying to do here is get folks talking about what Arranger they would buy if they needed to replace what they currently play - not the same one though. We all have our favorites and many of us have owned several. So hopefully without bashing on others opinions - what would you buy if you could not play your current favorite arranger?

Hammer

Hammer

#269144 - 08/12/09 07:56 PM Re: Which Arranger?
Diki Offline

Well, that list is pretty incomplete if you are simply asking what we would use if we could NOT use our current arranger. Where's the Audya, the Yamaha's, the Wersi's, etc.?

It IS a tough question. One I answered for myself this week, in a way. Were my G70 to die, I have bought a backup G70! Were none available at any cost, that would be a devastating day. I need a 76, so there goes the Yamaha's. I need easy editing and customization, there goes the Audya and SD-1. I need an easy to use OS and plenty of fills (and a better piano and B3) so there goes the Korg's.

I just don't know... And I have a sneaky feeling that many would agree with me. If we COULD happily play something else in comparison to what we own, we would already be likely playing it!

#269145 - 08/13/09 01:32 AM Re: Which Arranger?
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
I think the question should be worded as What Arranger would you use if your own arranger failed, could NOT be fixed and NO replacements were available anywhere?

As Diki said, it would be devastating to have to change, but with no other option there would be no other choice, so here are my 2nd and 3rd choices.

2nd
CME Midi Controller, PC/Laptop, Livestyler Software, Ketron SD2 Hardware Module and various VSTi

3rd
If forced to have a Hardware Arranger then it would be the Korg PA2x, as it gives the closest in sound quality and flexibility (As far as hardware can be) to my current Wersi Abacus.

Hopefully this will bring the post back on track and get users thinking

Bill

[This message has been edited by abacus (edited 08-13-2009).]

#269146 - 08/13/09 02:15 AM Re: Which Arranger?
Diki Offline

To be honest, I'm not sure I WOULD get another arranger. I'm certainly not in love with any of the new crop, but keyboards like the Nord Stage, MoXS7 and M3 might do the job... No, they're not arrangers. But they can get close, with work.

But OK, let's say you send me off to a desert island and I HAVE to take an arranger (except the G70)... Right now, I suppose it would have to be the PA2Xpro, as it is the only arranger with a 76, decent styles and sounds, and a nice sampler for when I get bored of its' sounds. Oh, and it's not still in beta Fix everything wrong with the Audya, that might be a good one, but the question was about NOW.

#269147 - 08/13/09 02:21 AM Re: Which Arranger?
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
To be honest, I'm not sure I WOULD get another arranger. I'm certainly not in love with any of the new crop, but keyboards like the Nord Stage, MoXS7 and M3 might do the job... No, they're not arrangers. But they can get close, with work.

But OK, let's say you send me off to a desert island and I HAVE to take an arranger (except the G70)... Right now, I suppose it would have to be the PA2Xpro, as it is the only arranger with a 76, decent styles and sounds, and a nice sampler for when I get bored of its' sounds. Oh, and it's not still in beta Fix everything wrong with the Audya, that might be a good one, but the question was about NOW.

If you could only find that darn outlet.

[This message has been edited by Taike (edited 08-13-2009).]

#269148 - 08/13/09 02:44 AM Re: Which Arranger?
Diki Offline

You never saw Gilligan's Island? They had everything, and Ginger never ran out of clothes... (damn!)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online