SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#268323 - 07/30/09 05:52 PM Re: name all the best arrangers with 88 hammer-action keys,old or new
Stephenm52 Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 04/13/05
Posts: 4426
Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by lukitoh:
I would like to try that since I have a PSR3000(bad keyfeel) and a nice casio previa with much nicer keybed.

What hardware do I need and how do I setup the keyboard ?


Lukitoh a few years ago I used a Casio Privia Px410r midied to my PSr 3000. It worked well all you need is a midi cable connecting the out of the Privia to the in of the PSR3000. Unfortunately, I don't recall what I had to do in the midi set up of the 3000 and the Privia to get it to communicate. One thing it was really not difficult to set up, it was just a few midi settings. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Top
#268324 - 07/30/09 06:08 PM Re: name all the best arrangers with 88 hammer-action keys,old or new
FransN Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 05/16/09
Posts: 1193
Loc: Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by arranger_yes_pc_no:
the Korg PA588 looks exactly what I'd like to get. Too bad that I can't even afford a new one.

Diki,you've read my mind....I too thought to buy a 2 tier stand and to place a good arranger on top with a good keyboard on the bottom. Nowadays a CASIO dpc 100 (or something like that) that seems it weights only 12 kilos. May be a misprint.

The Yamaha S900 seems a good candidate too...maybe a PSR 3000 would do as well. The idea of having 2 keyboards seems really the most financially effective idea....

these forums are the best


Hi,

Forget the yamaha's. Buy a new korg pa50 for only 569 Euro and a M-Audio ProKeys Sono 88 for 319 Euro and you have a great set for 888 Euro that's 1,251.10 dollar.

Frans

[This message has been edited by FransN (edited 07-30-2009).]

Top
#268325 - 07/31/09 07:14 AM Re: name all the best arrangers with 88 hammer-action keys,old or new
arranger_yes_pc_no Offline
Member

Registered: 07/16/09
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally posted by CoasterTim:
Did you know that Korg is offering a $400 rebate on the 588 right now? That would bring the price down to around $1800 or so.
It's a very unusual keyboard with a killer piano voice and over 800 other great sounds...plus it's an arranger!

Tim


hi Tim,that seems a very good offer,shame that I am in the UK.....I don't think the offer is available here,and of course it would not make sense to buy the keyboard from the States as I would get killer by shipping costs and import taxes....

Beside the great key feel of the PA588, how does the PA588 fares against the PA800 ,in terms of arranger features and sounds? Thanks

Top
#268326 - 07/31/09 07:20 AM Re: name all the best arrangers with 88 hammer-action keys,old or new
arranger_yes_pc_no Offline
Member

Registered: 07/16/09
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally posted by lukitoh:
I would like to try that since I have a PSR3000(bad keyfeel) and a nice casio previa with much nicer keybed.

What hardware do I need and how do I setup the keyboard ?


I don't know exactly as I don't have a Yamaha PSR yet (I'll get one soon or later from ebay) but I am pretty sure it's easy....as the other poster said,you only need the two keyboards,a midi cable and a good two tier stand. I think one keyboard should be set as 'master' and the other as 'slave',so you can control the PSR from the Casio.

The interesting feature of the casio cdp 100 is that while being an hammer-action keyboard,it seems to only weight 11 kg,which is weird. May be a misprint?

A good stand that can take a lot of weight,seems to be a Quik-Lok QLX-22

Top
#268327 - 07/31/09 07:27 AM Re: name all the best arrangers with 88 hammer-action keys,old or new
arranger_yes_pc_no Offline
Member

Registered: 07/16/09
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally posted by FransN:
Hi,

Forget the yamaha's. Buy a new korg pa50 for only 569 Euro and a M-Audio ProKeys Sono 88 for 319 Euro and you have a great set for 888 Euro that's 1,251.10 dollar.

Frans

[This message has been edited by FransN (edited 07-30-2009).]


hi Frans,thanks ,the PA50 seems a keyboard with good features but the screen really puts me off....it's that sort of monochrome cheap stuff that is found on very cheap keyboards. But as value for money,it seems better than others in the same price range like the Yamaha PSR-S500, which doesn't even have an editable sequencer



[This message has been edited by arranger_yes_pc_no (edited 07-31-2009).]

Top
#268328 - 07/31/09 07:50 AM Re: name all the best arrangers with 88 hammer-action keys,old or new
FransN Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 05/16/09
Posts: 1193
Loc: Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by arranger_yes_pc_no:
hi Frans,thanks ,the PA50 seems a keyboard with good features but the screen really puts me off....it's that sort of monochrome cheap stuff that is found on very cheap keyboards. But as value for money,it seems better than others in the same price range like the Yamaha PSR-S500, which doesn't even have an editable sequencer

[This message has been edited by arranger_yes_pc_no (edited 07-31-2009).]


The most important is the sound and styles not the screen I think. Soundwise the pa50 beats everything in this price tag. It makes even the Yamaha psr 3000 sounds like a toy.

[This message has been edited by FransN (edited 07-31-2009).]

Top
#268329 - 07/31/09 08:00 AM Re: name all the best arrangers with 88 hammer-action keys,old or new
ianmcnll Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 07/27/05
Posts: 10581
Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by FransN:
The most important is the sound and styles not the screen I think.


Does the PA-50 have the equivalent of Yamaha's Mega Voices, as featured on the PSR-3000, and the S900?

Mega voices make a BIG difference in the realism of the styles, which are the heart and soul of any arranger.

Ian
_________________________
Yamaha Tyros4, Yamaha MS-60S Powered Monitors(2), Yamaha CS-01, Yamaha TQ-5, Yamaha PSR-S775.

Top
#268330 - 07/31/09 08:42 AM Re: name all the best arrangers with 88 hammer-action keys,old or new
FransN Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 05/16/09
Posts: 1193
Loc: Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Does the PA-50 have the equivalent of Yamaha's Mega Voices, as featured on the PSR-3000, and the S900?

Mega voices make a BIG difference in the realism of the styles, which are the heart and soul of any arranger.

Ian


Mega voices or not the korgs sounds like a synthesizer and that is what I want and like.

Top
#268331 - 07/31/09 08:53 AM Re: name all the best arrangers with 88 hammer-action keys,old or new
Beakybird Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 01/27/01
Posts: 2154
I like Diki's idea of using a PSR-S900 with an 88 key controller. To get the S900's display closer in view, you can saw off its keys .

Beakybird

Top
#268332 - 07/31/09 09:01 AM Re: name all the best arrangers with 88 hammer-action keys,old or new
FransN Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 05/16/09
Posts: 1193
Loc: Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Beakybird:
I like Diki's idea of using a PSR-S900 with an 88 key controller. To get the S900's display closer in view, you can saw off its keys .

Beakybird


Why not a Ketron SD3 plus a 88 key controller. No sawing necessary

Top
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 



Help keep Synth Zone Online