SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#267785 - 07/18/09 10:40 AM HELP TO BUY A SYSTEM FOR CHURCH GATHERING
Shiju Offline

Loc: Atlanta, USA
HI , I NEED HELP TO BUY A SYSTEM FOR INDOOR PREACHING AND WORSHIP PURPOSES IN CHURCH WHERE AVERAGE GATHERING IS ABOUT 100 PEOPLE. I WAS THINKING TO BUY A POWERED MIXER AND SPEAKERS BUT IF THERE IS ANY OTHER GOOD SUGGESTION PLEASE ADVICE.WHICH SPEAKERS AND MICROPHONES ARE THE BEST AND MY BUDGET IS AROUND $2000.
IS THERE ANY SYSTEM WHICH CAN BE USED GLOBALLY AS I WILL BE TRAVELLING SO THE POWER MIXER/SPEAKERS CAN WORK 110/220V .

#267786 - 07/18/09 03:46 PM Re: HELP TO BUY A SYSTEM FOR CHURCH GATHERING
--Mac Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia, USA
Bose Compact L-1

If you need more than one mic and one line input, also pick up a mixer such as one of the Beringer mixers at low cost and fairly good bang per buck.

The Bose Compact L-1 is spot on for what you need, easy to pack and carry, easy to use, does not need monitors at all, can handle the crowd size easily. Price is right at $999.00 US for the Bose. Add another 50 to 100 for that mixer and then the cost of mics and you are good to go praise and worship!

And you will enjoy world class sound without having to learn how to be an acoustics and electronics engineer.

--Mac
"Keep listening. Never become so self-important that you can't listen to other players. Live cleanly....Do right....You can improve as a player by improving as a person. It's a duty we owe to ourselves." --John Coltrane

"You don't know what you like, you like what you know. In order to know what you like, you have to know everything." --Branford Marsalis

#267787 - 07/18/09 05:00 PM Re: HELP TO BUY A SYSTEM FOR CHURCH GATHERING
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
We tried out a Bose system in our 700 seat church. It was amazingly clear. The only reason we went with EV Evid-6 system was that we have alcoves that cut down on the Bose coverage. The Compact or the L1 would be great for speech and light music. If you have a band or large ensemble, then maybe something more traditional like a Mackie 808s system might work.

adding text here -

I think that a Compact would be sufficient for your congragation, and certainly an L1 system would cover any overload or larger outdoor crowd. Again, depending on what and how many inputs you need, a good mixer would also be advisable.

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 07-19-2009).]

#267788 - 07/19/09 08:05 AM Re: HELP TO BUY A SYSTEM FOR CHURCH GATHERING
--Mac Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia, USA
Quote:
...IN CHURCH WHERE AVERAGE GATHERING IS ABOUT 100 PEOPLE. ...

That is exactly the size crowd that the Bose L-1 Compact system is designed to handle.

Don't know how the comment about 700 applies here at all. ?

--Mac
"Keep listening. Never become so self-important that you can't listen to other players. Live cleanly....Do right....You can improve as a player by improving as a person. It's a duty we owe to ourselves." --John Coltrane

"You don't know what you like, you like what you know. In order to know what you like, you have to know everything." --Branford Marsalis

#267789 - 07/19/09 10:19 AM Re: HELP TO BUY A SYSTEM FOR CHURCH GATHERING
cassp Offline

The remark applies to the fact that A Bose system can sound fantastic in a larger church.

#267790 - 07/19/09 11:23 AM Re: HELP TO BUY A SYSTEM FOR CHURCH GATHERING
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by --Mac:
Bose Compact L-1

If you need more than one mic and one line input, also pick up a mixer such as one of the Beringer mixers at low cost and fairly good bang per buck.

The Bose Compact L-1 is spot on for what you need, easy to pack and carry, easy to use, does not need monitors at all, can handle the crowd size easily. Price is right at $999.00 US for the Bose. Add another 50 to 100 for that mixer and then the cost of mics and you are good to go praise and worship!

And you will enjoy world class sound without having to learn how to be an acoustics and electronics engineer.

--Mac

Spend overpriced list price money for a Bose...and then buy a "low cost" mixer...Something is wrong with this picture..

#267791 - 07/19/09 02:18 PM Re: HELP TO BUY A SYSTEM FOR CHURCH GATHERING
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I am still astounded at the passivity that Bose users show to the fact that they HAVE to either spend a LOT of money for the Tonematch add-on, or buy a totally separate mixer, simply to add BASIC necessities like reverb, RCA line in capabilities (for iPod's, CD players, etc.), system EQ that is easy to understand, etc..

Were those missing on other gear, they would probably be the first to deride it's lack. But the Bose gets a pass.

How come?

#267792 - 07/19/09 07:09 PM Re: HELP TO BUY A SYSTEM FOR CHURCH GATHERING
cassp Offline

You are right, Diki. I use two Roland CM-30 Cube Monitors at 1/2 level and can be easily heard thru a crowd of 100. Each CM-30 has 3 channels and an EQ, plent ins and outs for just about anything. The only thing missing are FX, which is easily solved.
http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.php?ProductId=663

The cost is about 20% of a Compact system and there are no complaints of dead spots or bad EQ. My wife will sometimes carry them into a venue if she is around - no complaints about weight either.

I guess I was taking --Mac's lead and going from there - my bad. I might also suggest a pair of EV SX80 speakers and a decent powered mixer with effects - way less than $2000.

#267793 - 07/21/09 06:02 AM Re: HELP TO BUY A SYSTEM FOR CHURCH GATHERING
Shiju Offline

How about Mackie Powered Speakers?

#267794 - 07/21/09 12:56 PM Re: HELP TO BUY A SYSTEM FOR CHURCH GATHERING
Shiju Offline

how about a powered mixer and good speakers,speakers big but small in size like bose to go with the powered mixer,if its good then what power mixer is good

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online