SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#267459 - 07/10/09 08:53 AM VIMA - the idea continues... refuses to die
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I'll stand by my original prediction from about three years ago - this is the future of OMBs.
http://www.bonnersmusic.co.uk/buy/Roland/VIMA_RK-100_Keyboard

#267460 - 07/10/09 09:48 AM Re: VIMA - the idea continues... refuses to die
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
You may be right, Cassp...I'll bet a few of those features wind up on the next TOTL arranger.

It doesn't mention styles at all, so I suppose it's technically not an arranger...unless we stretch the definition and consider the song function and center cancel, some sort of variation of playing with an SMF or background.

#267461 - 07/10/09 10:46 AM Re: VIMA - the idea continues... refuses to die
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
It doesn't mention styles at all, so I suppose it's technically not an arranger...unless we stretch the definition and consider the song function and center cancel, some sort of variation of playing with an SMF or background.

No, that definition is a karaoke machine

This thing is an utter boondoggle. How many of us want to hook up a TV for an audio visual presentation, while we sing karaoke over an SMF or center canceled CD? OK maybe a few... but even THEY like to play styles from time to time.

GW-8 can do all this can and MUCH more, with the exception of the A/V stuff... This VIMA strikes me as a way to milk money from people with absolutely NO playing skills whatsoever. Because, of course, once the get it, they are going to be hooked on the VERY expensive 'play along' CD's.

Deedling the gullible. For shame, Roland... Shouldn't you be working on a worthy successor to the G70?

#267462 - 07/10/09 11:02 AM Re: VIMA - the idea continues... refuses to die
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
What I love is in the description there's a bold header that says:

"No Experience Required" Shoot.., that'll mislead some people into thinkin we're all just a bunch of fakers.., one fingerin everything
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online