VIMA - the idea continues... refuses to die

Posted by: cassp

VIMA - the idea continues... refuses to die - 07/10/09 08:53 AM

I'll stand by my original prediction from about three years ago - this is the future of OMBs.
http://www.bonnersmusic.co.uk/buy/Roland/VIMA_RK-100_Keyboard
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: VIMA - the idea continues... refuses to die - 07/10/09 09:48 AM

You may be right, Cassp...I'll bet a few of those features wind up on the next TOTL arranger.

It doesn't mention styles at all, so I suppose it's technically not an arranger...unless we stretch the definition and consider the song function and center cancel, some sort of variation of playing with an SMF or background.
Posted by: Diki

Re: VIMA - the idea continues... refuses to die - 07/10/09 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
It doesn't mention styles at all, so I suppose it's technically not an arranger...unless we stretch the definition and consider the song function and center cancel, some sort of variation of playing with an SMF or background.

No, that definition is a karaoke machine

This thing is an utter boondoggle. How many of us want to hook up a TV for an audio visual presentation, while we sing karaoke over an SMF or center canceled CD? OK maybe a few... but even THEY like to play styles from time to time.

GW-8 can do all this can and MUCH more, with the exception of the A/V stuff... This VIMA strikes me as a way to milk money from people with absolutely NO playing skills whatsoever. Because, of course, once the get it, they are going to be hooked on the VERY expensive 'play along' CD's.

Deedling the gullible. For shame, Roland... Shouldn't you be working on a worthy successor to the G70?
Posted by: squeak_D

Re: VIMA - the idea continues... refuses to die - 07/10/09 11:02 AM

What I love is in the description there's a bold header that says:

"No Experience Required" Shoot.., that'll mislead some people into thinkin we're all just a bunch of fakers.., one fingerin everything