SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#267380 - 07/08/09 08:57 PM What do you like about SZ member (fill in the blank)?
Lucky2Bhere Offline

After the Mikey situation and the djn scandal, I thought I'd write something positive. I read this in a book on communication.

Name a member (or members) here, and write what you admire most about that person. You don't have to be great friends...you just need to recognize what you consider to be a fine quality and let the group know how you perceive them to be.

Hopefully this will offset certain recent postings and put the Forum back on somewhat of an upbeat track.

Lucky

#267381 - 07/08/09 09:05 PM Re: What do you like about SZ member (fill in the blank)?
hellboy44 Offline

Loc: Australia
Well I like how you can be positively Pro-Active in a bad situation/atmosphere Lucky!

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

#267382 - 07/08/09 10:44 PM Re: What do you like about SZ member (fill in the blank)?
mr9000 Offline

For this one, i get Diki-initis & always must come trespassing over here to witness in silent gaspings how he could be my own double poster, with many more words of course compared to my own.I became aware of it on Mediastation issues,as i sit reading about Mediastation posts,then stop to question many things about what is being said about it,then figure "must be just me",think i'll just stay silent,then along come the D-man,and spilling out everything i was myself wondering.Brutal,yet truthful & honest opinions is a rare treat i like to partaken of often.A neat unconnection type connection i come to consistantly find on an almost daily practice,and i must add, at times find myself unintentionally spraying my freshly roasted columbian brewed beans over..Oh & Don't think i am kissing your ass Diki, a chest man myself,sorry!

[This message has been edited by mr9000 (edited 07-08-2009).]

#267383 - 07/09/09 12:12 AM Re: What do you like about SZ member (fill in the blank)?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Lord, where to start?

Russ has got to be one of my heroes here, matching his skill and jazz sensibilities to an uncommon sense of ethics, charity and good humor...

Ian has my twisted sense of humor, modesty, skill, and passion (OK, I only have the modesty! ) and MUCH nicer summer weather...

Chas I miss, wish he would come back and lend a jazz organist's perspective, as well.

I could go on all night...

This IS a family here, and who amongst us has a perfect one? That we keep coming here says a LOT more about us than who is feuding with who THIS week, or what arranger is the BEST, etc.. You can't pick your relatives, and you can't pick your forum membership, but you GOTTA love 'em all, anyway, dontcha?

#267384 - 07/09/09 02:05 AM Re: What do you like about SZ member (fill in the blank)?
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I purchased a antique dinning room table with four chairs. It showed age and beauty. While I was teaching in my studio my Dad was busy working on something. He later came in and told me that he had sanded the table and now it has no more scratches and little digs.

May that never happen to this forum.

It’s every one of us that make this a place we keep coming back to. And every one includes a Donny. (DNJ) How boring it would be without a Diki this place could get sane. (grin)

John C.

#267385 - 07/09/09 06:22 AM Re: What do you like about SZ member (fill in the blank)?
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by bruno123:
How boring it would be without a Diki this place could get sane. (grin)

John C.

I know you can't teach an old dog new tricks, but can someone show John C. how to insert a smiley into a post .

Okay, I've been tempted to respond before, especially to the recent 'piling on' mentality that seemed to have developed among even some of our more reasonable and rational members, when it came to ANYTHING posted by Diki, no matter how innocuous, inoffensive, or insipid. Thank goodness none of the people I respect most ever engaged in any of this, but in fact were more often the voice of reason and mediation when the attacks became personal and obviously based on something other than the content of his post. Luckily, Diki is more than capable of defending himself.

But, back to the topic.......

I hate to rate people so I'm not going to come right out and say Capt. Russ is at the top of my list......even if (hypothetically) he was . But I think most folks on this forum (and I'm sure in his larger world) can only be in awe of his generosity, his involvement in causes that benefit people of all persuasions, the help he has given to individuals, some of whom he has never even seen (scholarships, tuition assistance, etc.). I love his appreciation of the great musicians (and music) of the past, and his vast knowledge of same. I really, really, love his energy, especially at a time when a lot of us are at least thinking about slowing down a little. I had the recent pleasure of meeting Russ and his equally nice son (the apple doesn't fall far from the tree) and I hope that many more of you get the opportunity to meet Russ....one of the good guys in our business. BTW, with his activity schedule, Russ could legitimately use a clone or two . Okay, so he's an organ player so I may be a little biased .

Diki......has all the qualities I admire most; a keen intellect along with the verbal and written skills to put it on display. Also, a fine musician with a vast knowledge of not only music but the music business as well. I have sometimes been astounded at his insights (such as recognizing my fondness for music from the "STAX RECORDS" era and how it influences some of the things I do musically. The guy really does know his stuff. Very high on my list of people I'd like to meet in person.

Ian. Ok, so he's a Yammie fanboy (Diki's words, not mine). His wit and humor is second to none (guess you'd better have one if you're going to live on an ice floe ). I wish I had his book of quotes. I was pleasantly surprised to see (hear) his formidable musical skills on display. He made even a Yamaha sound good . Another guy I'd enjoy having a beer or two with.

Nigel.....I was in management most of my working life and it's easy for me to see the management skill, judgement calls (knowing when to jump in or allow things to play themselves out), tone-setting, etc., that is required to keep a (potentially) volatile board like this viable month after month, year after year. Not many could do this job.

Okay, time to slither back to obscurity until something new needs my attention . I AM considering throwing a 'quick and dirty' "This Masquerade" up for fun. If I do, I hope Ian (the absolute master of 'tongue in cheek') is as kind to me as he was to F...whoops, sorry, the devil made me do it .

chas

#267386 - 07/09/09 06:41 AM Re: What do you like about SZ member (fill in the blank)?
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I think I'm a great guy?!?!?!?!

#267387 - 07/09/09 07:35 AM Re: What do you like about SZ member (fill in the blank)?
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Who couldn't I say a good word about? There are so many members who have answered my questions, offered help, given encouragement, even prayed for my health. This place is one of my home pages; I'm on it from early morning to late evening. I actually miss Scott Yee and now Donny Pesce and Mikey, if he chooses to leave for good. Those are three of the most recent friends I've gained.

I've become good friends with Bill Corfield (from Dayton) and Steve Molnar. I've bought keyboards from AJ, JimP and Uncle Dave and other items from Fran and Donny; and sold a number of my things to other fellow members. The list goes on.

What it boils down to is that I've really become attached to all of you. I look forward to your info, your laughs, your criticisms, your human failings. This fills a space in my life vacated by the teacher's lounge of my old school - I always love being there for whatever was going on.

I even liked John DiLeo.

#267388 - 07/09/09 08:00 AM Re: What do you like about SZ member (fill in the blank)?
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
I think I'm a great guy?!?!?!?!

You're the BEST, Just not a great guy!! One of these Fridays real soon TMads and I are coming to your store to terrorize you so watch out!!! Just make sure you have plenty for us to eat!

#267389 - 07/09/09 08:02 AM Re: What do you like about SZ member (fill in the blank)?
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
Who couldn't I say a good word about? There are so many members who have answered my questions, offered help, given encouragement, even prayed for my health. This place is one of my home pages; I'm on it from early morning to late evening. I actually miss Scott Yee and now Donny Pesce and Mikey, if he chooses to leave for good. Those are three of the most recent friends I've gained.

I've become good friends with Bill Corfield (from Dayton) and Steve Molnar. I've bought keyboards from AJ, JimP and Uncle Dave and other items from Fran and Donny; and sold a number of my things to other fellow members. The list goes on.

What it boils down to is that I've really become attached to all of you. I look forward to your info, your laughs, your criticisms, your human failings. This fills a space in my life vacated by the teacher's lounge of my old school - I always love being there for whatever was going on.

I even liked John DiLeo.

Cass Ditto. I've made more friends here in the last couple of years than I have in what I'll call the "Civilian World" (meaning non-musicians)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online