SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#267275 - 07/10/09 08:03 AM Re: It's Coming!
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Ian, if it said Yamaha on it, you would be praising it to no end.

First of all, Don, my comment was in response to Tony's needlessly insulting remark, and not aimed at you, the Audya, or the rest of this thread...but, now that you're here...

Even if it was a Yamaha we/you were discussing, until I've heard the audio guitars in action and playing the complex chords that most experienced players would use, it's still in the Beta stage, in my opinion, and that of several others on this forum, as well.

That's not an insult to the Audya...it is just something that hasn't really been demonstrated clearly enough for anyone wondering about it's performance to make an informed opinion.

I'm not going to buy one, anymore than I'm going to buy a Toyota, being a Honda man myself, but that doesn't mean I can't have any interest in something that is new or groundbreaking, which the Audya allegedly is.

So, when you have the time, why not showcase the audio guitars...maybe even get in on the E-Jam...I'd like to hear it in action, by a pro such as yourself?

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 07-10-2009).]

#267276 - 07/10/09 08:39 AM Re: It's Coming!
JR in TX Offline

Loc: Avinger, TX
Don,
Let me know when you start gigging with it. I want to come over and hear you for sure.

Glad to hear the performance over the 4th went well.

Jay R

#267277 - 07/10/09 09:54 AM Re: It's Coming!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
It's most likely gonna be a WHILE before I get it set up to my liking, but as you know, I'm not bashful about posting songs.
I've actually been VERY happy with the lowly little Roland E50.
So far I have not updated the Audya to the latest OS. I've just turned it on and played a couple of hours through headphones.
It doesn't follow the chords properly, whether audio or midi, but I understand the new OS addressed that. We'll see, but it will be at least the middle of next week before I get to it, because we're going on a little mini-vacation today through Monday.
Ian, I didn't mean to sound nasty. Didn't you see the tongue in my cheek?
DonM

#267278 - 07/10/09 10:22 AM Re: It's Coming!
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
I've actually been VERY happy with the lowly little Roland E50.

I can relate to that, Don...the MOTL arrangers are very competitive with the TOTL models...I feel the same way about my S900.

I played an E-50 and E-60...great instruments...said with absolutely no tongue-in-cheekiness.

#267279 - 07/10/09 10:59 AM Re: It's Coming!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Looking forward to hearing it in your hands, Don.

Just for the record, could you elaborate a little more about it not following chords in MIDI and audio? Is it a sync issue with the two, or is it deeper than that?

Sincerely,
Drew Brees.

#267280 - 07/10/09 03:00 PM Re: It's Coming!
DonM Offline

Diki,
I'll wait until I get the OS loaded to comment. I'm already "on the road again" and won't be back until Tuesday.

Willie Nelson

#267281 - 07/11/09 06:52 AM Re: It's Coming!
124 Offline

That's just amazing. It doesn't follow chords properly? How does a company release an arranger that doesn't even do the basic function of an arranger? I don't get that, unless I'm missing something here.

#267282 - 07/11/09 07:58 AM Re: It's Coming!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
"How does a company release an arranger that doesn't even do the basic function of an arranger? I don't get that, unless I'm missing something here.

Maybe you should ask Domenick of Lionstrac for the answer.

Just kidding Dom! The Mediastation follows the chords okay right? It's just lacking in overall quality of the factory Styles it has on it correct?

>> Is it any wonder Ketron and Lionstrac are little known companies with little known products? It's because the products they make can't seem to compete with the big boys as far as full functionality in the prodoucts that they do happen to make. And who's fault is that?? Why.. the little known companies with the little known products of course.

Hopefully the OS update will correct this inauspicious malady currently afflicting the Audya. Although I have my doubts... Stay tuned to find out.

All the best,
Mike

#267283 - 07/11/09 12:32 PM Re: It's Coming!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
Maybe you should ask Domenick of Lionstrac for the answer.

Just kidding Dom! The Mediastation follows the chords okay right? It's just lacking in overall quality of the factory Styles it has on it correct?

>> Is it any wonder Ketron and Lionstrac are little known companies with little known products? It's because the products they make can't seem to compete with the big boys as far as full functionality in the prodoucts that they do happen to make. And who's fault is that?? Why.. the little known companies with the little known products of course.

Hopefully the OS update will correct this inauspicious malady currently afflicting the Audya. Although I have my doubts... Stay tuned to find out.

All the best,
Mike

Hey Mike..My MediaStation is working great..It plays chord changes as well as any other arranger keyboard..I use the LiveStyler program that is interfaced with the MS control surface...I use the Tyros styles with the Yamaha VST (not the old little XG file from years ago)..It sounds every bit as good to me as the Yamaha XG arranger section of todays boards..

As I use the arranger sparringly..I have more than I need..

Here is some food for thought about this unknown company...My MS has the B4II organ, the Steinway Piano and a Rhodes VST that kicks butt with all the controls found on the old EP,s...People are buying the Nord Stage piano..and The MS with this setup is far better ..All 3 of the sources B4II, Steinway and Rhodes are superior to the Nord Stage...and the MS has better control too..

At the same price point as the Nord...you have the arranger, VST control, sampler,audio recording, sequencing, Audio playback and editing..etc...It starts to become a no brainer in value..compared to the Nord stage..or in fact any other keyboard in it's price range..

As for these companies folding tent..as you mentioned in previous posts...not even close..
Look for exciting news in the next couple months from Lionstracs..and also Ketron...you know..the companies unknown to so many..except people that can afford and appreciate them....

#267284 - 07/11/09 02:02 PM Re: It's Coming!
DonM Offline

Guys, please don't jump to any conclusions until I get back and have a chance to spend some time with it.
All I did was turn it on, listen to some sounds, pick a few styles and play with them.
I didn't even check to see what chord mode was set. I shouldn't have commented on the chords prematurely.
Later,
DonM

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online