leezone Offline

yes, Diki, i was referring mainly to folk and latin stuff on the Ketron

and yes the Ketron Drums are very "punchy"
but unfortunately so is the price

#266758 - 06/30/09 01:27 PM Re: AUDYA >> BRAND NEW Video Demos up on Ketron.it
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Thanks, Lee.

It helps if you don't make sweeping comments like that one without qualifying exactly what you are referring to... There are some pretty touchy people on this forum!

You know, to a large extent, I honestly believe that most people pick their choice of arranger for whether the ROM styles suit the genres of music they tend to play, rather than for any particular sound or OS features. The T3 is a VERY good arranger, but without those Latin styles nailed, for you it's not very good. For someone else that plays a lot of jazz, for instance, it might be the best thing ever. Same arranger... two different viewpoints.

I really think that an awful lot of the forum rancor would die down if only people were more specific about WHY they like or hate something. It's a lot harder to get worked up if someone says 'the T3 Latin styles aren't very accurate' rather than 'the T3 styles suck!' We all use our arrangers differently. It helps to tell everyone HOW you use an arranger, and what you use it for, who you primarily play to, what volume, etc., then when you criticize a particular aspect of anything - arranger, PA equipment, whatever, members can decide if the comment relates to how THEY play and work, rather than assuming you are attacking THEIR pet system...

JMO...

#266759 - 06/30/09 01:45 PM Re: AUDYA >> BRAND NEW Video Demos up on Ketron.it
Anonymous
Unregistered

Diki..."Oh,and a 76 and a chord sequencer"... Sorry,I really Don't think You will ever see Those two things ever again from Roland in a New High End Arranger....If fact, My feelings are...NO High End Arrangers in their Future Plans!.....Guess We will will have to go with what they offer If We continue to Buy New Roland Arrangers in the future...There is Always Korg,Yamaha,Ketron....Harold

#266760 - 07/02/09 08:26 AM Re: AUDYA >> BRAND NEW Video Demos up on Ketron.it
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Oops! My mistake. I thought there were actual audio sampled i.e. "multi-sampled" guitar voices/patches on the Audya. So they are just in the Style parts. Got it.

What is remarkable to me is how good those "midi" triggered guitars actually sound. I noticed in the video that the demonstrator used the pitch bend wheel on one of the guitar parts he was playing. I thought that might have been one of the many "midi" triggered guitars in that particular demo. Thanks again for clearing that up AJ err.. I mean Diki.

All the best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 07-02-2009).]

#266761 - 07/02/09 10:05 AM Re: AUDYA >> BRAND NEW Video Demos up on Ketron.it
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I like to tell it like it is, I've gigged out with the T3, PA2xpro, and the Audya.

As for getting the job done with the most useable tools, I give the nod to the Audya.

I say the T3 has the most polished sound, the fills, overall style flow and balance of instruments, although I always have to crank the drums and percussion to get it to feel even close to what it should be.

The Pa2xpro has the most professional feel, things are where you want them to be, the flow of button pushes and use of pads really make me feel good to use, the fact I have to hit song play bothers me but i can make it work.

Vocals, the Pa2xpro has the best, followed by the Audya, the Audya gets hi marks for mulitple inputs and inputs types with 1/4" and XLR, plus the fact you can have 2 seperate vocal mics at the same time and sep effects too. the T3 isn't in the same league.

This past weekend I played 3 festivals, and other than the issues that I know of that are getting worked on the Audya played great, its too damn heavy.

Latin styles are the best, the most authentic, and have the best driving feel. all the other genres have hits and misses just like the other guys, while the sounds on the Audya are not studio sounding pristine recordings, they have a gritty analog fat sound that fills without the need for extra effects and layering, while the T3 seems very thin, and the Pa2xpro seems to need more effects.

just my 2 cents or .027 euros.

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#266762 - 07/02/09 09:34 PM Re: AUDYA >> BRAND NEW Video Demos up on Ketron.it
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
Oops! My mistake. I thought there were actual audio sampled i.e. "multi-sampled" guitar voices/patches on the Audya. So they are just in the Style parts. Got it.

What is remarkable to me is how good those "midi" triggered guitars actually sound. I noticed in the video that the demonstrator used the pitch bend wheel on one of the guitar parts he was playing. I thought that might have been one of the many "midi" triggered guitars in that particular demo. Thanks again for clearing that up AJ err.. I mean Diki.

All the best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 07-02-2009).]

Well, let's put it this way... If you mention the 'audio guitars' to anyone else on this forum, especially in the context of the Audya, they will assume you are talking about the audio loops. And, as far as I can remember, no-one has ever called the guitar sampled instruments in their arrangers "audio guitars". But if you feel like pretending this is anything but your own fault for not using the usual terms, feel free...

Now, excuse me, I have to go play my audio piano and audio bass (I suppose that would make it different to an non-audio piano and bass, wouldn't it? ) Hey, if I play with my arranger switched off, would that make it a NON-audio arranger?

#266763 - 07/05/09 12:36 PM Re: AUDYA >> BRAND NEW Video Demos up on Ketron.it
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Hey, if I play with my arranger switched off, would that make it a NON-audio arranger?

No, it would make it silent bliss for not having to listen to you play so loud. >> Get it? The G70 is an arranger. You switch your arranger i.e. G70 off and you won't hear anything of course because it would be off. PS: I know what you meant but saying it the way you did implied (to me) that your G70 itself was turned off. Touché!

All the best,
Mike

#266764 - 07/05/09 03:24 PM Re: AUDYA >> BRAND NEW Video Demos up on Ketron.it
Diki Offline

Actually, I DID mean with the power completely 'off'...

If I left the arranger section off, but still could play, well, there's the audio again!

#266765 - 07/29/09 01:58 PM Re: AUDYA >> BRAND NEW Video Demos up on Ketron.it
abc_doremi Offline

I was quite impressed by those videos. Styles in Audya are very lively and credible in my opinion. You can also download them much faster on this link http://www.ketronmusic.co.uk/media/video/index.html

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online