SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#266736 - 06/28/09 03:09 PM Re: AUDYA >> BRAND NEW Video Demos up on Ketron.it
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Harold S:
[B]Gee Diki "I'm not all worked up"... I just responded to a post someone kindly put on the Zone...And Yes I can't afford the Ketron Now...But I responded to the Post to MY feelings only!...Again There are really alot of GREAT arrangers on the Market Now...That is Wonderful...Including the G-70 that suits Your every need, You keep reminding everyone...Even when We don't ASK...Quote from Harold...

Harold, I understand Diki's views...He just emphasized what "he" would have to give up...to replace the G70..with just about any other keyboard..I actually agree with him..As other former/current G70 users..they also realise there are many features that would be lost with another replacement keyboard..

I think the Ketron board is the BEST sounding arranger keyboard on the market...

Of course all the top brands have there strength sounds....but over all the Audya tops all in the sounds...

The problem for me ...it appears that the new Ketron offering still uses the old OS from the X1 days...I loved the X1, except for the OS and the SMF playback...but I always had a Roland it had to compare too..

The other problem from the X1 days, and continued into the SD1 days...so most likely remain still with the Audya...The mic/ and it's settings that had a mind of it's own...

#266737 - 06/28/09 06:43 PM Re: AUDYA >> BRAND NEW Video Demos up on Ketron.it
Anonymous
Unregistered

Fran and Diki...I agree with Everything You Have to say about the G-70...It's a Great Keyboard...But I think the Posting was referring to the Quality of the Styles and Sounds in the Audya...I've been a Roland Guy for a long time...But again, There is alot of Great arrangers Now to meet Most peoples needs...As I mentioned in My first post, the Audya has some Issues now...But again, remember the G-70 took some time to reach it's Greatness...Same with the Korgs,etc...I Wish Ketron the Best to keep going with this Keyboard...Plus It will bring Better things to come from the Others In their New Keyboards...Really I Like All the Keyboards...Those Yamaha Guitars are to Die For, plus Much More!...Same with Korg...I just don't want to get way off topic!......Best Wishes...Harold

#266738 - 06/28/09 07:49 PM Re: AUDYA >> BRAND NEW Video Demos up on Ketron.it
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Harold S:
Fran and Diki...I agree with Everything You Have to say about the G-70...It's a Great Keyboard...But I think the Posting was referring to the Quality of the Styles and Sounds in the Audya...I've been a Roland Guy for a long time...But again, There is alot of Great arrangers Now to meet Most peoples needs...As I mentioned in My first post, the Audya has some Issues now...But again, remember the G-70 took some time to reach it's Greatness...Same with the Korgs,etc...I Wish Ketron the Best to keep going with this Keyboard...Plus It will bring Better things to come from the Others In their New Keyboards...Really I Like All the Keyboards...Those Yamaha Guitars are to Die For, plus Much More!...Same with Korg...I just don't want to get way off topic!......Best Wishes...Harold

I agree..

#266739 - 06/29/09 12:15 AM Re: AUDYA >> BRAND NEW Video Demos up on Ketron.it
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
To be honest, apart from the audio loops, so far I'm not really hearing anything in the voices themselves that is much of a leap forward from current arrangers. And I have to confess, I still believe that Yamaha still has a HUGE advantage over the Audya with their SA2 voices. Not to mention Mega Voice sounds for styles.

Thing is, when you are listening to those Audya styles, you are hearing a REAL drummer and guitarist, mostly. And that goes a LONG way to distract you from how ordinary many of the other sounds are. The styles ARE very well programmed, very usable the way they are. But that's a darn good thing, because for the drums and guitar, you can't do a damn thing to them, and all the MIDI parts currently are close to uneditable, and likely, unless Ketron have an entirely new style editing OS in the works (highly unlikely, given their penchant for announcing new things YEARS in advance ), to remain as difficult to edit as the SD-1 is/was.

As with most things (especially computer based things), the first of its' kind is usually overpriced, buggy and in need of considerable improvement. I applaud all the early adopters, SOMEONE has to beta test this stuff But I just think I can wait a while, and let the technology mature a bit more. Who knows... this stuff (audio loops) isn't exactly rocket science, Perhaps a company that DOES have a good track record of flexibility and ease of editing will come out with something similar... (hint hint, Fran )

#266740 - 06/29/09 06:31 AM Re: AUDYA >> BRAND NEW Video Demos up on Ketron.it
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
And I have to confess, I still believe that Yamaha still has a HUGE advantage over the Audya with their SA2 voices. Not to mention Mega Voice sounds for styles.

The styles ARE very well programmed, very usable the way they are. But that's a darn good thing, because for the drums and guitar, you can't do a damn thing to them, and all the MIDI parts currently are close to uneditable, )

I have to agree on these points. Roland has a big chance to take a step ahead in the arranger wars waiting in the wings but will they?

#266741 - 06/29/09 06:50 AM Re: AUDYA >> BRAND NEW Video Demos up on Ketron.it
leezone Offline

i would LOVE a Roland TOTL Arranger built like Fantom, with THE top sounds, with audio loops, with live drums, with GREAT authentic styles (REAL LATIN MUSICIANS) much like Ketron, but CHEAPER

but will it ever happen?

#266742 - 06/29/09 07:35 AM Re: AUDYA >> BRAND NEW Video Demos up on Ketron.it
Dnj Offline

Yes, it will happen.......
but it won't be cheap imo.

#266743 - 06/29/09 09:13 AM Re: AUDYA >> BRAND NEW Video Demos up on Ketron.it
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
I see AJ hasn't chimed in to address some of the questions in this thread concerning the Audya i.e. is there pitch/bend or mod ability for the audio guitars??, etc. I guess he doesn't want to "rock the boat" anymore than it's already rocked eh? If he replies the boat just might just tip over - so don't make waves by not replying. Smart.

Remember guys that Yamaha has a patent out for a similar type technology that the Audya uses i.e. an intelligent arranger that will add more variation and variety to Style playing. Strict looped based playing will soon be a thing of the past in my opinion. Yamaha is hot on Ketron's tail and will most assuredly have an intelligent based Arranger on the market with their next high-end offering. Yes, I mean the Tyros4 or whatever they decide to call it. It's still two or three years away though most likely but rest assured it is coming. Most likely it will also come in at a price point quite a bit under what the Audya costs too. This won't affect the current Audya's sales of course because Ketron will probably already have the Audya's replacement in the final stages of development by the time the Tyros4?? makes it to market in 2011 or 2012. If Yamaha gets the Drums right on the Tyros4?? and they make a 76 key version to boot, it will give Yamaha a huge leverage over the arranger market and will definitely ignite sales. And adding an Arranger with intelligent design and functions will make it that much more appealing to the masses.

>> Be it known, I probably would have sprung for an Audya if it weren't for the astronomical price and the deficiencies in a few areas e.g. RAM, USB, etc. If Yamaha indeed has an intelligent Arranger on the market by 2011 or 2012 I'm almost positive it will be less expensive than the Audya's current price, making it well worth the wait.

>> I'm sure AJ is also relieved I won't be getting an Audya. If I had gotten one can you imagine how much I would be picking his brain then? >> Whew!! he says.. as he wipes his brow in amazed relief.

All the best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 06-29-2009).]

#266744 - 06/29/09 11:23 AM Re: AUDYA >> BRAND NEW Video Demos up on Ketron.it
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
I see AJ hasn't chimed in to address some of the questions in this thread concerning the Audya i.e. is there pitch/bend or mod ability for the audio guitars??

Perhaps he just thinks that questions like that are too crazy to even bother answering?

The audio guitars are in the style section ONLY. Heck, we don't even have realtime pitchbend and mod capabilities on MIDI arrangers to do that! And doing it to audio loops is out of the question (and would sound pretty dubious even if we could).

#266745 - 06/29/09 12:59 PM Re: AUDYA >> BRAND NEW Video Demos up on Ketron.it
Dnj Offline

As I see it Ketron has to drop the Audya price $1000.00 and quick to save this boat.....just listen to people...they love the sound/styles but wont buy due to price...so what does that tell you?

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online