SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#266245 - 06/20/09 07:33 AM Re: Keyfeel ?........
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
and no chord sequencer

Given the history and nature of the SZ, Donny's remark fits into the original post. We should all remember and recognize previous conversations regarding the loss of the (Roland) chord sequencer.

Given the history and nature of Donny's and Diki's sparing, this is barely a light jab. The eek emotican may seem to give DNJ's hints away. And I think that Diki's original comeback was appropos and in keeping with the lightheartedness of the post. Diki's 'organ' remark was his sense of humor and may have, unfortunately, offended a few here, but certainly was not uncharacteristic of things that go on here on this forum.

I think we should establish a new and ongoing thread titled - The Diki and Donny Show and just let them say whatever they want about whatever they want for as log as they want. Maybe they'll tire of their sparring and give it up for a while.

In the meantime, I do as much as I can to disregard the jabs and punches - even avoid getting punched myself - and read the various topics for the more fruitful comments.

IMHO it was the fault of OTHER SZers who really pulled this topic down. It was a funny video with a few humourous remarks until others took umberage of Diki's remarks. But then again, this is 'free speech' SZ.

...and I must add after rereading the first ten posts: Diki's 'Bach' remark was more pointed and adirect slap at Donny. I do agree I didn't care for that remark and felt the topic slid downward quickly from there. I want to think that Donny's and Diki's remarks are equally uncalled for, but I must say that in this case Diki - whether he realized or considered it - definitely took the lower road on this one.

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 06-20-2009).]

#266246 - 06/20/09 10:38 AM Re: Keyfeel ?........
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by pasadoble:
You see Diki that was a test of your supposed sense of humour in all things but you fell straight into the trap...the Dick thing was said in humour but you bit straight away...now I'm the one laughing and I'm not so sad now....here's some more humour.....lets you and I play a pantaomime horse...I'l go at the front and you can just be yourself at the back

Possibly it is just from you being English, Pasadoble, but maybe you don't realize that calling someone a 'dick' over here in the US is NOT as humorous (as I found out after I got here with my name already chosen ), but usually an insult and taunt. SOMETIMES, when used by two people that like each other, it can be considered just friendly sparring. You and I hardly qualify for that. It would be like me calling you a wanker. If we were friends, maybe it would qualify as humor. But in this current situation, I have NO doubt were I to address you as such, you would take my meaning seriously.

So much for YOUR sense of humor, eh?

No doubt, though, at the rear of your pantomime horse, I will at least finally see the part of you that you are usually talking out of. Now, wasn't THAT funny, you wanker...?

#266247 - 06/20/09 11:00 PM Re: Keyfeel ?........
pasadoble Offline

Loc: Portsmouth, England.UK
I'll have to meet up with you one day Diki...you sound like a likeable person..perhaps a bit hot headed and spiteful but you certainly put a smile on my face...take care mate...

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Possibly it is just from you being English, Pasadoble, but maybe you don't realize that calling someone a 'dick' over here in the US is NOT as humorous (as I found out after I got here with my name already chosen ), but usually an insult and taunt. SOMETIMES, when used by two people that like each other, it can be considered just friendly sparring. You and I hardly qualify for that. It would be like me calling you a wanker. If we were friends, maybe it would qualify as humor. But in this current situation, I have NO doubt were I to address you as such, you would take my meaning seriously.

So much for YOUR sense of humor, eh?

No doubt, though, at the rear of your pantomime horse, I will at least finally see the part of you that you are usually talking out of. Now, wasn't THAT funny, you wanker...?

#266248 - 06/22/09 08:34 AM Re: Keyfeel ?........
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Psychology for the masses....

Some scientists actually conducted an experiment, (saw it on a TV program) and measured the "perceived force" or something like that...

They had 2 people standing face to face, and instructed the first one to lightly slap the other, and they somehow measured the force delivered in the slap. Then they instructed the second one to slap the first with exactly the same force as the slap he received, and they also measured that.

Guess what, the second guy's response had more force than the slap he received, but he did not realise that, he thought he just responded with force comparable to what he received.

To cut a long story short, each guy in succession, hit the other with ever increasing force.

Now re-read the thread from the beginning and you'll see what I mean.

#266249 - 06/22/09 12:50 PM Re: Keyfeel ?........
pasadoble Offline

Loc: Portsmouth, England.UK
Nicely put Trident...I let him have his slap and stopped it there as I would have knocked him out with my next slap, I'm not really the guy he wants to mess with, he's a figther behind his keyboard ! PC one that is not a musical one, a brave man knows when to call a truce , a fool does not know when to stop.

Here's me...lets see a picture of the fool.

Quote:
Originally posted by trident:
Psychology for the masses....

Some scientists actually conducted an experiment, (saw it on a TV program) and measured the "perceived force" or something like that...

They had 2 people standing face to face, and instructed the first one to lightly slap the other, and they somehow measured the force delivered in the slap. Then they instructed the second one to slap the first with exactly the same force as the slap he received, and they also measured that.

Guess what, the second guy's response had more force than the slap he received, but he did not realise that, he thought he just responded with force comparable to what he received.

To cut a long story short, each guy in succession, hit the other with ever increasing force.

Now re-read the thread from the beginning and you'll see what I mean.

#266250 - 06/22/09 01:40 PM Re: Keyfeel ?........
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by pasadoble:

Here's me...lets see a picture of the fool.

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 06-22-2009).]

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online