Posted by: Songman55

Re: Keyfeel ?........ - 06/16/09 07:41 AM

That's what we need!

------------------
Songman55
Joe Ayala
Posted by: PraiseTheLord

Re: Keyfeel ?........ - 06/16/09 09:27 AM

It'll never sell. It's not 76 keys and I bet it's over 40 pounds :-)
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Keyfeel ?........ - 06/16/09 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by PraiseTheLord:
It'll never sell. It's not 76 keys and I bet it's over 40 pounds :-)

and no chord sequencer
Posted by: Diki

Re: Keyfeel ?........ - 06/16/09 11:23 AM

Wouldn't this have got more of a laugh (and been more accurate) if it had been titled 'Girls play with Giant Organ'?!

Thanks for the unsolicited Chord Sequencer dig, BTW, Donny... keep 'em coming. I look forward to your posting the complete Bach Organ Works soon (over an SMF of someone actually able to play them... )
Posted by: John DiLeo

Re: Keyfeel ?........ - 06/17/09 07:13 AM

This was very enjoyable & unique although once again tainted by Diki's spew.If you don't think Dnj can play without smf your sadly mistaken. I have seen a few great videos of him performing with styles & was astounded at what I heard.
Posted by: pasadoble

Re: Keyfeel ?........ - 06/17/09 09:55 PM

Quite agree John...very entertaining...and yes Diki's comment was totally unnecessary..sadly another tainted thread.

Quote:
Originally posted by John DiLeo:
This was very enjoyable & unique although once again tainted by Diki's spew.If you don't think Dnj can play without smf your sadly mistaken. I have seen a few great videos of him performing with styles & was astounded at what I heard.
Posted by: ChicoBrasil

Re: Keyfeel ?........ - 06/18/09 06:42 AM

Tks Donny for sharing.
As usual, a new boring and no sense comment from Diki.
To me, It's time to ignore completely all replyes from that kind of person always based in a lot of bla bla bla and ZERO music.
Chico
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: Keyfeel ?........ - 06/18/09 06:48 AM

I thought it was rather amusing. I think we should lighten up, as I don't think any malice was intended.
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: Keyfeel ?........ - 06/18/09 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bernie9:
I don't think any malice was intended.

Me neither, Bernie...it's just Diki's usual warped sense of humor...which I somehow understand.
Posted by: Pacesetter

Re: Keyfeel ?........ - 06/18/09 07:10 AM

Warped sense of humor translates to him looking like a jerk time after time. After finally seeing a photo of him I believe he has " short man complex"

Re: Keyfeel ?........ - 06/18/09 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pacesetter:
Warped sense of humor translates to him looking like a jerk time after time. After finally seeing a photo of him I believe he has " short man complex"

How tall are you, buddy?
Posted by: btweengigs

Re: Keyfeel ?........ - 06/18/09 07:40 AM

Good Grief! Tall, Short, Fat, Skinny, White, Black, Blue.....who cares?

What matters..or should matter here,...is the purpose of Cass's eJam. And yes... CIVILITY should matter. Any comment that purposely singles out a member for the purpose of hurting that person or making them feel bad just for the sake of showing superiority, has no place here, IMO.

I'm loving the music and hope we can stick to the matter at hand.

Eddie

Re: Keyfeel ?........ - 06/18/09 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by btweengigs:
Good Grief! Tall, Short, Fat, Skinny, White, Black, Blue.....who cares?

That's right Eddie, but it sure seems to matter to some people.
Posted by: captain Russ

Re: Keyfeel ?........ - 06/18/09 09:42 AM

Diki is English and driven by his own private agenda. He used to really bother me, until I focused on his intellect, musical knowledge
and typical English sense of humor.

I'd cut him some slack, and at the same time, suggest that he consider looking at how his posts are received in the vaccume that all internet interchanges operate in.

Understand, he is a full-time musician, competing with lots of others out there; some pretty cutthroat, and you have to be pretty aggressive to be successful under those conditions.

This week, I had the chance to meet and visit Chas and Dave. I liked them both before seeing them and understand and like them more now. It appeared from some of the early posts that Chas rubbed a few here the wrong way at first, but, I'm telling you, I never met a finer, smarter or more accomplished, socially responsible person.

I'd like to visit with Diki. I believe it would be a pleasant, informative experience.

He cares about the subjects he talks about and is articulate in the technical aspects of his contributions; he just has a funny and, some believe, a negative, somewhat offensive way of going about it.

I just wade throught the BS and pluck the few "jems" you always find if you really read what he says.

It occurs to me that, in the past, I might have been considerably more aggressive/offensive and "in your face".

Now, I'm too "old and tired" to put out that much effort.

Let's admit it...the "giant organ" deal was funny as hell!

Russ (old age is a bitch) Lay

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 06-19-2009).]

Re: Keyfeel ?........ - 06/18/09 11:56 AM

This is kind of like the NFL (or soccer, for our members from the rest of the world!)... the first guy to get a poke in isn't often seen, and the player that responds gets the flag.

But would someone like to explain how ANY mention of the Chord Sequencer on this thread is anything OTHER than a dig at me (who else posts about it?)...

I'm a jerk to people who are a jerk towards me. Plain and simple. Don't like it? Then throw the flag at the FIRST offender.

But at least, unlike Donny, I have the balls to leave UP what I've posted...

Re: Keyfeel ?........ - 06/18/09 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
and no chord sequencer

Just in case Mr. Hit and Run pulls another disappearing act.

Re: Keyfeel ?........ - 06/18/09 03:45 PM

Sorry but I found the 'Giant organ' comment crude and lowered the tone of an excellent thread somewhat...
Posted by: Nigel

Re: Keyfeel ?........ - 06/19/09 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by pasadoble:
Sorry but I found the 'Giant organ' comment crude and lowered the tone of an excellent thread somewhat...

I actually found Diki's comment pretty damn funny. How could anyone enjoy watching this clip without having a sense of humor about it Was there a serious aspect to it that I overlooked .... rotflmao It just seemed like a fun novelty stunt to me. Lighten up guys.

Re: Keyfeel ?........ - 06/19/09 08:32 AM

Sorry Nigel but I thought bringing a sexual inuendo into the thread was in bad taste and was sexist ! would Diki have said the same thing if it was two guys playing...NO so why did he say it when it was two girls ...and young girls at that...perhaps I'm just not a pervert and did not see the funny side of it...

Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:
I actually found Diki's comment pretty damn funny. How could anyone enjoy watching this clip without having a sense of humor about it Was there a serious aspect to it that I overlooked .... rotflmao It just seemed like a fun novelty stunt to me. Lighten up guys.

Re: Keyfeel ?........ - 06/19/09 11:05 AM

I can find pretty much ANYTHING pretty funny It's why I keep coming here, actually...

Pasadoble... I don't recall your Mrs. Grundy ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mrs_Grundy ) act surfacing on other posts with let's just say 'questionable' taste. We've had scantily clad girls in pictures, and jokes of a FAR more ribald nature here, I don't recall you policing THEM... Hold on a minute... what's that smell...?

Do I smell half-baked agenda? It is certainly fishy, for sure...

Re: Keyfeel ?........ - 06/19/09 01:07 PM

Diki you have completely lost me with your riddles....just say what you mean and get to the point...your posts would take you half the time if you did.....ok let me try...eer why is it you almost have the word 'Dick' in your name ?

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I can find pretty much ANYTHING pretty funny It's why I keep coming here, actually...

Pasadoble... I don't recall your Mrs. Grundy ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mrs_Grundy ) act surfacing on other posts with let's just say 'questionable' taste. We've had scantily clad girls in pictures, and jokes of a FAR more ribald nature here, I don't recall you policing THEM... Hold on a minute... what's that smell...?

Do I smell half-baked agenda? It is certainly fishy, for sure...

Re: Keyfeel ?........ - 06/19/09 05:31 PM

Does it need simplifying for you to understand? That WOULD explain a lot, I guess...

Put simply (for your benefit), if you don't throw a hissy fit every time ANYONE posts something offensive, you have no right to single me out... Got it now?

BTW, not ALL Richard's are Dicks, and not ALL Dicks are Richard's. They could easily be Pasadoble's. Why do I almost have the word Dick in my name..? Because my name is Richard. Why do you almost have the word 'Sad' in yours?

Look, if the friggin' forum ADMIN can't get worked up about it, don't you feel just a BIT sheepish for your outrage? As he said... LIGHTEN UP GUYS..!
Posted by: hellboy44

Re: Keyfeel ?........ - 06/19/09 05:58 PM

Well I thought it was very entertaining.

It's all been done before (everyone remembers that scene in the Tom Hanks Movie "Big") but they obviously had a great time playing (and filming) this - good fun!

I thought Diki's comment was funny.

Predictable of course - but predictable in the "Carry On" spirit of things (Diki knows what I mean by this reference ) sexual double entendres are a quintessentially British thing, and I find no harm in it, maybe others aren't as used to this style of humour/comment.

Diki, I think you have actually improved slightly in your comments and attitude to people on the Synthzone forums, though I do still stand by what I've said re you being majorly responsible for much of the malice/negativity/arguments here.

It's hard to disagree with much of what Russ said, and well said it was too.

I would add though, that despite the fact that what Diki says is (mostly) in jest, or just his "style", he nevertheless knows what hurt it CAN cause if taken the wrong way - he's not silly. That makes this behaviour just as wrong in my view - you can all cite "freedom of speech" etc but words that hurt, or taken as such, are still what they are: words that CAN hurt.
Posted by: 124

Re: Keyfeel ?........ - 06/19/09 07:40 PM

Yes of course Diki's remark was in fun. And as you say, Hellboy, double entendre is a very British style of humour. I see from his/her profile that Pasadoble is from Portsmouth on the south coast of England, so I would have thought he'd have 'got' the humour straight away. Maybe it's a case of 'No Sex Please, We're British'. A farce that ran in London's West End theatres for a number of years.
Posted by: msutliff

Re: Keyfeel ?........ - 06/19/09 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 124:
Yes of course Diki's remark was in fun.

I'm sure it was. Just as I'm sure Donny's remark was in fun.

Now where do you suppose the "lightening up" went on that one?

-mike

Re: Keyfeel ?........ - 06/19/09 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 124:
Maybe it's a case of 'No Sex Please, We're British'. A farce that ran in London's West End theatres for a number of years.

I can't believe I'm dating myself like this, but I actually SAW 'No Sex Please, We're British'... In the West End, too... Couldn't believe my folks would take me to such a 'racy' show under 18. But, like all things English, it turned out to be FAR less risqué than one could hope for...

Kinda like this thread, eh?

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 06-19-2009).]

Re: Keyfeel ?........ - 06/20/09 04:36 AM

You see Diki that was a test of your supposed sense of humour in all things but you fell straight into the trap...the Dick thing was said in humour but you bit straight away...now I'm the one laughing and I'm not so sad now....here's some more humour.....lets you and I play a pantaomime horse...I'l go at the front and you can just be yourself at the back

[This message has been edited by pasadoble (edited 06-20-2009).]

[This message has been edited by pasadoble (edited 06-20-2009).]
Posted by: 124

Re: Keyfeel ?........ - 06/20/09 04:41 AM

LOL's all around, chaps!

Oi, Dikiface - you're not calling me old, are you? I've got enough reminders already!
Posted by: cassp

Re: Keyfeel ?........ - 06/20/09 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
and no chord sequencer

Given the history and nature of the SZ, Donny's remark fits into the original post. We should all remember and recognize previous conversations regarding the loss of the (Roland) chord sequencer.

Given the history and nature of Donny's and Diki's sparing, this is barely a light jab. The eek emotican may seem to give DNJ's hints away. And I think that Diki's original comeback was appropos and in keeping with the lightheartedness of the post. Diki's 'organ' remark was his sense of humor and may have, unfortunately, offended a few here, but certainly was not uncharacteristic of things that go on here on this forum.

I think we should establish a new and ongoing thread titled - The Diki and Donny Show and just let them say whatever they want about whatever they want for as log as they want. Maybe they'll tire of their sparring and give it up for a while.

In the meantime, I do as much as I can to disregard the jabs and punches - even avoid getting punched myself - and read the various topics for the more fruitful comments.

IMHO it was the fault of OTHER SZers who really pulled this topic down. It was a funny video with a few humourous remarks until others took umberage of Diki's remarks. But then again, this is 'free speech' SZ.

...and I must add after rereading the first ten posts: Diki's 'Bach' remark was more pointed and adirect slap at Donny. I do agree I didn't care for that remark and felt the topic slid downward quickly from there. I want to think that Donny's and Diki's remarks are equally uncalled for, but I must say that in this case Diki - whether he realized or considered it - definitely took the lower road on this one.

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 06-20-2009).]

Re: Keyfeel ?........ - 06/20/09 10:38 AM

Quote:
You see Diki that was a test of your supposed sense of humour in all things but you fell straight into the trap...the Dick thing was said in humour but you bit straight away...now I'm the one laughing and I'm not so sad now....here's some more humour.....lets you and I play a pantaomime horse...I'l go at the front and you can just be yourself at the back

Possibly it is just from you being English, Pasadoble, but maybe you don't realize that calling someone a 'dick' over here in the US is NOT as humorous (as I found out after I got here with my name already chosen ), but usually an insult and taunt. SOMETIMES, when used by two people that like each other, it can be considered just friendly sparring. You and I hardly qualify for that. It would be like me calling you a wanker. If we were friends, maybe it would qualify as humor. But in this current situation, I have NO doubt were I to address you as such, you would take my meaning seriously.

So much for YOUR sense of humor, eh?

No doubt, though, at the rear of your pantomime horse, I will at least finally see the part of you that you are usually talking out of. Now, wasn't THAT funny, you wanker...?

Re: Keyfeel ?........ - 06/20/09 11:00 PM

I'll have to meet up with you one day Diki...you sound like a likeable person..perhaps a bit hot headed and spiteful but you certainly put a smile on my face...take care mate...

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Possibly it is just from you being English, Pasadoble, but maybe you don't realize that calling someone a 'dick' over here in the US is NOT as humorous (as I found out after I got here with my name already chosen ), but usually an insult and taunt. SOMETIMES, when used by two people that like each other, it can be considered just friendly sparring. You and I hardly qualify for that. It would be like me calling you a wanker. If we were friends, maybe it would qualify as humor. But in this current situation, I have NO doubt were I to address you as such, you would take my meaning seriously.

So much for YOUR sense of humor, eh?

No doubt, though, at the rear of your pantomime horse, I will at least finally see the part of you that you are usually talking out of. Now, wasn't THAT funny, you wanker...?
Posted by: trident

Re: Keyfeel ?........ - 06/22/09 08:34 AM

Psychology for the masses....

Some scientists actually conducted an experiment, (saw it on a TV program) and measured the "perceived force" or something like that...

They had 2 people standing face to face, and instructed the first one to lightly slap the other, and they somehow measured the force delivered in the slap. Then they instructed the second one to slap the first with exactly the same force as the slap he received, and they also measured that.

Guess what, the second guy's response had more force than the slap he received, but he did not realise that, he thought he just responded with force comparable to what he received.

To cut a long story short, each guy in succession, hit the other with ever increasing force.

Now re-read the thread from the beginning and you'll see what I mean.

Re: Keyfeel ?........ - 06/22/09 12:50 PM

Nicely put Trident...I let him have his slap and stopped it there as I would have knocked him out with my next slap, I'm not really the guy he wants to mess with, he's a figther behind his keyboard ! PC one that is not a musical one, a brave man knows when to call a truce , a fool does not know when to stop.

Here's me...lets see a picture of the fool.

Quote:
Originally posted by trident:
Psychology for the masses....

Some scientists actually conducted an experiment, (saw it on a TV program) and measured the "perceived force" or something like that...

They had 2 people standing face to face, and instructed the first one to lightly slap the other, and they somehow measured the force delivered in the slap. Then they instructed the second one to slap the first with exactly the same force as the slap he received, and they also measured that.

Guess what, the second guy's response had more force than the slap he received, but he did not realise that, he thought he just responded with force comparable to what he received.

To cut a long story short, each guy in succession, hit the other with ever increasing force.

Now re-read the thread from the beginning and you'll see what I mean.

Re: Keyfeel ?........ - 06/22/09 01:40 PM

Quote:

Here's me...lets see a picture of the fool.

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 06-22-2009).]