SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#265760 - 06/07/09 06:52 AM any chance that Yamaha will....
tom moon Offline

Loc: Haddonfield, NJ, USA
release a model above the PSR E413 at Summer NAMM?

this is very close to being a decent board. it has an arpeggio function and two "sound editing" knobs, a basic sequencer, solid sound set....but it's troublesome to import styles (no thumb drive, usb to computer instead).

seems like with just a few upgrades from existing psr line and the addition of full MIDI (I'm not sure but I don't think it has midi in/out), this would be a winner.

anyone heard anything relating to the lower Yamaha arrangers?

thnks
tm

#265761 - 06/07/09 10:12 AM Re: any chance that Yamaha will....
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I don't see any model coming. The step up from that model would be the PSR-S550. It lacks the real-time control over some very basic voice parameters.., but adds a hell of a lot more in terms of features over the E413. The only model that comes between the E413 and S550 (that gives and takes aways in several areas) would be the MM6. More expanded sequencer, better real-time control, sounds CLOSE to the original Motif.., arp section that's WELL beyond the E413.., better screen, pitch/mod wheels (taken from the MO line), not as full featured in the style section and the styles cover more hip and modern music (meaning no polka, bigband, waltz, ect). It's one of those "give and take" issues with the E413 and MM model.., but the full step above the E413 would be the S550.

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 06-07-2009).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online