Topic Options
#265649 - 06/01/09 06:55 AM Tyros3 Firmware update
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Hi guys,

Just letting you know that there's a firmware update, v1.10, available
for Tyros 3 as of today.

To download it, please visit: http://www.music-tyros.com and click on the
download link on the left side of the page.

Tyros3 v1.10

Improvement:

-Fixed a problem in which the sustain pedal would not work on the Custom
Voices created with imported Wave files.
-Fixed a problem in which the expression pedal would not operate correctly
when the Voice was changed to/from SA2 Voice and the Voice change passed
through IrishPipeAir or IrishPipeDance.
-The Style now can be started from any position in a measure when
recording a new Song.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 06-01-2009).]

#265650 - 06/01/09 07:19 AM Re: Tyros3 Firmware update
Dnj Offline

Ian ... great news!Thanks for the heads up...
glad to see that Yamaha is continually on top of things as usual!

#265651 - 06/01/09 11:14 AM Re: Tyros3 Firmware update
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I would hazard a guess then that virtually NO-ONE uses the sampler in the T3, if the fact that the sustain pedal didn't work was not reported here...

#265652 - 06/01/09 11:45 AM Re: Tyros3 Firmware update
ianmcnll Offline

I'm glad to see the OS fixes, especially so quick....I was mostly interested in the synchro-start whilst recording restore, as I use that function a lot.

A lot of my clients use the Tyros3's sampler...alas, they don't frequent SZ...most are in the Yamaha specific groups like YPKO.

Ian

#265653 - 06/01/09 03:00 PM Re: Tyros3 Firmware update
Diki Offline

So, did YOU know about that bug? Had anyone mentioned it to you?

#265654 - 06/01/09 04:34 PM Re: Tyros3 Firmware update
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
I'm glad to see the OS fixes, especially so quick....I was mostly interested in the synchro-start whilst recording restore, as I use that function a lot.

A lot of my clients use the Tyros3's sampler...alas, they don't frequent SZ...most are in the Yamaha specific groups like YPKO.

Ian

Jealousy runs ramped when your at the top Ian eh? btw does the G70 have a sampler I seem to forget?

#265655 - 06/01/09 04:58 PM Re: Tyros3 Firmware update
Diki Offline

No sampler. And one where the sustain pedal doesn't work hardly qualifies, either...

Main point Donny is just the willingness to TALK about bugs. I have never shirked reporting issues with my G70. Heck, I even RUN the Bug Forum at R-A.com, and have always made my issues with the G70 common knowledge around here. I see little reciprocity, though.

Just be grateful that I haven't yet succumbed to the gorgeous SA sounds and Mega guitars. Because whatever bugs and niggles DO exist on Yamaha's would no longer be the great secret so many have tried to make them! I push arrangers as hard as I can, and I push the manufacturers just as hard when they make boneheaded decisions. And I try to broadcast this knowledge in the hope this prods the manufacturer to make good. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. But your chances of it happening are less if no-one KNOWS about the bugs save a few 'experts' on a bug forum...

#265656 - 06/01/09 05:12 PM Re: Tyros3 Firmware update
ianmcnll Offline

Diki,

These issues were reported and were well known on the Yamaha forums, which are open to anyone who owns a Yamaha arranger (or not), and/or is considering the purchase of one.

Yamaha listened, acknowledged, and guaranteed that all would be fixed in an OS upgrade, which would be available very shortly.

They delivered as promised, and it was announced on YPKO today.

I always give my clients, and potential clients, a link to these Yamaha specific sites, as well as post the links here on SZ...they are a terrific source of information, as well as being marvelous tutorials and a great place to share music and ideas...and, of course, any complaints.

I visit Roland Arranger.com now and again...you posted the link here a while ago...it always makes for interesting reading...thank you.

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 06-01-2009).]

#265657 - 06/01/09 05:33 PM Re: Tyros3 Firmware update
Diki Offline

It's getting pretty quiet over there, lately. Used to be a much more lively place, but since Roland went on sabbatical, fell asleep, dropped into a coma, whatever happened to their arranger division, little goes on any more.

We even had an updated G70 OS just last week or so, and it was a giant snoozefest. ONE bug (minor) fixed, nothing else so far that we can see. With all the other things that need addressing, and no new product on the horizon, I would have thought Roland might have used the time to perfect whatever is in the G70, so whatever they DO eventually bring out will have a nice running start... But go figure. Roland are about as responsive as Yamaha (maybe even less, thanks to Steve Demming!) when it comes to fixing certain issues... (operational and form factor issues, not necessarily OS bugs).

But I have a feeling that they OUGHT to take widespread dissemination of bugs on SZ MUCH more seriously than perhaps they do their own niche forums. This is the place where newbies come to for advice on which BRAND of arranger to buy. Spreading the knowledge of issues (not just plain bugs, but operational 'doh!' moments ) here ought to make them sit up and pay attention, lest a buyer go elsewhere.

Admittedly, I am not the kind of person that would troll the Yamaha forum for bug and issue news, so I could bring it here... I have my own axe to grind But I feel it OUGHT to be at least SOME Yamaha users' responsibility. You have often commented about Roland issues that you have gleaned from the R-A.com site... I only wish you were as diligent broadcasting Yamaha ones, too... (or at least, someone not on Yamaha's payroll - I realize that perhaps it isn't in YOUR best interest to air Yamaha's dirty laundry here )

#265658 - 06/01/09 06:22 PM Re: Tyros3 Firmware update
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
This is the place where newbies come to for advice on which BRAND of arranger to buy. I realize that perhaps it isn't in YOUR best interest to air Yamaha's dirty laundry here )

Perhaps, but YPKO and other Yamaha sites are where the majority of people go to learn in depth about Yamaha arrangers...I also give people links to the Korg and Roland sites...I feel if Yamaha doesn't quite scratch the itch, then there are others who might.

Remember, I have an NDA so I tend to approach things differently than you, but I always get the job done my own way...I certainly don't have any issues with anyone else posting about the Tyros3 or any other product, unless it isn't true.

No one expects you to "troll" anywhere, but I do know that if you were that interested in a Yamaha or Korg arranger, you would make it your business to visit the respective forums and become aware of any issues.

I also give out the link to SZ, but nearly every discussion on this site ends in a belly bumping contest, and most new visitors don't have the time to sort out who is serious and knowledgeable, and who is suffering from cranial rectal inversion.

Personally, I think Yamaha handled the whole issue quite well and very quickly...and that is worth it's weight in gold nowadays.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online