SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#264813 - 06/07/09 03:31 AM Re: Wersi Pegasus Wings
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
As I said in my previous post “Fingers crossed that Wersi don’t cock it up”

The OAS in the Apollo is completely different from OAS 7 or any other version, so its unlikely that they will ever match up, if anything it will be the other way round, as there are features in the Apollo that are not available in OAS 7.

As to sounds and styles then we will have to wait and see. (If they include Legacy sounds and styles then their doomed)
BTW Styles and sounds are added all the time via free updates, and the number of user slots is updated as and when required.

Anyway we should have more details next week, and we will then be able to see if it cuts the mustard, particularly as its virtually the same price as a Tyros 3 (In spite of negative feedback on forums, and plenty for sale on the used market, the T3 is still the best selling TOTL Arranger out there) and will probably be able to directly play the same styles if required.

IMO however, (Until Roland bring out a new Arranger based on the new Atelier Sound Engine) the Arranger it has to convincingly beat is the Korg PA2x, which IMHO is the best TOTL Arranger out there at the moment. (It may not handle VST but it does take Akai and the rest of it is also stunning)

Regards

Bill

#264814 - 06/07/09 05:35 AM Re: Wersi Pegasus Wings
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
With a V-Machine able to address that much memory from a stick and play VSTi's very capably (according to James) for about $699, a hardware keyboard with no better memory capabilities for $5000+ doesn't seem that great a deal

There was a price drop a few weeks back probably to make way for the CPU upgrade kit. That's when I made my purchase and I only paid 333 euro which is $465. So there is a good deal to be had somewhere.

James.

#264815 - 06/07/09 11:53 AM Re: Wersi Pegasus Wings
abacus Offline

Translated (Google) from the Wersi Austria Forum http://www.tastenpoint.at/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1082 from someone that attended the Summerfest

You can already read the data, purely acoustically I had a very positive impression.
Why, the device has a lively nature, very live just with his drum sets, styles and sounds.
Individual sounds such as Akoustikpiano and strings are managed, however, I miss here a scalability to sounds, just individual sounds are repeatedly Geschmacksache.
With the small new system of Wersi, the key had a good sound, durchsetzungsfähige sounds and pressure as you know it from Wersi.
The screen is touch sensitive, and 10 as it is expected "large enough and easy.
The processing is very solid with styling at the heart of the time and a highly welcome alternative to plastic.
The no longer arises me question is: - it should represent no Konkurenz to abacus and co., thus eliminates a certain experimental capability, some of us appreciate.
But I believe it certainly represents a Konkurenz to certain Italian products, especially concerning the sound and the processing.
There is indeed especially a simple and effective operation referred to Wersi now when this key provides (if one in WERSI at all difficult Bdienung can talk of), is tonally I see but clearly superior.
All in all I was, after Dieter Bohlen, positive touches and believe that it finds his lovers, if they have not already ordered

#264816 - 06/08/09 12:20 AM Re: Wersi Pegasus Wings
abacus Offline

Translated via Google from the Austrian Forum, and then reworked by myself to make it clearer, please be aware that I am NOT a professional translator and so there may be slight errors.
Regards

Bill

A super instrument with the sound of the big OAS instruments, easy to play and programmable

* WERSI Pegasus wing
* 10 " Touch-Screen Display
* 76 keys! Semi weighted
* Real Drawbars on the right side for easy use with left or right hand
* 100 Factory of presets, 500 free slots for your own with more via USB or DVD
* 950! Excellent sounds (Not just 10 variations of a piano, but really good sounds), including some from the larger instruments, plus many new sounds specifically for the Pegasus Wing.
* 350 Factory Styles on OAA base
* WAVE, MP3, MIDI
* Latest technology with 16 GB Solid State disk - no rotating mechanical parts - no noise.
*Standard integrated CD/DVD burner!
* MIDI, LINE and USB ports
* Housing, in high-quality metal and still only 17 kg!
*Standard white finish, optional in silver or high-gloss with wood sidewalls
* Prices € 3.990 Inc VAT (Austria)

[This message has been edited by abacus (edited 06-08-2009).]

#264817 - 06/08/09 06:32 AM Re: Wersi Pegasus Wings
abacus Offline

#264818 - 06/08/09 07:22 AM Re: Wersi Pegasus Wings
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Way the go Wersi.

I look forward to drooling over the official spec sheet.

#264819 - 06/08/09 01:35 PM Re: Wersi Pegasus Wings
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
As I said in my previous post “Fingers crossed that Wersi don’t cock it up”

The OAS in the Apollo is completely different from OAS 7 or any other version, so its unlikely that they will ever match up, if anything it will be the other way round, as there are features in the Apollo that are not available in OAS 7.

As to sounds and styles then we will have to wait and see. (If they include Legacy sounds and styles then their doomed)
BTW Styles and sounds are added all the time via free updates, and the number of user slots is updated as and when required.

Anyway we should have more details next week, and we will then be able to see if it cuts the mustard, particularly as its virtually the same price as a Tyros 3 (In spite of negative feedback on forums, and plenty for sale on the used market, the T3 is still the best selling TOTL Arranger out there) and will probably be able to directly play the same styles if required.

IMO however, (Until Roland bring out a new Arranger based on the new Atelier Sound Engine) the Arranger it has to convincingly beat is the Korg PA2x, which IMHO is the best TOTL Arranger out there at the moment. (It may not handle VST but it does take Akai and the rest of it is also stunning)

Regards

Bill

I have been trying to find out, but couldn't find the right info

Could you tell me (or link me) what the main differencess are between the normal OAS7 and the appollo OAS7... (Except for the visualls, because personaly the Appollo one looks way better)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#264820 - 06/08/09 01:43 PM Re: Wersi Pegasus Wings
Bachus Offline

Seems like there is no option to expand the sounds (load ram sounds) and it might not even have the option to load vsti's..

Lets see whats left of the great feautures of OAS when we get more information.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#264821 - 06/08/09 03:53 PM Re: Wersi Pegasus Wings
abacus Offline

Hi Bachus
Here are the Apollo Details.
BTW there is no songbook or OTS in OAS 7, just Total Presets that can be tied into the ACC Presets.
OAS 7 will also not function without an SG card, whereas the Apollo does.
http://www.wersiclub.co.uk/The%20Apollo%20is%20Launched.pdf
http://www.4shared.com/file/110669671/17ee3719/APOLLO.html

#264822 - 06/09/09 05:44 AM Re: Wersi Pegasus Wings
abacus Offline

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online