SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 32 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 31 32 >
Topic Options
#264477 - 06/02/09 02:46 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
John DiLeo Offline

It's really amazing that there is 55 posts mostly BS and only one song has been posted so far, which by the way was excellent but I can't blame Dnj for removing it. I'm only a home player & getting better every day with practice, maybe one day I could participate also.
Can we please stop all the negatives & concentrate on the positives namely the music itself.

#264478 - 06/02/09 03:08 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
The eJam runs for a month, in fact has only been running what, three days or so... perhaps getting impatient so early in the process is BS in and of itself..?

Don't like the thread discourse? Easy fix. Post your song, and don't come back for a month. Problem solved.

#264479 - 06/02/09 03:14 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Quote:
Originally posted by John DiLeo:
It's really amazing that there is 55 posts mostly BS and only one song has been posted so far, which by the way was excellent but I can't blame Dnj for removing it. I'm only a home player & getting better every day with practice, maybe one day I could participate also.
Can we please stop all the negatives & concentrate on the positives namely the music itself.

Actually, there were two...Donny's and Fred...

The biggest negative took his song and went home, so as I said in a recent/positive posting, we welcome submissions from anyone and everyone...

John, don't underestimate your skills...we welcome people of all levels to submit stuff.

If you have the means to record something, you should work up something and share it. If you need a place to host the song, there's several different options we can direct you to.

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#264480 - 06/02/09 03:23 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
Dnj Offline

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 06-02-2009).]

#264481 - 06/02/09 03:24 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
Bill in Dayton Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
So you would rather work on an attractive woman than a tune for our eJam?

Where's your dedication, where's your competitive spirit, where's your creative spark? (where's your little blue pills?!)

Any chance my wife and I have to spend time together, we're taking...

The tune is ready to go, if I could just not screw up the recording process in the little spare time I have, it'd be posted already, lol...

No little blue pills for me...(at least not yet!)

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#264482 - 06/02/09 03:40 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
Bill in Dayton Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
I stand corrected Bill, too bad Fred had to be subjected to all this hoopla BS also.
have fun.

Hmmm, I could see how John DiLeo could stand corrected, not sure how you would be "corrected."

Remarkable to me that you could even hit enter after typing those particular words about "hoopla BS."

If you don't want to participate in this thread in the way you were praised for when your song was still available, that's fine. I don't agree with it, but its your choice.

At least have enough class to not return to this thread and post smart ass comments that are insulting to all of us.

This is the second degrading, put down type posting you've posted towards anyone continuing to participate.

...and you cite hoopla/bs?

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#264483 - 06/02/09 05:19 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
Bill in Dayton Offline

Well, here it is...

The Nearness of You...
http://www.billcorfield.com/NEARNESS.mp3

Details:

Performed on a Tyros 1, using an Orchestral Jazz Ballad style. Piano was main instrument, strings were instrument #2 and I used a Fluglehorn for the front half of the solo section.

Key of F at 72 bpm...

Vocal mic was an AKG Perception 220..

Recorded on a Tascam DP-01...

Ran lines out from a Behringer PMX2000 box mixer into the two inputs of the Tascam.

I am not comfortable recording stuff. Not from a performance perspective, but from the technical end of things. In my headphones, the mix sounded perfect, but on my mp3 players, the vocal wasn't loud enough...on my computer speakers, I thought it was a tad too loud...

Overall I thought it wasn't loud enough. Not sure how to address that in the recording process though...

Maybe if I just decided to record a different song every day...The routine would become second hand to me and it wouldn't bug me...

I'm also not convinced that the AKG mic gives me any significantly better results than my Sen 855e or one of my Sure's for that matter. I could swear I hear some very slight phasing or something that could be the mic picking up some signal leaking out of my headphones. This mic is picking up cars, lawn mowers, the cat meowing around the house...lol...

Oh well...I think I've covered the bases on how I did this...Cass, thanks for helping me learn a new song...I'd never heard of it until you listed it.

Enjoy everyone...

------------------
Bill in Dayton

[This message has been edited by Bill in Dayton (edited 06-02-2009).]

#264484 - 06/02/09 06:17 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Enjoy? Definitely. That's fantastic! Very warm and with feeling. The solos were simple, straight ahead and pleasant. That definitely beat anything VS had to offer between periods. Thank you very much.

Now I wish I could go back and listen to Donny's for my own personal enjoyment and comparison, but...

I'm really glad I'm doing a different song - all three of you have set the bar pretty high. I'm so glad we're doing this.

#264485 - 06/02/09 06:29 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
You can find Donny's entry up on his site http://www.donnypesce.com/songs.htm any time you want to listen to it. Donny didn't create this for the eJam, you simply picked something he had already done quite a while back.

Not that there's ANYTHING wrong with that...

(Hey, did I just re-enter Donny in the jam? )

#264486 - 06/02/09 07:12 PM Re: ANNOUNCING the first SZ eJAM
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Bill.....
Very nice, soothing, lounge rendition.
Eddie

Page 6 of 32 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 31 32 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online