SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11 >
Topic Options
#264226 - 05/25/09 05:09 PM Re: BOSE L1 Compact the ULTIMATE NURSING HOME GIG Speaker?
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Steve after seiing & reading this review.. I might just pick one up and try it for my self....it has it's limits .....and thats the way I intend to use it nothing more as I have Big Guns for that kind of gig....so It could just be an easy to transport & setup very good coverage NH/small application rig ....

Donny, it's got my attention for the portability factor. Love the ez lightweight set up.

#264227 - 05/25/09 06:44 PM Re: BOSE L1 Compact the ULTIMATE NURSING HOME GIG Speaker?
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Stephen,
I am totally satisfied with the performance of the Bose Compact. I have used it now at 7 gigs and it has yet to under perform for the room or the situation. I am very pleased with the portability and have put my Bose Classic L1 up for sale.

For my needs the two Compacts will work very well. I am curious about Mikey's comment about clipping because I ran my Compact from my keyboard full out playing preset styles, midi files, and WAV files and it never distorted at all.

Hammer

#264228 - 05/25/09 06:50 PM Re: BOSE L1 Compact the ULTIMATE NURSING HOME GIG Speaker?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenm52:

Donny, it's got my attention for the portability factor. Love the ez lightweight set up.

Steve for what you do it could be "PERFECT"

#264229 - 05/25/09 09:08 PM Re: BOSE L1 Compact the ULTIMATE NURSING HOME GIG Speaker?
Songman55 Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD USA
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dnj:
[B]Oh Boy glad today was a holiday today & I was gigging & didnt go shopping......after reading into this from Mikey maybe the Bose compact isn't the bees knees after all & is really just a guitar man's rig.......maybe Fran was right as usual.
I will still try the compact in the store with my Kb full bore anyway just to be sure.. I can't believe it's that bad & tinny if I heard that in a store I'd be all over the saleman idiot to let me EQ the unit as they mostly know squat.....

Hi Donny,

Keep me posted as to what you find. With all this discussion, my interest has been peaked. Let me know what you think. I do a lot of NH jobs.

Thanks,

Joe

------------------
Songman55
Joe Ayala

#264230 - 05/25/09 10:31 PM Re: BOSE L1 Compact the ULTIMATE NURSING HOME GIG Speaker?
mikey_maestro Offline

Loc: San Tan Valley, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Mikey,
My first impression of my Bose Comapact was that is was really bright - almost tinny as you suggested. After I messing around with my keyboard EQ it really sounded pretty darn good. I think that is one of the drawbacks of the unit - if you can't EQ the input it is really bright - but crystal clear.

Hammer

the only thing i heard was the way the salesman set it for some customers that were asking questions. I have no idea how he had it tonematched. I'm sure with some tweaking it can be improved. I just thought it seemed a little overpriced compared with the L1 model 1I understand your paying a premium for the portability.

I'm not bashing i promise. I'd consider one for my preschol gigs in the classroom.I'd love to compare all the other systems in it's class.

------------------
God Bless,
Mikey

www.mikeymaestro.com
www.myspace.com/kidconcert
www.balloonanimal.com
www.jokevid.com
www.youtube.com/kidconcert

#264231 - 05/26/09 05:40 AM Re: BOSE L1 Compact the ULTIMATE NURSING HOME GIG Speaker?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Songman55:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dnj:
[B]Oh Boy glad today was a holiday today & I was gigging & didnt go shopping......after reading into this from Mikey maybe the Bose compact isn't the bees knees after all & is really just a guitar man's rig.......maybe Fran was right as usual.
I will still try the compact in the store with my Kb full bore anyway just to be sure.. I can't believe it's that bad & tinny if I heard that in a store I'd be all over the saleman idiot to let me EQ the unit as they mostly know squat.....

Hi Donny,

Keep me posted as to what you find. With all this discussion, my interest has been peaked. Let me know what you think. I do a lot of NH jobs.

Thanks,

Joe

Joe no problem....Ill let you know in a day or two for sure....

#264232 - 05/26/09 05:41 AM Re: BOSE L1 Compact the ULTIMATE NURSING HOME GIG Speaker?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mikey_maestro:
the only thing I heard was the way the salesman set it..

I rest my case!

#264233 - 05/26/09 06:02 AM Re: BOSE L1 Compact the ULTIMATE NURSING HOME GIG Speaker?
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Can anyone comment on the construction/durability of these things? If they were knocked over from a extended set up position, how would they fare?

The L1's are pretty solid...but the quality of material in construction certainly effects overall weight.

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#264234 - 05/26/09 06:08 AM Re: BOSE L1 Compact the ULTIMATE NURSING HOME GIG Speaker?
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Steve for what you do it could be "PERFECT"

That's what I was thinking and based on Bose connection I have could be something to really consider.

Quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Stephen,
I am totally satisfied with the performance of the Bose Compact. I have used it now at 7 gigs and it has yet to under perform for the room or the situation. I am very pleased with the portability and have put my Bose Classic L1 up for sale.

For my needs the two Compacts will work very well. I am curious about Mikey's comment about clipping because I ran my Compact from my keyboard full out playing preset styles, midi files, and WAV files and it never distorted at all.

Hammer

Hammer primarily play the same type venues you do. I know the L1 Classic can be overkill for those 30 to 50 person medium size rooms but the sound dispersion works well, yea I'm thinking.............

#264235 - 05/26/09 06:15 AM Re: BOSE L1 Compact the ULTIMATE NURSING HOME GIG Speaker?
Dnj Offline

I'll be shopping this after noon after my gig.....could have one here tonight....
I also noticed now Sweetwater & Musicians Friend & GC are selling them online also.

Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online