Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#263929 - 05/21/09 11:51 AM Ketron Audya Party Styles
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA

#263930 - 05/21/09 12:09 PM Re: Ketron Audya Party Styles
Tryggve Offline

Loc: Sweden
Thank you for that! I like when you just show the styles. I am waiting for my Audya,
It sells a lot her in Sweden.
//Tryggve

#263931 - 05/21/09 12:12 PM Re: Ketron Audya Party Styles
leezone Offline

Frank,

thanks for putting the time,

it's great that you've managed to showcase SO MANY styles,

thanks again for your efforts....

#263932 - 05/21/09 12:15 PM Re: Ketron Audya Party Styles
leezone Offline

this is stuff KETRON should be doing,
giving us video of LOTS of styles,

NOT someone jamming for 5 minutes on 1 style, or playing a duet to see who has faster fingers ;-)

#263933 - 05/21/09 01:54 PM Re: Ketron Audya Party Styles
leezone Offline

Frank,

finish this off with a nice LATIN mix of styles,

thanks

#263934 - 05/21/09 02:13 PM Re: Ketron Audya Party Styles
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Tryggve:
It sells a lot her in Sweden...

Really?? Even if it's a "unfinished beta test version"?
Nah, that you have to wait, is probably because they
only get 1 at the time, shipped by Taxi.
You have to wait for the 2nd one to arrive.

Anyway, nice styledemos Frank, keep 'em comin'
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#263935 - 05/21/09 04:42 PM Re: Ketron Audya Party Styles
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Chicken or the egg again, I'm afraid... If I were doing a schlager gig in Bavaria, most of these styles would be perfect. But there's little here that screams 'USA'! Or 'Under 30' There's a definite European slant to all the styles, and that's OK... after all, that's where it is made. But if you want the US market to open up to this in a big way, it's going to need a fair bit of work to sound a bit less hokey.

Or it will be relegated to retirees (and those that play for them!), which ain't exactly a HUGE market over here. The American arranger market won't grow unless American music can be performed well on them (and I don't mean pastiche 50's & 60's stuff). Let's put it this way. No-one is going to play something that doesn't suit their music in the hope that, in the future, sometime maybe, whenever, it WILL be better suited for you... They are going to buy what suits them NOW.

Imagine the howls of protest (and loss of sales) in Europe (and here!) if Japanese arrangers had primarily styles in them that suited the Japanese market. But they know better than that. If any manufacturer wants to grow the American market, they are going to have to develop styles for them that don't sound so European. It is as big a mistake to think these OUGHT to work over here as it would be for Casio to think that Enka OUGHT to work in Europe.

A LOT of European music is BASED on originally American forms... jazz, blues, rock, hiphop, etc.. But what it turns into over there is no more American than Enka... If Ketron want to GROW the American market, rather than just tread water, and sell what sounds essentially like a European product to more than those already playing this kind of stuff (primarily by or to the elderly ), they need to make a bunch of styles for us. Not Bavarians, trying to sound a BIT like us!

#263936 - 05/21/09 04:52 PM Re: Ketron Audya Party Styles
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
BRAVO!!! BRAVO!! Diki!

#263937 - 05/21/09 11:57 PM Re: Ketron Audya Party Styles
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
A big question is if it's going to be any "addon library" to download,
and if any 3rd part stylefactories (like i.e. MidiSpot) going to create
something more suitable for the different needs around the world.
Also, will the addonstyles sound and play as like the rest already in
the Audya, or is it just going to use the midisets?
Finally, already some SD and other stuff available, will that load and
play reasonable good sounding, and what about when it comes to editing,
same nightmare as SD1?

Guess we have to wait and see, after all, it's just a Beta Test product
as stated out by more than one post. I tend to believe that it is true,
or .....

Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#263938 - 05/22/09 01:27 AM Re: Ketron Audya Party Styles
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Chicken or the egg again, I'm afraid... If I were doing a schlager gig in Bavaria, most of these styles would be perfect. But there's little here that screams 'USA'! Or 'Under 30' There's a definite European slant to all the styles, and that's OK... after all, that's where it is made. But if you want the US market to open up to this in a big way, it's going to need a fair bit of work to sound a bit less hokey.

Or it will be relegated to retirees (and those that play for them!), which ain't exactly a HUGE market over here. The American arranger market won't grow unless American music can be performed well on them (and I don't mean pastiche 50's & 60's stuff). Let's put it this way. No-one is going to play something that doesn't suit their music in the hope that, in the future, sometime maybe, whenever, it WILL be better suited for you... They are going to buy what suits them NOW.

Imagine the howls of protest (and loss of sales) in Europe (and here!) if Japanese arrangers had primarily styles in them that suited the Japanese market. But they know better than that. If any manufacturer wants to grow the American market, they are going to have to develop styles for them that don't sound so European. It is as big a mistake to think these OUGHT to work over here as it would be for Casio to think that Enka OUGHT to work in Europe.

A LOT of European music is BASED on originally American forms... jazz, blues, rock, hiphop, etc.. But what it turns into over there is no more American than Enka... If Ketron want to GROW the American market, rather than just tread water, and sell what sounds essentially like a European product to more than those already playing this kind of stuff (primarily by or to the elderly ), they need to make a bunch of styles for us. Not Bavarians, trying to sound a BIT like us!

Good points. The only problem is from the manufacturer's view point is that if they make the styles is there any evidence to suggest that Americans would buy the arranger. At least in numbers to cover the cost of making the styles. It is the same type of argument that Yamaha probably is making regarding a 76 key arranger. Is there any evidence to suggest that persons would buy a 76 key arranger? In both cases, the manufacturers are asking is it wirth their time and money to do something where they claim not to have evidence that it would benifit them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online