SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#263683 - 05/17/09 06:02 PM Yamaha Styles - The Multifinger & Fingered Modes demo
Dnj Offline

#263684 - 05/17/09 09:32 PM Re: Yamaha Styles - The Multifinger & Fingered Modes demo
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
As complicated as it gets trying to get ALL the chords you need in Multi Finger Mode, might as well just learn your chords the right way from the start, IMO.

I must confess, unless you are content to simply play One finger Chord's limited palette forever, it's probably best to learn Full Fingered chords right from the start, or you have to 'un-learn' some of the One Finger stuff before you can move on... especially that bit about playing the seventh UNDER the root for a 7th chord... (probably a bunch more, but I simply don't know OFS too well )

Would anyone that has made the transition care to comment?

#263685 - 05/17/09 09:42 PM Re: Yamaha Styles - The Multifinger & Fingered Modes demo
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
As complicated as it gets trying to get ALL the chords you need in Multi Finger Mode, might as well just learn your chords the right way from the start, IMO.

I must confess, unless you are content to simply play One finger Chord's limited palette forever, it's probably best to learn Full Fingered chords right from the start, or you have to 'un-learn' some of the One Finger stuff before you can move on... especially that bit about playing the seventh UNDER the root for a 7th chord... (probably a bunch more, but I simply don't know OFS too well )

Would anyone that has made the transition care to comment?

I don;t think anyone who actually earns money playing plays with the cryptic chords used for one finger playing. Very limiting....
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#263686 - 05/18/09 01:13 AM Re: Yamaha Styles - The Multifinger & Fingered Modes demo
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
I am aware of players that use the one finger system that play out. They actually use ALL 4 chords

#263687 - 05/18/09 04:30 AM Re: Yamaha Styles - The Multifinger & Fingered Modes demo
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I know of several arranger users who use single finger chording...they are usually singer/guitar players that want to use the arranger for making their own SMF to use in their Karaoke performances, or gigs.

#263688 - 05/19/09 11:43 PM Re: Yamaha Styles - The Multifinger & Fingered Modes demo
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Don't shoot me, but I have the impression even Michel Voncken plays something like multifinger chords in his videos. It has to do with the way he puts his hands on the keyboard.
Maybe I am wrong, anyone can check?

#263689 - 05/20/09 02:09 AM Re: Yamaha Styles - The Multifinger & Fingered Modes demo
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Maybe he has to deal with supplied arrangers for demos all the time, and Yamaha make Multi Finger Mode as the default?

I am sure no-one doubts that he COULD use full Fingered, On Bass mode if he needed flexibility and choice though. This is what worries me though, newbies learning the shortcuts then it hampering them when they want to progress. I can pretty much guarantee that Vonken didn't learn OFS first...

#263690 - 05/20/09 02:27 AM Re: Yamaha Styles - The Multifinger & Fingered Modes demo
Dnj Offline

Your playing an Arranger KB, it's all automatically generated by the operator in some fashion & people are Bravadoly worried about HOW it's done....multi, fingered, or One fingered chords....what's the difference?, what matters is what it sounds like in the end result period.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 05-20-2009).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online