SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#263261 - 05/15/09 06:23 PM Re: Speaking of poor warranty support
Beakybird Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Dave is right..take care of your cables and they will take care of your music..

I am using the same 4 Rapco 20 foot cables for 25 years..

I also use a pair of 2 foot DiMarzio "Super shield" cables (the heaviest duty cables I have ever seen)..also 25 years..

I also have an assorted collection of Beldon "pro" custom cables..

Take care of your equipment..that includes keyboards and sound equipment...you will get a better return on your investment...

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 05-15-2009).]

I do take care of my cables. I just plug them in, unplug them, and wrap them up and throw them in a bag when I'm done.

Whenever the nursing home residents start chewing on my cables, I always tell them to stop, so I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

Beakybird

#263262 - 05/16/09 06:00 AM Re: Speaking of poor warranty support
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Beakybird:
I do take care of my cables. I just plug them in, unplug them, and wrap them up and throw them in a bag when I'm done.

Whenever the nursing home residents start chewing on my cables, I always tell them to stop, so I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

Beakybird

Please tell me which nursing homes you play at so I'll be sure to avoid them.

But seriously, how do you wind your cables? Hopefully you are not an 'over the thumb and under the elbow' winder; this is a cable killer. If I'm telling you something you already know I apologize. But the way I have always wrapped my cables is by looping them into a about a 6" circle making sure that as I wrap, the cable is looping in its natural direction. Then I meticulously stack them in my cord case. I also keep a cloth in the case for the purpose of wiping down any cables that do happen to get stepped on, or a drink spilled on, etc. Only use water to moisten the cloth though, moist towelettes have alcohol and other things that can damage the cable covering over time.

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
LearnMyKeyboard
JazzItUp Band

#263263 - 05/17/09 07:42 PM Re: Speaking of poor warranty support
Beakybird Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by WDMcM:
Please tell me which nursing homes you play at so I'll be sure to avoid them.

But seriously, how do you wind your cables? Hopefully you are not an 'over the thumb and under the elbow' winder; this is a cable killer. If I'm telling you something you already know I apologize. But the way I have always wrapped my cables is by looping them into a about a 6" circle making sure that as I wrap, the cable is looping in its natural direction. Then I meticulously stack them in my cord case. I also keep a cloth in the case for the purpose of wiping down any cables that do happen to get stepped on, or a drink spilled on, etc. Only use water to moisten the cloth though, moist towelettes have alcohol and other things that can damage the cable covering over time.

OK. I'm coming out of the closet. I wrap cables around my hand and elbow. I didn't realize all of the harm I was doing. I'm ruining my life. But I'm addicted! How do I learn the right way? Is there any kind of rehab? I might as well quit music and flip burgers.

Beakybird

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online