SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 13 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13 >
Topic Options
#262662 - 05/10/09 05:13 PM Re: First Report on My New Bose L1 Compact
ViLo Offline

Loc: Dallas Tx., USA
Does the the COmpact L1 works without the Tone match? can it be hooked to a mixer?

Thanks

#262663 - 05/10/09 05:16 PM Re: First Report on My New Bose L1 Compact
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Yes, the Compact works great without the tonematch and yes it can be hooked up to a mixer.

Hammer

#262664 - 05/10/09 05:31 PM Re: First Report on My New Bose L1 Compact
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by ViLo:Does the the COmpact L1 works without the Tone match? can it be hooked to a mixer?

Yes, it works with or without the T1 and can be used with a mixer.

I have a Compact and the T1 ToneMatch coming in this week. Hope to report on it by next weekend.

Glenn

#262665 - 05/10/09 06:10 PM Re: First Report on My New Bose L1 Compact
ViLo Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Yes, the Compact works great without the tonematch and yes it can be hooked up to a mixer.

Hammer

Thanks Guys

Well, I'm getting old and I'm looking for something very light for my solo playing, I usually sing with soundtracks but I use an arranger from time to time, altough I don't have an arranger rigth now[sold the S700].

By the way I'm still looking for an S900 used, I got a few bucks saved so if anybody has a used one shoot me an e-mail or let me know here.

Thanks

#262666 - 05/10/09 06:15 PM Re: First Report on My New Bose L1 Compact
ViLo Offline

Quote:

Hammer

Thanks

Hummm........so if I run the keyboard to a mixer in stereo and then from the mixer to the Compact L1, would I be OK, as far as the stereo sound its concerned?

The comments I read here are that the Yammie arrangers don't work well in Mono, so............

#262667 - 05/11/09 08:31 AM Re: First Report on My New Bose L1 Compact
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ViLo:
Thanks

Hummm........so if I run the keyboard to a mixer in stereo and then from the mixer to the Compact L1, would I be OK, as far as the stereo sound its concerned?

The comments I read here are that the Yammie arrangers don't work well in Mono, so............

Vilo your stereo feed from your mixer will be summed into a Mono signal thru the Bose. You would need two Bose units top have true stereo, .. There also could be some phase cancelation issues also. If you do a search here you can read posts on this problem.
Good Luck

#262668 - 05/11/09 10:12 AM Re: First Report on My New Bose L1 Compact
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by GlennT:
Yes, it works with or without the T1 and can be used with a mixer.

I have a Compact and the T1 ToneMatch coming in this week. Hope to report on it by next weekend.

Glenn

Make sure you get the PS for the Tone Match. The Compact does NOT have th standard T1 Input.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#262669 - 05/13/09 01:23 PM Re: First Report on My New Bose L1 Compact
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Today I hooked up both my Compact L1 speakers and tried them out together. The pictures show how I had them located. The room is very small - about 10 by 12 - a dinning room actually.

I played several Tiajana Brass MP3s converted to WAV files from my keyboard and the stereo effect was pretty awesome. I then played several midi files both commercial and some of my own and the stereo effect was noticably less. Then I played for about 2 hours - just stuff I normally play at gigs.

I played with just one L1 connected to the L/R output, just one L1 connected to the L only output, and finally one L1 connected to both L/R and R outputs using a combo gadget going into the L1. Well, let me tell you, the difference between two of them each connected to it's own output and only one of them connected to two outputs using a combo gadget is remarkable. The sound with two really fills out and is better than I expected it to be. I can't wait to try them both at my gig tomorrow.

I'll know more tomorrow after my gig - then again Friday I play 2 gigs so I should have a good feeling if it is worth the extra money. Right now I am guessing I am big trouble with the wife - two Compacts really rock.

Hammer

#262670 - 05/13/09 01:34 PM Re: First Report on My New Bose L1 Compact
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
The Bose Compact concept sounds intriguing. At one point I thought I needed stereo, but I found that it’s no longer important for me. I made the rounds over the years – Toa, Peavey, Mackie, Genz-Benz, JBL, et al. For my money, the Bose L1 with a B1 produces the best sound. Portability may be a different story. For small venues, I went back to a couple of Barbetta Sona 31’s with a Barbetta SE 32 for back up. Actually I’ve been able to use just one Sona 31 for my restaurant gigs – that’s portability. I would really be interested in hearing how Donny or someone that performs boards and vocals feels about the compact Bose.
Ciao,
Jerry

#262671 - 05/13/09 01:53 PM Re: First Report on My New Bose L1 Compact
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:

I
Well, let me tell you, the difference between two of them each connected to it's own output and only one of them connected to two outputs using a combo gadget is remarkable. The sound with two really fills out and is better than I expected it to be. I can't wait to try them both at my gig tomorrow.

Hammer

I had a good feeling you would be impressed with the sound, Hammer...I have a friend who is very interested in getting two Compacts and he'll be glad to hear your findings.

Ian

Page 6 of 13 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online