SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#262540 - 05/04/09 09:08 PM AJ is asking for our input/suggestions on AUDYA over on Ketron forum...
leezone Offline

the Topic title: "Now that the AUDYA has been officially released ... "

so let's all let him know what we want...

#262541 - 05/05/09 12:33 AM Re: AJ is asking for our input/suggestions on AUDYA over on Ketron forum...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Realistic pricing?

#262542 - 05/05/09 06:30 AM Re: AJ is asking for our input/suggestions on AUDYA over on Ketron forum...
Dnj Offline

They should of asked before the designed the Audya not now.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 05-05-2009).]

#262543 - 05/05/09 01:12 PM Re: AJ is asking for our input/suggestions on AUDYA over on Ketron forum...
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Wrong time to ask.

#262544 - 05/05/09 01:20 PM Re: AJ is asking for our input/suggestions on AUDYA over on Ketron forum...
leezone Offline

IF only Ketron had asked us BEFORE the AUDYA was designed & built, THEN we may have had that ultimate TOTL arranger we've been wanting.

AND THEN, maybe it would be worth the $5,000+

but that would have made way too much sense wouldn't it?

#262545 - 05/05/09 02:22 PM Re: AJ is asking for our input/suggestions on AUDYA over on Ketron forum...
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Not, it would be ok but not 5000$, try 15000$.

#262546 - 05/05/09 03:22 PM Re: AJ is asking for our input/suggestions on AUDYA over on Ketron forum...
mc Offline

Loc: New York
I think that AJ did a survey a few years ago on synthzone when there was talk of replacing the SD1.

#262547 - 05/05/09 03:31 PM Re: AJ is asking for our input/suggestions on AUDYA over on Ketron forum...
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I don't see ANY indication that Ketron and the new US distributor have done ANYTHING right.

To ask for input now is like an old saying around here..."The horse has left the barn".

Don't know why a nice guy like George Kaye puts up with such foolishness.

How sad!

Russ

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 05-05-2009).]

#262548 - 05/05/09 06:40 PM Re: AJ is asking for our input/suggestions on AUDYA over on Ketron forum...
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Panel layout and physical connectors are too late to fix, but pretty much everything else is software...

Personally, I think they are asking for feedback too EARLY, not too late. Hardly anyone has even PLAYED one, let alone found out what the 'gotchas' are. I wouldn't think that anyone is in any position to make any constructive suggestions that Ketron ARE capable of fixing.

It is pretty obvious that if Ketron COULD stream the guitar parts, and generate more chord choices for the live audio part, they would have already done it. I presume the hardware is incapable of doing more. Makes sense to me, anyway...

Same deal with the RAM for the sampler. I imagine a redesign and build will be necessary before that bottleneck gets fixed (and the needed USB2 gets added).

And the fills (or pickups, whatever) at the ends of Variations must be a design philosophy, and tough to fix without rerecording all the drum loops again...

No, at the moment, I'm not sure exactly WHAT we could tell Ketron that would be of any use for a software fix. Maybe if they are hard at work on the Audya2, but realistically, they are probably focused on bugfixes and software things for the Audya1 right now... And more people are going to need to play and own one before the requested feedback has much value.

A full manual, the editors for styles and sounds, and software to import your own audio drum loops, etc. ought to be the primary focus of the R&D team, at the moment, IMO. Finish it first, before you start work on improvements

#262549 - 05/06/09 06:19 AM Re: AJ is asking for our input/suggestions on AUDYA over on Ketron forum...
Rule Offline

I don't know is this official asking for AJ (why didn't he ask for suggestions ) but I will tell my opinion again on this forum. I am using Audya for about 4 months , and also I've been using Ketron/Solton keyboard since Solton TS4K or something (I can't remember it was about 1991) , then MS 50 , MS 100 , X1, SD1 , SD1+ and finally Audya . So I am familiar with Ketron and I would like to tell something about Audya . First of all I was surprised with new sound,I mean Live Drums,it is great, but when I start to use it I found that there is no more software inside like EDIT PATTERN and SEQUENCER for editing MIDI files . This is for me the biggest problem because I am using about 50 my own made patterns. Then I found the problem with Drum2 when change patterns and midi files from SD1 to Audya , now it's not compatible , so without software I can't fix it.So I am not interesting (as my opinion) about some new styles that will come with new update (2.0), a styles from east or south Africa or China or anywhere else, but give me the option that I can create Styles all by myself, the Styles that will be useful for music that I am playing.This is the point , and not to wait what will your programmers create.
I think in Audya is too much useless Live drums and grooves.I can read on this forum that many people is asking for more modern styles and I can agree with them but put in Audya more modern Live drums.I also found the problem with creating a sample sounds, Audya can't recognize them. I would like to use my Live drums but can anyone explain how to use it.
Also is it possible to mix between Styles and Midi files without pause in a live gigs.I think this is useful when playing Midi files and it is going to the end but I would like to go on so I would like to go to the Styles without making a pause.I am waiting for this option since I am using (sometimes) a Midi files.
And finally about some bugs : in Live drum HOUSE 132 there is some huge error , when I am playing in live gigs sometimes there is such mess and confusion with midi drum and Live drum (they both come to contra playing) I mean they are not synchronised, absolutely useless live drum and I'd like to use it mostly of all for dance music.
that's all for now

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online