SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#262394 - 05/01/09 05:41 PM Re: Audya has landed (finally...)
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
Well, Fran, from watching most of the demo video's, I definitely see a LOT more button pushing than playing compared to anything else out there...

Personally, with a touch screen, I prefer far fewer buttons on the panel, basically only those you need to play. I just don't know, at a glance (all you have time for, live), how much information you could glean from over FIFTY LED buttons... and that's just the LEFT side of the MS...

Just how much of that is realtime function control? Because, I don't know about you, but if I need to learn fifty buttons just on my left side to control an arranger, something is seriously out of whack!

There is such a thing as informational overload... and the MS has it in spades! Look at all those other arrangers. Look at your G70. Then look at the MS... How come everybody else manages the task with FAR fewer buttons? Because they are designed by people that actually PLAY music. Not write code - we've already heard how abysmal Dom's choice of demo-ers are - stands to reason he must play worse than them I just don't see how any real player would think that that kind of informational overload is any real use, live...

Touch screens allow you to bury non-realtime functions away from view in a live situation, and allow you to place controls where they are easy to get to, easy to see, and easy to activate in the heat of performance. The more buttons clustered close together, the greater the risk of hitting the wrong one...

And, from watching those MS demos, I haven't YET seen any performance videos where the performer looked comfortable selecting what they needed. I know it would scare me, and I'm a button junkie.

Sometimes, you CAN have too much of a good thing...

#262395 - 05/01/09 05:44 PM Re: Audya has landed (finally...)
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Frank's a dealer. You don't honestly expect him to pan it, do you?

Diki, it doesn't sound like you've purchased anything from Frank. I have been doing business with him the last 3 years. Despite the fact he is a dealer he's actually discouraged me from making certain purchases brand/models etc. he didn't think I'd be happy with. On one occasion I made a buy anyway, he was right I wasn't happy with it. I don't think you'll find a more honest business man than him, at least I haven't. I have enough confidence in him as a dealer that I recently sent non SZ musician friend of mine whose been gigging 45 years to buy a PA588 from Frank. My buddy's comment was he never met a more accomdating music dealer. So would he pan it if he didn't think it a great piece of equipment, I think he'd shoot you an honest answer, bottom line he's a no BS guy. END OF STORY

#262396 - 05/01/09 05:57 PM Re: Audya has landed (finally...)
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
Well, as hard as these things seem to be for a dealer to even GET and place in his store, I'm not sure that pissing off the distributor with a less than glowing review would be good business sense... Perhaps privately he might acknowledge things, but publicly, at the start of the product's launch?

But OK, I'll take your word...

Dish it, Frank! In fact, maybe he'd be the FIRST to post the unplugged guitar audio loop test we have all been waiting to hear (seeing as how Ketron seem determined to NOT post it). Play a wide variety of chords on the unplugged guitar track, and let us finally hear how well the MIDI takes over from the audio track when you have sus, dim and aug chords in a song.

OK, OK, I know he wouldn't be the FIRST to post this, but seeing as mrdave's posted example was shouted down as 'it's a beta, it's going to sound better than that' yada yada yada, how about doing it on a production model? I know I for one would be fascinated to hear if the 'beta' excuse was anything more than hot air...

#262397 - 05/01/09 09:38 PM Re: Audya has landed (finally...)
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Frank is a good man...

#262398 - 05/02/09 12:07 PM Re: Audya has landed (finally...)
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Diki,

I can get frustrated with many of your post because you always come across with negativity, particularily when it comes to Audya.

Have you ever read Dale Carnegie's book ?

[This message has been edited by DanO1 (edited 05-02-2009).]

#262399 - 05/02/09 01:14 PM Re: Audya has landed (finally...)
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Dale Carnegie is buying an Audya?

#262400 - 05/02/09 01:30 PM Re: Audya has landed (finally...)
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Never mind Ian.....just pay attention!!!!..

#262401 - 05/02/09 01:41 PM Re: Audya has landed (finally...)
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Why, is Dale going to demonstrate how badly the audio guitar mixes with the midi sound?

#262402 - 05/02/09 01:45 PM Re: Audya has landed (finally...)
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Why, is Dale going to demonstrate how badly the audio guitar mixes with the midi sound?

You do know...Dale died in 1955....

#262403 - 05/02/09 02:07 PM Re: Audya has landed (finally...)
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Frank,
Have you had time yet to give the Audya a goog work out? I am interested in what your overall thoughts are going to be keeping in mind the price.

By the way guys, I have done business with Frank and George and have to say they are pretty up front about the equipment they sell. I have yet to be given bad advice by either of them.

Hammer

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online