SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#262232 - 04/28/09 02:46 PM Giggin with Ketron Audya
twiceduo Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hey

I was thinking, Am I the first one in the world who was on job with the Audya.
Anyway last week was the first time giggin with the keyboard, and it was super, the audince look up and keep on telling me it sound like real live music. I am very happy that I
went buy it, it might be the best keyboard I ever played.
Of couse it need some update there bug now, but in sounds like a band, so the price is high, but the value is even higher.
Sorry for my bad english

#262233 - 04/28/09 02:53 PM Re: Giggin with Ketron Audya
twiceduo Offline

I forgot to tell you, I have a Tyros 3 and a Roland Fantom G7

I think the Tyros 3 is a good keyboard to, its solo sound in the right hand is super, but on the style side, it cant beat the Audya IMO.

Before I get the Audya I was giggin with the Tyros 3 and the Fantom G7, but now I think the Fantom G7 only stay in my studio.

#262234 - 04/28/09 04:10 PM Re: Giggin with Ketron Audya
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Before the Audya's price is worth what they ask for it, I would expect the RH sounds to dominate Yamaha as much as the style section does. Otherwise, it is one step forward, one step back, and hence maybe a similar price...

Can you tell us a bit more about what kind of music you do, what percentage of your show is styles, SMF's and MP3's to help us better understand how you use your Audya? Got any converted styles yet? Or third party? Or are you doinf the gig 100% ROM styles?

I'm just not sure that losing quality RH voices to get a better rhythm section is what I would do... If you were only taking ONE keyboard to a gig (if you had to give up those T3 sounds), would you still be as satisfied with the Audya?

#262235 - 04/28/09 04:34 PM Re: Giggin with Ketron Audya
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
You know Diki, you are right on point here. EVERY time I take out my T3 to a gig I get rave comments about it's sound. I doubt anyone is really listening much to the "left hand" side of the sound except the few musicians I run across once in awhile. I might spring for a Audya but it would only be for tax purposes. It would make a great deduction against income purchase. I wonder if the price will drop over time?

Hammer

Hammer

#262236 - 04/28/09 06:44 PM Re: Giggin with Ketron Audya
Dnj Offline

http://www.twiceduo.dk/

Nice website good luck to you

#262237 - 04/28/09 08:49 PM Re: Giggin with Ketron Audya
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by twiceduo:
..... Of couse it need some update there bug now, but in sounds like a band, so the price is high, but the value is even higher...

Først, gratulerer med din nye Audya.

Sounds like a band, yeah, that's what I like regarding Ketron keyboards.
High price you say, would you please tell us what price to pay in Denmark?
Here you have to pay more than 50.000, and "ordinary" price is 60.000,-.

Cheers
GJ

Btw, nice website.
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#262238 - 04/29/09 02:12 AM Re: Giggin with Ketron Audya
twiceduo Offline

Thanks for reply.

Gunnar: the price in Denmark is 33.000 kr. the same as
5829.00 $.

Dikki: I dont say that the right hand sound on the Audya sound bad, some sound better than the Tyros 3 like the Piano sound, El piano, some Sax sound and trumpet sound, it is only IMO.
My music style is Pop - rock - Jazz
I use the onboard style for Dinner music. For the dance music I record at my studio all the instrument and mix a stereo wave file. The wave file is played by the Tyros 3 Wave record when on job, and we played along with it.

#262239 - 04/29/09 05:29 AM Re: Giggin with Ketron Audya
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
That's an awful lot of money for an MP3 player (OK, .wav )...

So apparently, not only does it not beat Yamaha across the board (some better, some worse is still a push, IMO), but it's dance styles aren't good enough for you?

Wish I could afford to blow $5000 on something that just did dinner music, as long as I have a T3 for some of the sounds, too...

BTW, why .wav playback from the T3 and not the Audya? Doesn't it have the double players?

#262240 - 04/29/09 05:53 AM Re: Giggin with Ketron Audya
Morten Jonassen Offline

Loc: Danmark
twiceduo,

From which dealer did you get your Audya? Mine is still on back order and should supposedly arrive within the next couple of weeks. Furthermore I've been told that there is still only two demo models available in DK?

#262241 - 04/29/09 06:35 AM Re: Giggin with Ketron Audya
twiceduo Offline

Hello

Gunnar: Otto's Musik Hobro

Diki: you have misunderstanding what I mean was dance music, not as a style but as music peopel can dance to.(Pop rock)
And yes I use only the style from the Audya as long I play dinner music, but hey!! thats importen, here in Denmark when we play to a gig, means 3-4- hours dinner and then 2 hours music when the people dance.
But I will use it for music when people dance but I need time to said the board up. And the same go with the wavefile player.
you conclusion is your conclusion, but my conclusion is that it beat Yamaha across the board, and I have they 2 of them to compare, what do you have?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online