SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 12 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 >
Topic Options
#261455 - 04/20/09 10:49 PM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
pasadoble Offline

Loc: Portsmouth, England.UK
Oh, and of course, why single ME out for this diatribe?

The way I see it Diki...you've upset and angered so many people in the past that nobody respects you anymore even when you say some positive occasionally, sure your an inteligent and knowlegable individual, perhaps not so good with 'people skills' though.

#261456 - 04/21/09 06:59 AM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
Pacesetter Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

Oh, and of course, why single ME out for this diatribe? full of yourself to think you are in a position to attack me? What gives YOU the right, where's YOUR work, yada yada yada...? Oh well, that mote in your eye IS hard to see past, I guess.

I am... just don't expect me to take it silently

Diki I singled you out because you have a knack at being condescending and negative in your posts more than anyone and doing so in a very arrogant way. So far as I'm concerned I'm here to pick up helpful info. Sorry boss you just have a way of going up my backside sideways.

Just as I thought you probably wouldn't answer the questions.

#261457 - 04/21/09 07:17 AM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
This topic makes me think of the expression, "Most of us die with the music still inside us."

She certainly has courage, as well as a wonderful voice.

I think she exemplifies the wish inside most of us, that those around us could see and appreciate the real person inside, rather than be judged by our outward appearance.

Ian

#261458 - 04/21/09 08:40 AM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
Lucky2Bhere Offline

I’ve been watching her name bandied about all over the networks these last few days. What a shame. They’re making a “circus act” out of her for the sake of “ratings!” At least she seems to be enjoying the ride.

Lucky

#261459 - 04/21/09 08:41 AM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky2Bhere:
Diki....I've noticed a common denominator not only in the SZ but in other Internet music forums. Those who are quick to take you apart seem to be the wannabee's...the non-players. I try to remember that when I'm a target myself...it takes the sting out of it.

Lucky

Yeah right and those same forums the "self proclaimed players" seem to be the most bitter at not having all that hard work recognized and very quick to dismiss anyone who did not agonize over Hanon or years of strenuous vocal training who achieves any modicum of success that surpasses theirs.
In fact more so. Elitism has it's supporters.

Have a look around. Seems to me a huge pool of the hugely successful in the music world spent more time singing, writing and playing rather than learning how to play, sing or write "correctly". The end user and supporter of their work doesn't care about how many years one studied, technicalities learned from or with the masters, only whether or not it's worthy of their dollars today. There are more Joe Cockers than Josh Grobans,More Greg Allmans than Keith Emersons.

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 04-21-2009).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#261460 - 04/21/09 09:09 AM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfrog:
Yeah right and those same forums the "self proclaimed players" seem to be the most bitter at not having all that hard work recognized and very quick to dismiss anyone who did not agonize over Hanon or years of strenuous vocal training who achieves any modicum of success that surpasses theirs.
In fact more so. Elitism has it's supporters.

Have a look around. Seems to me a huge pool of the hugely successful in the music world spent more time singing, writing and playing rather than learning how to play, sing or write "correctly". The end user and supporter of their work doesn't care about how many years one studied, technicalities learned from or with the masters, only whether or not it's worthy of their dollars today. There are more Joe Cockers than Josh Grobans,More Greg Allmans than Keith Emersons.

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 04-21-2009).]

Kingfrog...

I've noticed something else. You seem, more times than not, to be ready to argue against anything that is said here in the SZ.

Did ANY of what I said resonate with you? You (and others here) are so intense on giving your own opinion about an issue, you don't actually hear and consider what someone else says!

Further, Diki may be very opinionated but I consider him to be a player at least. And I also consider him to be right on the mark with a lot of what he says. If he doesn't have bedside manners, as some of you have stated, so what? Is everyone that fragile inside we can't handle it? What this forum needs is another "earthquake" to stop the nitpicking and put things in perspective.

Awaiting your rebuttal to ME now! Go for it!

Lucky

#261461 - 04/21/09 11:12 AM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfrog:
NONE of those people had now well over 20 MILLION see their performances, none of those people had the "back story" MS Boyle has, None of those people captured the "everydayman" None of those people appeared on all the morning shows...None of those people achieved WORLDWIDE attention during a simple "audition" LOL

In essence..None of those people were a "phenomenom"..

She may not have lasting success but she will never have to work again doing something she does not want to do...bank on it.

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 04-20-2009).]

King Frog i dont think we are on the same page. I was responding to the point that i think DNJ made that she was signed to a major recording label which implied her automatic success. I pointed out quite correctly that this means nothing. You cant possibly be saying thats not true can you ??? As for her appealing to everyday people i disagree. She is a curiosity . If thats an appeal to everyman then fine i wont argue.

Taylor Hicks who won a previous American idol appealed to the ordinary everyday man but it takes more than that to make it as a successful recording artist as he has unfortunately found.

As far as the 20 million hits on youtube there are some basic facts about human nature that i dont think you have taken into account.

1. Viewing content on Youtube is free and instant. People like free stuff.
2. Feeling sorry for someone, sympathising with someone, wishing them the best or simple curiosity like watching the bearded lady at the circus (but for free) does not necessarily translate into purchases

Like you i have run my own business and i have provided consultancy services to small and medium sized business. One basic myth is that if you talk to lots of people or lots of people come into your store and look at your goods that will translate into sales. Thats simply not true. If Mrs Boyle were paid for the amount of hits her talent generated on youtube then your argument is sound however i wonder how many hits she would have had if people had to pay to listen to her music ?

Look i wish her well and i have no doubt that the curiosity around her will be and is being exploited by someone sufficient to make her some money but her success will not be based upon her singing talent. She may be simply graetful for the attention she is getting but when the "one trick" phenonm has lost its flavour which it will very quickly what will she have left ? I very much doubt that the money is the driving factor for this lady.

#261462 - 04/21/09 11:21 AM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I just don't know... I really wonder what the hell any of you actually read into what I say Seems to be far more interest in the subtext than the actual post itself. Surely that should be sufficient.

I am also amazed that somehow Kingy can manage to analyze me and conclude, from the fact that I can be quite critical of things, that my life is one of bitterness and regret. Well, Mr. Freud, have you considered the fact that most of YOUR posts are equally as critical, negative, generally FAR more insulting, and you have alienated many on this forum too. But, I guess, in YOUR case, this doesn't translate to a bitter and frustrated life...? Yeah, right!

For the record, my frustrated, musically impotent friend, I consider myself one of the luckiest on the planet. I have enjoyed making music as my career my entire life, still enjoy what I do enormously. I am MORE than content to be where I am, doing what I'm doing. Admittedly, that doesn't include working in a music store, and reminiscing about glory days as a 'celebrity impersonator', or churning out songs that I don't have the balls to post for peer review. But it's still pretty good, despite not having your great fortune and talent...

As for the rest of the feeding frenzy, if you need a 100% positive spin on everything to remain content in your lives, what can I say? Maybe a touch of reality wouldn't hurt nearly as much as you think. But if you remain firmly attached to your rose colored glasses, perhaps you cold start your own forum, and only allow sugary sweet 'happy thoughts' from all it's members..? I'm sure it will be riveting

Happy, happy, joy-joy to you all

#261463 - 04/21/09 01:24 PM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
mr9000 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky2Bhere:

..."Further, Diki may be very opinionated but I consider him to be a player at least. And I also consider him to be right on the mark with a lot of what he says. If he doesn't have bedside manners, as some of you have stated, so what? Is everyone that fragile inside we can't handle it? What this forum needs is another "earthquake" to stop the nitpicking and put things in perspective.

Awaiting your rebuttal to ME now! Go for it!

Lucky

[/B]

Hey i too have diki-itis,i see absolutly
NO-thing offensive,objectionable or any other terms i may mess my freshly installed diapers over.I'll take TRUEness of Diki's thoughts,constructive critisms or what have you WAY over someone just tickling my or anothers ass.

[This message has been edited by mr9000 (edited 04-21-2009).]

#261464 - 04/21/09 02:32 PM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Its an odd place I find myself in but I wanted to write this yesterday and didn't get around to it.

I think the criticism of Diki in this entire thread is 1000% fabricated.

I think a few guys are going out of their way to pick a fight, where none really exists.

I have no beef with anyone involved in this thread and I'd say the same thing if it were Scott, Steve, Gary, Mikey or anyone else if they were going after someone.

This is BS of the highest order and you guys are all better than this.

------------------
Bill in Dayton

Page 7 of 12 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online