Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 12 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12 >
Topic Options
#261445 - 04/20/09 04:42 PM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
Dnj Offline

#261446 - 04/20/09 04:56 PM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Thanks DNJ. Now that is honest to goodness knock em dead talent and his young age is just a bonus !!! No disrespect to Mrs Boyle.

#261447 - 04/20/09 05:12 PM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
Pacesetter Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
While pretty good at an amateur level, I'm sorry, but her voice didn't strike me as pro in any sense of the word. The vibrato was too forced, dynamics uneven to be honest, a pale shadow of how professional Paul Potts sounded. Does anyone think she deserves to share a stage with the likes of Celine Dion, Sarah Brightman etc.?

As for getting signed by BMG, is there anyone that doesn't see this as Simon Cowell's way of making quick cash from the flash in the pan sensations his show generates? Sorry, guys, this is nice, but I don't see anything more significant than 'She-Bang' in a dress...

Diki, why are you so full of yourself? What is it about you and your talent that puts you in the critics seat? Don't forget although you can play keys you still use an arranger in your show. If I recall one of the show's judges really had some negative comments on arrangers. Please tell us why you don't audtion for American Idol or America's Got Talent. Also what do you have in the talent department that we should be impressed with?

T

#261448 - 04/20/09 05:46 PM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Is there something just plain topsy-turvey about being somehow upset about me being critical about something, and expressing it by criticizing me?!

Does the concept of NOT criticizing people only not apply to YOU? Oh, I see... it's just OTHER people's criticism that rankles, eh...?

Oh, and of course, why single ME out for this diatribe? Seems just about everyone has an OPINION on this thread. Having one makes you a critic, for good OR bad. Guess it's just plain fun to single me out, eh? Line up, folks... pay no attention to all the others behind the curtain. Cheap shots appreciated (helps sort out the thinkers from the reactors, I suppose ). Mind you, you could ask yourself what makes YOU so full of yourself to think you are in a position to attack me? What gives YOU the right, where's YOUR work, yada yada yada...? Oh well, that mote in your eye IS hard to see past, I guess.

Anyway, thanks for playing 'Insult Diki instead of discussing something rationally and politely'. It's this forum's favorite game... Any idiot can play (of COURSE, I wouldn't intimate for a moment that you are one, LOL, just those other idiots )

BTW, this has absolutely nothing to do with what I play (arranger is but one of the many things I play), how I use it (or how you use it, either ) or what Simon Cowell thinks about them. As you might have noticed, I really don't give a toss about what he thinks about ANYTHING... and neither should you.

Make your OWN mind up about things, and post it here. Of course, be prepared to be personally insulted for it.

I am... just don't expect me to take it silently

#261449 - 04/20/09 05:51 PM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by spalding1968:
Being signed to a record label does not mean that you will be commercially successful !

Remember these household names

Steve Brookstein (signed by Sony BMG)?
Shayne Ward ( signed by RCA Label Group then signed by guess who ? SONY BMG)

No ???? They were both previous X factor winners (similar to American Idol)

They had practically no commercial success despite winning the competition in their respective years. They could not even achieve "one Hit Wonder" status.....

How about Michelle McManus ? she was a Pop Idol winner . She was accliamed because she weighed about 300lbs but could sing like a bird.....however was a complete flop commercially. The record company couldnt even give her CD's away. Guess who she was signed by .....yep Sony BMG....

I am not trying to rain on Ms Boyles parade. I wish her luck . But her talent is average when looking at singers in this field . What she has is one trick. And it will wear thin very quickly once the hysteria has died away. I am not trying to offend anyone. Just calling it as i see it.

[This message has been edited by spalding1968 (edited 04-16-2009).]

NONE of those people had now well over 20 MILLION see their performances, none of those people had the "back story" MS Boyle has, None of those people captured the "everydayman" None of those people appeared on all the morning shows...None of those people achieved WORLDWIDE attention during a simple "audition" LOL

In essence..None of those people were a "phenomenom"..

She may not have lasting success but she will never have to work again doing something she does not want to do...bank on it.

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 04-20-2009).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#261450 - 04/20/09 06:01 PM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
Kingfrog Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Pacesetter:
Diki, why are you so full of yourself? What is it about you and your talent that puts you in the critics seat? Don't forget although you can play keys you still use an arranger in your show. If I recall one of the show's judges really had some negative comments on arrangers. Please tell us why you don't audtion for American Idol or America's Got Talent. Also what do you have in the talent department that we should be impressed with?

T

It's pretty obvious he doesn't understand the difference between stardom and or musical success and musicinaship and/or talent...They are mutually exclusive terms

Ms. Boyle is nothing short of a worldwide phenomenon , She has already "made it" The argument is SUSTAINING power....That remains to be seen.

To take issue with technicalities of her "vibrato" is foolish....There is no two major singers with the same exact vibrato...LOL Some people loved Judy Garland and you could throw basketballs between her vibrato...
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#261451 - 04/20/09 06:04 PM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
Kingfrog Offline

Quote:
Is there something just plain topsy-turvey about being somehow upset about me being critical about something, and expressing it by criticizing me?!

Does the concept of NOT criticizing people only not apply to YOU? Oh, I see... it's just OTHER people's criticism that rankles, eh...?

Oh, and of course, why single ME out for this diatribe? Seems just about everyone has an OPINION on this thread. Having one makes you a critic, for good OR bad. Guess it's just plain fun to single me out, eh? Line up, folks... pay no attention to all the others behind the curtain. Cheap shots appreciated (helps sort out the thinkers from the reactors, I suppose ). Mind you, you could ask yourself what makes YOU so full of yourself to think you are in a position to attack me? What gives YOU the right, where's YOUR work, yada yada yada...? Oh well, that mote in your eye IS hard to see past, I guess.

Anyway, thanks for playing 'Insult Diki instead of discussing something rationally and politely'. It's this forum's favorite game... Any idiot can play (of COURSE, I wouldn't intimate for a moment that you are one, LOL, just those other idiots )

BTW, this has absolutely nothing to do with what I play (arranger is but one of the many things I play), how I use it (or how you use it, either ) or what Simon Cowell thinks about them. As you might have noticed, I really don't give a toss about what he thinks about ANYTHING... and neither should you.

Make your OWN mind up about things, and post it here. Of course, be prepared to be personally insulted for it.

I am... just don't expect me to take it silently

Boo friggin Hooo....
Someone should have another listen to Ms Boyles "CRY ME A RIVER"...LOL
http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/videogaga/16130/susan-boyle-hype-revitalizes- 10-year-old-cover/

Or Sing it...yeah sing your post....Lets hear YOUR rendition.....with music this time

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 04-20-2009).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#261452 - 04/20/09 08:50 PM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
Dnj Offline

one, two, cha, cha, cha

#261453 - 04/20/09 10:15 PM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Quote:

Diki....I've noticed a common denominator not only in the SZ but in other Internet music forums. Those who are quick to take you apart seem to be the wannabee's...the non-players. I try to remember that when I'm a target myself...it takes the sting out of it.

Lucky

#261454 - 04/20/09 10:49 PM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
pasadoble Offline

Loc: Portsmouth, England.UK
Oh, and of course, why single ME out for this diatribe?

The way I see it Diki...you've upset and angered so many people in the past that nobody respects you anymore even when you say some positive occasionally, sure your an inteligent and knowlegable individual, perhaps not so good with 'people skills' though.

Page 6 of 12 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online