SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12 >
Topic Options
#261425 - 04/16/09 04:33 PM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
As much as I would like to, I don't think Ms Boyle will achieve superstardom. You need all the package for that and she does not have the looks and the age for that IMHO.

But as stated she is unemployed, and there are difficult times. I wish her talent provides her with a steady job and good enough income, from now till her last days. That would be really wonderful.

#261426 - 04/16/09 09:10 PM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
She won;t archive super stardom for her voice and presence but she will not need to work a common job ever gain...Bet on it. And she will parley the tens of millions who have seen her into a mountain of cash.....

No one has ever won over so many people in a audition to get on the show!!! LOL She's already won whether she makes it to the end or not...She is a winner. A huge worldwide winner. Bob Dylan is ugly and cannot sing a note......He is a created "legend"
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#261427 - 04/16/09 09:30 PM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
And don't forget Tiny Tim

Eddie

#261428 - 04/17/09 02:42 AM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
trevorjohn Offline

Loc: Cambridge United Kingdom
OH! How I wish I could

#261429 - 04/17/09 01:01 PM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
Dnj Offline

#261430 - 04/17/09 01:28 PM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
While pretty good at an amateur level, I'm sorry, but her voice didn't strike me as pro in any sense of the word. The vibrato was too forced, dynamics uneven to be honest, a pale shadow of how professional Paul Potts sounded. Does anyone think she deserves to share a stage with the likes of Celine Dion, Sarah Brightman etc.?

As for getting signed by BMG, is there anyone that doesn't see this as Simon Cowell's way of making quick cash from the flash in the pan sensations his show generates? Sorry, guys, this is nice, but I don't see anything more significant than 'She-Bang' in a dress...

#261431 - 04/17/09 02:23 PM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
pasadoble Offline

Loc: Portsmouth, England.UK
Diki

Negative as usual...are you saying a CD of well produced songs like this would not be a hit ? bet it would sell a bit better than yours...lol

http://www.inquisitr.com/22139/susan-boyle-cry-me-a-river-audio/http://www.inquisitr.com/22139/susan-boyle-cry-me-a-river-audio/

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
While pretty good at an amateur level, I'm sorry, but her voice didn't strike me as pro in any sense of the word. The vibrato was too forced, dynamics uneven to be honest, a pale shadow of how professional Paul Potts sounded. Does anyone think she deserves to share a stage with the likes of Celine Dion, Sarah Brightman etc.?

As for getting signed by BMG, is there anyone that doesn't see this as Simon Cowell's way of making quick cash from the flash in the pan sensations his show generates? Sorry, guys, this is nice, but I don't see anything more significant than 'She-Bang' in a dress...

#261432 - 04/17/09 04:22 PM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

Does it really matter what a DIKI thinks of her her? Really? LOL

She is enjoying her lifelong dream. She and Simon and others will make money....People loved her and apparently are smitten by her.......Everyone wins.

I don't see the issue except from the perspective of "bitter" musicians who feel far more deserving yet passed by perhaps.

Joe Cocker doesn't have a great voice technically and is not exactly Brad Pitt,
There are thousands of success stories who but for a stroke of luck and perseverance have Berkley music college professors and the rest of the "musical elite" scratching their heads...LOL

KUDOS to MS Boyle...she gives hope to all who "Dream a Dream" without a face, without the perfect voice, just moxie and confidence...I applaud her and will buy anything she releases in support..if only because it bothers the "musical elite" who will study her, make excuses for her success and simply dismiss her.......if only because it diminishes their own grand sense of accomplishment. Isn't ART grand?

A R T...no right no wrong. it is what it is,,,

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 04-17-2009).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#261433 - 04/17/09 06:06 PM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
I agree with others. I think she has a very good voice but not outstanding. I agree with whoever said her vibrato seems forced at times. However, I was very moved by her performance. Which was because the voice certainly did not fit her appearance and she IS good. Just not world-class.

She will make a lot of money this year and I think that is fabulous. She will definitely have her day in the sun. She seems a cool lady!

#261434 - 04/17/09 06:14 PM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
Retired Offline

Loc: England
Hi Donny,
This is the second time you have directed me to some enjoyable entertainment.
Joe Lee sent me the discs of the Shreveport Jam, great playing, great singing, great entertainment.
I don’t need perfection, just entertainment that makes me feel good.
I have downloaded both of Susan Boyle’s songs, to add to my collection of
never ending musical experiences.
I try not to judge, but just enjoy the moment.
Thanks Donny.
Fred Wren

Page 4 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online