SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#261228 - 04/11/09 09:10 AM Re: Fran & I Brain storming with ROLAND Reps Today.....
leezone Offline

i think what Roland should add on their next arranger is what Ketron started, but never finished...

The REAL (live) Guitar & Bass Audio Loops (All chords, variations, complex)

and some "Real" Audio Drums

Then we have ourselves closer to that TOTL arranger,

and build it like the Fantom :-)

#261229 - 04/11/09 09:12 AM Re: Fran & I Brain storming with ROLAND Reps Today.....
Dnj Offline

Now is any of that stuff going to make anyone "play better"
Dont worry roland WILL come thru again as always bigger & better!

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 04-11-2009).]

#261230 - 04/11/09 09:12 AM Re: Fran & I Brain storming with ROLAND Reps Today.....
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Hey, maybe Ed Diaz will check us out and this thread in particular. You gotta love the Roland Rep's outgoing and friendly attitude. Every time I see Ed in a Roland video he always seems to do a real good job in getting his message across in the product demonstrations he gives. Very informative and very friendly in his demeanor and he has pretty good chops too.

I had a strong hunch that Roland wouldn't be throwing in the towel on its high-end arranger line. Rumors start to leak and before you know it a lot of people start to take it as fact before they know the "real" facts. Ed's confirmation is a confirmation to my confirmation that I got a while back talking to Mike at Roland U.S. Tech. He was a little more subtle when I confronted him on the topic of a G70 successor, but even though his answers were a bit elusive and guarded I got a good feeling after talking to him that Roland will indeed come through with a new totl arranger keyboard in the not too distant future. I think Ed's words were right on when he said that Roland "want's to get it right" and my talk with Mike at Roland Tech alluded to that also in that it may be a while yet before we see it announced because Roland, apparently, is trying to do everything it can to make it "right" and provide a new totl arranger keyboard that will be a truly worthy successor to the G70 and also a notch or (leaps and bounds??) above the competition. I hope they succeed in their endeavor.

All the best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 04-11-2009).]

#261231 - 04/11/09 09:21 AM Re: Fran & I Brain storming with ROLAND Reps Today.....
Burkels Offline

Loc: Alkmaar, The Netherlands, Euro...
Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:

The REAL (live) Guitar & Bass Audio Loops (All chords, variations, complex)

and some "Real" Audio Drums

So you want pre-cooked, pre-recorded loops in audio format? I don't. The drums in the TOTL-Roland's are VERY real. You just have to play them right.

------------------
- THE DUTCH KEYBOARD FORUM
http://www.keyboardforum.nl
Happy owner of a Roland E-80 V2

#261232 - 04/11/09 09:23 AM Re: Fran & I Brain storming with ROLAND Reps Today.....
Burkels Offline

Loc: Alkmaar, The Netherlands, Euro...
Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
Hey, maybe Ed Diaz will check us out and this thread in particular.

I was referring to Diki's remark about the forum at roland-arranger.com, not this forum.

#261233 - 04/11/09 09:51 AM Re: Fran & I Brain storming with ROLAND Reps Today.....
leezone Offline

Burkels

Roland drums cannot touch, can't come close to Ketrons (AUDYA)

just listen to the Jazz Bossa and see for yourself on ketron.it

Ketron's drums are REAL, Rolands are midi programmed, but maybe you like to sound Robotic, and not LIVE...

#261234 - 04/11/09 10:08 AM Re: Fran & I Brain storming with ROLAND Reps Today.....
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
The forum is four years of ideas... I don't think any forum is going to come up with constant discussion of improvement for a four year old arranger Most of the main points were asked for years ago!

This forum certainly doesn't manage it, with a MUCH higher membership

But if you go back about three years you would have found a much more active discussion on these issues. It's just that after years of total silence from anyone connected with Roland, it seems a bit pointless endlessly discussing the same damn things

We need someone from Roland to do what Steve Demmimg does for Yamaha... At least give the impression that they care even just a LITTLE about what we need in an arranger

#261235 - 04/11/09 10:13 AM Re: Fran & I Brain storming with ROLAND Reps Today.....
Dnj Offline

What ever Roland is coming out with soon has already been designed 2-3-years ago by R7D....any new thoughts for the future designs you won't see for years to come..

#261236 - 04/11/09 10:15 AM Re: Fran & I Brain storming with ROLAND Reps Today.....
leezone Offline

i think a thread dedicated to what we would LOVE from Roland would be best,

As Diki says, it been quite some time since we've talked about what we like / dislike..

Let's just create 1 thread, and one thread only on synthzone for this purpose,

and MAYBE we can get Roland input on it.

I for one would love to see an easier way of changing sounds in arrangers, more numeric like, and not associated with styles etc, more like Ketron registration, favorites, and numeric input like old Korg XD like, with 10's lock etc., so i hit 1 button and all is EASY

#261237 - 04/11/09 11:11 AM Re: Fran & I Brain storming with ROLAND Reps Today.....
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Burkels:
Lol! You make it sound as if hundreds of users are discussing feature enhancements there, instead of the two or three people that post a message once a month in that forum :-)

Mmmm...let's see; since you feel that there are only two or three members posting on Roland arranger, it seems a tad strange that eleven managed to review Meister Diki's recent tune.

Although I am not presently a Roland user, I still feel that the forum is packed with lots of important information, tips and tricks that aren't in the manual, and some great music.

It is always my first recommendation to any Roland arranger user and/or prospective buyer.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 04-17-2009).]

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online