SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#261036 - 04/04/09 06:40 AM Mediastation with Livestyler
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Not sure if this has been posted before, but thought I would post it just in case.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV6Pry6REIg

Bill

#261037 - 04/04/09 06:49 AM Re: Mediastation with Livestyler
Dnj Offline

Sounds as good as the new Audya with many more features & save money too. Thanks Bill.
I'm still waiting for a full featured 61 key version of the MS with Vocal processor & Vocal harmony..

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 04-04-2009).]

#261038 - 04/04/09 05:10 PM Re: Mediastation with Livestyler
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
You think that sounds as good as the audya ?????????????

Listen to that rhythm guitar !!! it sounded like a straight up GM guitar. Listen to the horns in the second style Pure GM sounds again ...

Its not bad demo dont get me wrong, but its not an Audya to me ears by a long way. Heres the thing that bothers me. This instrument supposedly can be configured pretty much howe you want it using the best sounds money can buy so why am i not hearing the best sounds money can buy in the arrangements ? Listen to all th guitars in the styles. Are my ears that bad or are they all GM guitars ???

#261039 - 04/04/09 06:02 PM Re: Mediastation with Livestyler
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Wasn't the purpose of this video to really show the MS playing Yamaha styles rather than showcase the MS's sounds be it GM or VST? Sure the patches could have been a hell of a lot better considering what the MS is supposed to be able to run.., but again (from what I got) this demo is showing the MS playing Yamaha styles. Unless I missed something here.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#261040 - 04/04/09 06:09 PM Re: Mediastation with Livestyler
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I just don't see the point of getting an MS to run Yamaha legacy styles into a legacy Yamaha XG soundset... Why not go out and get a used PSR (pre Mega Voice) for what, a couple of hundred dollars, tops, and sound just as good, and probably better?

And yes, if you thought that sounded as good as an Audya, you might consider better computer speakers...

The thing that puts Yamaha head and shoulders above the competition are the Mega guitars and basses, and the SA voice technology and well developed sounds for it. Live Styler into that XG soundset provides neither, and all you are left with is a 90's (early, at that!) PSR. The sad thing is, as an MS feature, this is what is getting MS arranger owners worked up, because FINALLY they at least have a decent pro selection of styles to chose from. Trouble is, you have to sound like an old PSR to use them...

Sounds like a rock and a hard place...

#261041 - 04/04/09 06:36 PM Re: Mediastation with Livestyler
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
No you are right Squeak. And it demonstrates that perfectly and i am not knocking that. I was just making the point that we really dont need to hear demos of converted styles on the MS unless they sound much better than this. I can use converted styles on my PA1X and it would sound like the MS. Thats hardly a selling point by the way !! There is nothing particularly clever about that whether you convert using the MS onboard features or do it on a computer. Its not a feature that i would ever use live so it is not essential to be onboard the keyboard. What would have been a useful demo would be if he showed the yamaha style being tweaked onboard the keyboard and then the finished product so that potential customers could see and more importantly hear what could be achieved on the instrument but i suspect that would have taken longer than the 10 minutes allowed on a youtube upload.....substantially longer.

#261042 - 04/04/09 07:07 PM Re: Mediastation with Livestyler
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Squeak, you are right about it but Spalding mentioned another point and people commented on that.
The MS is a great machine, can do many things that no other machines can do but this is
nowhere near the Audya. I believe it can do a lot better then the Audya but not this here.
This machine can use VST and all kinds of stuff but someone has to work on it.

#261043 - 04/04/09 11:15 PM Re: Mediastation with Livestyler
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Volunteers? Anyone...? Bueller....? Bueller.....? Bueller.........?

#261044 - 04/05/09 10:20 AM Re: Mediastation with Livestyler
mr9000 Offline

..Bueller is busy doing the 'twist&shout' thing at the moment and carmeron's POS car still won't start.however the school still think he has
M-omentary
S-sickness

Oh come on,
kidding of course.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online