Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#260952 - 04/03/09 12:52 PM Tried the Bose L1 model
mikey_maestro Offline

Loc: San Tan Valley, AZ
Tried the L1 model 1 for a few minutes.

I used a Korg Pa800 they had at the store

First I had it set to the default tone match selector.
I also had one bass bin only.

I remember trying to test the model 2 last year on the fly. Not being familiar with the tone match mixer, I would have needed more time with it to really dial in the best settings.

The Model 1 last night sounded descent. I didnt recall what previous users had set the trim to or the preset i previous posts.

From 10 feet away it sounded ok, from 18 feet away it sounded better.

different than a conventional PA with the arranger going through it but has its strengths.

We have 2 conventional PA's and was considering this for differnt venus and possible acoustic guitar solo gigs.

I wish there were some basic reverbs on the model 1.

What it comes down to is 1900 or 2900 i believe for the model 2 with the mixer.

I'd love toget a deal on a mint used one.

Id also like to go backwith the Tyros 2 and try it.

The Korg pa was nice and punchy. The yammie does have a better usable style section. As I played the pa800 for the 3rd time. I did like it more than the last 2 times.

Any advice on the bose is greatly appreciated!!!

Ty StevphenM and Zuki for korg info

------------------
God Bless,
Mikey

www.mikeymaestro.com
www.myspace.com/kidconcert
www.balloonanimal.com
www.jokevid..com
www.77bucks.com Affordable web design

#260953 - 04/03/09 01:03 PM Re: Tried the Bose L1 model
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I use two of them in stereo, Micky, and I've never been happier with such a great sound and awesome coverage.

Yes, that is expensive, but I don't need monitors and these things don't crowd you off the stage.

Plus, it's a one time buy, not like an arranger where you change up every several years or so.

I didn't care for the single system and the mono sound...stereo effects and stereo patches are thinner and kind of "pinched" sounding.

Ian

#260954 - 04/03/09 03:43 PM Re: Tried the Bose L1 model
zuki Offline

Mikey,

Save money and get the Podium 10s - or 4 or them Run the 800 in stereo. You could also buy (2) 800s for the same price

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#260955 - 04/03/09 09:03 PM Re: Tried the Bose L1 model
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
Mikey,

Save money and get the Podium 10s - or 4 or them Run the 800 in stereo. You could also buy (2) 800s for the same price

Wow Zuki your comparing the Podium 10's to the Bose Pas...they must really be great ?

#260956 - 04/04/09 08:21 AM Re: Tried the Bose L1 model
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Mikey-

C'mon down to Dayton and you can hear a T2 through a Bose L1. I love it. We can also go to a few Reds games, lol..

Cheers-

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#260957 - 04/04/09 08:58 AM Re: Tried the Bose L1 model
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Hold off. Bose has a smaller more affordable Compact L1 coming out. $999

Looks good on paper. May get a couple for the Home Sound after trying them in the store.

http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/shop...mpact/index.jsp

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 04-04-2009).]

Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#260958 - 04/04/09 09:39 AM Re: Tried the Bose L1 model
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfrog:
Hold off. Bose has a smaller more affordable Compact L1 coming out. $999

Looks good on paper. May get a couple for the Home Sound after trying them in the store.

http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/shop...mpact/index.jsp

The word on this unit from the Bose Forums, which are great, is that it is very similar when "UP CLOSE" to the classic and standard L1 models. However, if you need a mid to longer throw, more bass or just more volume, then this compact unit is NOT for you. It is geared best toward the coffee house, acoustic act, spoken word, etc.

That's not written in stone, its still worth a listen with your gear to make the most informed call possible.

I think, and I could be wrong, this product is meant to directly match up against the Fishman solo amp, which has been discussed on this forum before.

Even the Techs at Fishman told me their product would not be suitable for high end arranger players, so...this one may not suitable either for some situations...

I A/B-ed the Fishman and the Bose before I bought my L1 and wasn't even close...

The unit should be in stores in mid May...

Cheers-

------------------
Bill in Dayton

[This message has been edited by Bill in Dayton (edited 04-04-2009).]

#260959 - 04/04/09 10:03 AM Re: Tried the Bose L1 model
Dnj Offline

Notice they demo it with an Acoustic Guitar not an Arranger KB pushing a full band sound thru it... & after they suck you in .......how long before the Copmpact 2 comes out? btw I see Bose chose a Yamaha KB in their pictures ...
Well it's cheap enough $999.99 + $499.99 for the tone match mixer = $1500.00 .....I'll have to try one when they come out somewhere just to see how it performs with my KB. Could be a nice MONO small venue sound system.

BTW what is the Max total wattage output?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 04-04-2009).]

#260960 - 04/04/09 11:45 AM Re: Tried the Bose L1 model
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
I use two of them in stereo, Micky, and I've never been happier with such a great sound and awesome coverage.

Now that's what I call decadence!

I will almost certainly buy an L1 system sooner or later. I love the sound and the packaging. Not sure I can justify a pair, however, much as I'd like to.

#260961 - 04/04/09 04:10 PM Re: Tried the Bose L1 model
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill in Dayton:
The word on this unit from the Bose Forums, which are great, is that it is very similar when "UP CLOSE" to the classic and standard L1 models. However, if you need a mid to longer throw, more bass or just more volume, then this compact unit is NOT for you. It is geared best toward the coffee house, acoustic act, spoken word, etc.

That's not written in stone, its still worth a listen with your gear to make the most informed call possible.

I think, and I could be wrong, this product is meant to directly match up against the Fishman solo amp, which has been discussed on this forum before.

Even the Techs at Fishman told me their product would not be suitable for high end arranger players, so...this one may not suitable either for some situations...

I A/B-ed the Fishman and the Bose before I bought my L1 and wasn't even close...

The unit should be in stores in mid May...

Cheers-

Yeah My wife just picked up a small piano bar that has a Clavinova already in a small bar. The LT1 is too much for the place this thing would be great for piano/vocals We have a couple on order for the store I'm going to run a Tyros through one ands see how they compare to the Mod II. We already have the Tone Match so it seems like a no brainer for smaller more intimate rooms I expect it will sound as good as the Mod II albeit for a much smaller setting. Can't beat the portability..
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online