Loc: Netherlands
New Audya Demo >> http://www.ketron.it/musikmesse2009/index.asp
Nice demo's

Impuls

[This message has been edited by Impuls (edited 04-03-2009).]

#260936 - 04/03/09 06:13 AM Re: New aydya Demo
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
The Downloads are bringing up a message that they are invalid or corrupt.

#260937 - 04/03/09 09:02 AM Re: New aydya Demo
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Try "right click" the downloadlinks, then save as. Unzip and play.
Works fine here.
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#260938 - 04/03/09 09:19 AM Re: New aydya Demo
Dnj Offline

Works fine here also.....
Thank you for the heads up.

#260939 - 04/03/09 10:00 AM Re: New aydya Demo
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
That's what I need! A roadie to play the Bass part!

An objective observation?? Well, for one thing they make a great Duo..

Okay, back to being serious . The Ac. Piano wasn't the best in my humble opinion. In fact, it sounded pretty similar to my former Tyros' "1" Live! Ac. Grand. The EP was okay but a little lackluster in my opinion. I'm sure they would both sound better in person since the video is compressed (along with the audio) and therefore can't give us a true or exact representation of the sound(s) true nature and quality. Don Mason says the Audya is the best arranger he's ever heard "bar none" so that says something to me. >> Either #1: that Don is "right" in his assessment of the Audya or #2: his hearing is going downhill faster than anyone realized, including himself. Just kidding Don!! I don't want you getting angry and busting your gut open on my account okay? One appendectomy suture job is enough for now, right?..

I'm joking around of course but that new Musikmesse Audya demo didn't make me go: "Wow!! What a fantastic sounding arranger keyboard!!!!" Unfortunately, it remined me of my former (and now seven years old technology) Yamaha Tyros with 15 extra keys. In other words, it didn't bowl me over or blow me away or anything close to it. BUT, I will reserve my final verdict until I can actually play one in person. Which may be a coons age unfortunately, seeing how they are more scarce than the fossilized bones of a Tyrannosaurus Rex right now.

All the best,
Mike

#260940 - 04/03/09 10:35 AM Re: New aydya Demo
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
To follow up on my "Tyros" comment. The Tyros was a great arranger for its time. Even the best actually, at least for a brief period of time in my opinion. But that was seven years ago and this is today.

So Ketron can only match the sound of a former totl "seven year old" keyboard in today's world seven years hence?? Am I missing something here?? Of course the Drums are outstanding because they are audio based samples (as opposed to MIDI based). But you need more than Drums in your repertoire right? Maybe it's the way Ketron has been Mic'ing the demos perhaps? Maybe they need to fire their sound guy perhaps?? And get somebody who "can" produce some outstanding demos perhaps??

Things just aren't adding up if you ask me. On the one hand we have a well respected member like DonM saying the Audya is the best EVAH!! On the next hand, we hear these lackluster Audya demos that start to poke enormous holes in Don's well respected, from the heart, sincere statement(s) that he's given.

Maybe I'm just taking this all too seriously perhaps too, and should just accept the Audya for what it is = i.e. a five thousand plus + dollar, 76 key arranger 'experiment' from our friends in Ancona, Italy. And then wait for version 2 to come out.. oh, in about 12 years or so - if we're lucky. >> Maybe I should cut down on the caffeine in the morning as well too.

All the best,
Mike

#260941 - 04/03/09 03:47 PM Re: New aydya Demo
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
dont know what your ears are tellin you but that bass sounded as live as i have heard any bass played live. The electric pianos sounded fine and had lots of expression from what could be deciphered with all the background noise. The same for the accoustic piano. I think we are giving the Audya far too rough a ride here. I am not saying its worth the cost when compared to other lower priced arrangers but i like what i am hearing. And i have to admit that that bass sounds better than the ones i have on my PA1X.

#260942 - 04/03/09 05:13 PM Re: New aydya Demo
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by spalding:
dont know what your ears are tellin you but that bass sounded as live as i have heard any bass played live. The electric pianos sounded fine and had lots of expression from what could be deciphered with all the background noise. The same for the accoustic piano. I think we are giving the Audya far too rough a ride here. I am not saying its worth the cost when compared to other lower priced arrangers but i like what i am hearing. And i have to admit that that bass sounds better than the ones i have on my PA1X.

I'm with you, I realy enjoyed what I heard and those drums are out of this world.

#260943 - 04/03/09 05:39 PM Re: New aydya Demo
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Actually, I'm quite surprised...the Audya sounds pretty darn good...the drums are very "live" sounding.

Best demos so far, although I did find the accompaniment parts a little murky...except, of course, for the aforementioned drums.

Ian

#260944 - 04/03/09 07:22 PM Re: New aydya Demo
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
Do we have any demos up (not camcorder abortions, but real recordings) of the difference between the Audya's 'Live Loop' drums and it's own internal drumkits?

I mean, of course one expects the loop drummers to sound 'live'... THEY ARE! But they suffer from a complete lack of editing ability. Want to change a kick pattern, or snare hit? Forget it...

What do the regular drum kits (that don't suffer this drawback) sound like?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online