#260920 - 04/03/09 04:05 AM Re: Love Story - Wersi Scala
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Recorded in a phone booth ?

Impuls

#260921 - 04/03/09 11:47 AM Re: Love Story - Wersi Scala
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Apparently the player is VERY shy ... or in a witness protection program ...
t.

#260922 - 04/03/09 12:14 PM Re: Love Story - Wersi Scala
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
And then you play that Technics KN7000 version of it and wonder why you spent that extra $30k for the Wersi...

If I had been ripped off that much by an organ salesman, I wouldn't want to show my face, either...

#260923 - 04/03/09 01:00 PM Re: Love Story - Wersi Scala
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
And then you play that Technics KN7000 version of it and wonder why you spent that extra $30k for the Wersi...

If I had been ripped off that much by an organ salesman, I wouldn't want to show my face, either...

Seems like you like to trash everything you can't afford...

Wersi is made for european ears, and i suppose they are different then US ears....when i weight those ears against your reaction, it seems european ears are by far superior to US ears...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#260924 - 04/03/09 01:21 PM Re: Love Story - Wersi Scala
Diki Offline

Owning a G70 from it's initial release, and having payed about $3500 for the privilege, I feel I can comfortably critique ANY arranger out there in it's price ballpark, and compare it (and anything else I've heard) to that level. No offense, but that Wersi was hard pressed to sound good against an outdated Technics, let alone any TOTL modern arranger.

You can't possibly tell me that that piano impressed you at all? Didn't Europe used to MAKE Steinway's?

My ears were born and raised in Europe, and I was a full organ player in the sixties and seventies, and sold and demonstrated Thomases, Lowery's, Elka's and Hammonds, amongst many others. But, eventually, they grew up Along with technology, and musical tastes. Europe may still be the bastion of organ aficionados, but it still gets most of it's pop and jazz music from the States, at least the styles...

Jazz, blues, rock and roll, heavy rock, punk, disco, hiphop, rap, trance... you name it. All of these originated in the States. So much for our 'inferior' ears

But feel free to keep copying our music and playing it on outdated, 60's vintage sounds and instruments... Hey, why not go all the way, and just perform on harpsichords and clavichords? When behemoth seaside organs become contemporary music again, let me know. We'll talk again about my 'inferior' ears when the facts make it true...

#260925 - 04/03/09 01:27 PM Re: Love Story - Wersi Scala
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
I am maybe ashamed or uncomfortable but i gotta agree with Dikki on this one...only our opinion...

#260926 - 04/04/09 03:24 AM Re: Love Story - Wersi Scala
Caragabal Offline

Loc: Hobart Tasmania Australia
Diki not all ears are tuned to the type of music you mentioned.

Music and the type of instrument sounds are a matter of personal choice and your musical experiences, classical for an example in my case.

I for one enjoyed the rendition.

I admire your skill as as musician and your musical knowledge but I have to disagree with you on this one.

Cousin Ken

[This message has been edited by Caragabal (edited 04-04-2009).]

#260927 - 04/04/09 11:47 AM Re: Love Story - Wersi Scala
Anonymous
Unregistered

For all this guff about European ears (WTF?), that piano voice would disgrace a £100 Casio. Seriously.

#260928 - 04/04/09 01:46 PM Re: Love Story - Wersi Scala
Diki Offline

Thanks for noticing that, Seamaster...

Apparently, European ears CAN tell the difference between a great sound and a Wersi...

BTW, nothing 'wrong' with the rendition... anyone notice me commenting about that? Didn't think so. All I mention is how bad a Scala can sound, even compared to an outdated, no longer in production arranger. Doesn't mean someone else can't make it sound good. It's just that few amateurs manage it...

But then again, I imagine few elderly car lovers that buy a Bugatti Veyron are capable of turning in F1 lap time either.

The most expensive thing isn't necessarily the best for you...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online