SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#260668 - 03/31/09 12:07 AM Behringer 2092A Sub Woofer
KeithB Offline

Loc: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
I have this sub-woofer, fed by a Right and Left connection from my Alto S12 mixer (through which I use 2 keyboards, a radio audio and computer audio). Normally the sub-woofer then feeds Right and Left Behringer B2031 Truth monitors. I like it!
I notice that the 2092A has a Centre Out and In so I had the bright idea of connecting the sub-woofer Centre Out connection to a Behringer K1800FX. Unfortunately no sound.
My question, to get a centre out do I have to provide a centre In?
Keith

#260669 - 03/31/09 04:48 AM Re: Behringer 2092A Sub Woofer
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
I think you are correct - assuming this is the right manual: http://www.behringerdownload.de/B2092A/B2092A_ENG_Rev_C.pdf

However it isn't very clear on the point, is it!

#260670 - 03/31/09 08:11 AM Re: Behringer 2092A Sub Woofer
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by KeithB:
I have this sub-woofer, fed by a Right and Left connection from my Alto S12 mixer (through which I use 2 keyboards, a radio audio and computer audio). Normally the sub-woofer then feeds Right and Left Behringer B2031 Truth monitors. I like it!
I notice that the 2092A has a Centre Out and In so I had the bright idea of connecting the sub-woofer Centre Out connection to a Behringer K1800FX. Unfortunately no sound.
My question, to get a centre out do I have to provide a centre In?
Keith

Send an unused AUX out or SUB MASTER out to the sub and control it separately from the main volume.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#260671 - 03/31/09 02:57 PM Re: Behringer 2092A Sub Woofer
KeithB Offline

Loc: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
MacAllcock: Yes I have the manual and note that although there is a Centre IN and a Centre OUT, nowhere could I find information as to whether the "normal" signal is being wired to the Centre OUT (that is, without a dedicated Centre IN signal). Given that it doesn't work I guess that proves it!
Kingfrog: Now that is a suggestion I will have to think it through. The mixer does have a Aux OUT.

I have another work round by taking the K1800FX straight from the mixer, rather than via the sub-woofer. A circuit diagram would be helpful if I could find one.
Thanks
Keith

#260672 - 03/31/09 04:11 PM Re: Behringer 2092A Sub Woofer
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
There's a lot to be said for running subwoofers off of aux sends rather than the main mix, if you have enough aux's, and have enough separate outs to the mixer.

At the very least, having the vocal mikes completely out the subs can clean up a lot of stage rumble and muddiness, and acoustic and electric guitars, too. Kick, toms and bass guitar (or synth bass), to be honest, most of the time, that's the only things that NEED anything 120Hz and down...

Obviously, this is a lot harder with arrangers, but full bands can clear up their sound quite a bit by keeping everything out that doesn't need low low's

#260673 - 03/31/09 04:14 PM Re: Behringer 2092A Sub Woofer
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
The only bits I could see in the manual are section 8 9 and 10 on Page 6, just below the picture of the connectors.

Regrettably, although it would be a nice feature, the Centre out is not acting like a mono sum of the Left and Right channels; if it did the manual would make a big point of it.

It is a great pity that the manual does not contain a block diagram of the circuit, especially given that Behringer have such diagrams for mixers, crossobers, compressors.....

I think KingFrogs idea is pretty good, best of luck.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online