SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#260663 - 03/30/09 01:38 PM Question for G-70 Owners
ScubaDon Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA, U.S.A.
When you change the transposition on the Roland G-70, is the change audible immediately after hitting one of the transpose buttons or only after playing the next chord? (which is the way I am accustomed to ... and the way it is on all Yamaha keyboards I've ever played)

#260664 - 03/30/09 02:26 PM Re: Question for G-70 Owners
hitman Offline

Loc: VA/ USA
I am not sure about the G70, but on the E80 it occurs when you change to the next chord!
It should be the same for the G70 as well!

#260665 - 03/30/09 02:39 PM Re: Question for G-70 Owners
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I don't think I've ever heard of ANYTHING that will transpose mid-note. It always gets applied after you hit the next note and chord. It doesn't even transpose the accompaniment until that next chord input (on a Roland, anyway).

Not sure which system would be better... either has a case for and against it.

#260666 - 03/30/09 02:53 PM Re: Question for G-70 Owners
ScubaDon Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA, U.S.A.
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I don't think I've ever heard of ANYTHING that will transpose mid-note. It always gets applied after you hit the next note and chord. It doesn't even transpose the accompaniment until that next chord input (on a Roland, anyway).

Not sure which system would be better... either has a case for and against it.

I remember playing a keyboard once that did this (none of my Yamahas though). And to me this is not very desirable functionality as I like using the transpose mid-song quite a bit.

I'm looking for alternatives to eventually replace my 9000-Pro with ... Yamaha unfortunatly got out of the 76 key arranger market a long time ago. The G70 looks like a worthy replacement to me. Just wanted to make sure it "behaves" similarly to my present keyboard before going any further. Obviousy the right answer would be to try one out somewhere but I can't seem to be able to locate one in my area.

#260667 - 03/31/09 10:52 AM Re: Question for G-70 Owners
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
G70 next chord.

Tom

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online