SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#260550 - 03/27/09 12:49 PM AUDYA MODULE in the works ??? hhhhmmm
leezone Offline

update 1.2a says:

"Accordion menu further on implemented."

Could this mean a module version of AUDYA is in the works? maybe Messe 2009 coming up?

I can't see accordionists lugging this AUDYA beast around to gigs...

Would be great to use your own controller for AUDYA, so you could hook up a 25 key, 49 key, a 61, an 88 key weighted, whatever YOU want.

and you'd finally have a mod./bend wheel where it belongs , on side of keys, not above :-)

#260551 - 03/27/09 12:56 PM Re: AUDYA MODULE in the works ??? hhhhmmm
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Shoot.., based on Ketron's pricing (if a module is released) I'd be surprised to see a price tag under three grand!
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#260552 - 03/27/09 01:17 PM Re: AUDYA MODULE in the works ??? hhhhmmm
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
No, there is nothing on the works. Lets first finish and release what we have then we should
think about other synth...3 years from now.

#260553 - 03/27/09 01:19 PM Re: AUDYA MODULE in the works ??? hhhhmmm
leezone Offline

unfortunately, ALL Ketron modules are almost as expensive as keyboards

the SD5 is around $2,300
SD3 module around $2,100

makes no sense to me, but what do i know ?

#260554 - 03/27/09 01:23 PM Re: AUDYA MODULE in the works ??? hhhhmmm
leezone Offline

Nedim, i'm not asking for another synth,

i'm asking for what we already have (well almost), and put it in a "Box"

all R&D is pretty much done, so remove the keys, and put the guts in a module...(upgrading the RAM and HD of course)

that's it...

but maybe designing a plastic shell to accomodate the AUDYAS insides (electronics) is Rocket Science...

#260555 - 03/27/09 01:45 PM Re: AUDYA MODULE in the works ??? hhhhmmm
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Its not rocket science but its a few 100 thousands of dollars project...thats the reason.

#260556 - 03/27/09 01:47 PM Re: AUDYA MODULE in the works ??? hhhhmmm
rphillipchuk Online   content

Loc: Ontario Canada
Or it could mean "accordian Menu"... in terms of HTLM language or other, meaning that the menu for accessing different pages has a "accordian" type menu system.

------------------
createsongstyles.com

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

#260557 - 03/27/09 02:15 PM Re: AUDYA MODULE in the works ??? hhhhmmm
leezone Offline

100 thousand dollars to design a plastic shell to accomodate AUDYA's electronics.

i doubt it.
how bout i do it for 50 thousand?

#260558 - 03/27/09 04:26 PM Re: AUDYA MODULE in the works ??? hhhhmmm
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
An account from one of the Ketron fiestas gave me the impression that someone from Ketron said that they would not consider offering a module. I just did a quick search and couldn't find the post. I kind-a recall this because as soon as I read this info, I contacted Korg about introducing a PA series based module. Korg did not say “no”, but they want to be sure there is a market before they consider it. For that reason, I asked others wanting an arranger module to contact Korg and urge them to consider a module with the technology and features of the PA2X/PA800. An Audya module would be my first choice, but if Korg offers a module with the PA2X/PA800 features, I’ll but it.
Ciao,
Jerry

#260559 - 03/29/09 03:41 PM Re: AUDYA MODULE in the works ??? hhhhmmm
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
In my opinion an Audya module would be too risky for Ketron. First, the Audya keyboard may end up being a real dud and sink slowly into oblivion. The high price and a lack of savvy marketing has really hurt the Audya's chances if you ask me. Then there is all that complicated technology that hasn't seemed to catch on or work as advertised i.e. (still in beta as we speak) and with the infamous style Audio/MIDI dropouts/MIDI replacement when playing complex chords. If people can handle those apparent deficiencies then I applaud them for their reckless abandon. Personally, I wouldn't want my Audio dropping out during a live performance in favor of MIDI replacement when I (and 99.999% of keyboardists ) play complex chords. Sorry, I expect more I guess. If the Audya can't deliver "across the board" i.e. when playing complex chords, then it kind of takes the wind out the Audya's sails in my opinion, as well as the keyboardist's too. And it is something that Ketron had to understand wouldn't sit well with arranger keyboardists when they played along with the Styles. Again, if most people can deal with the Audya's astronomical price and the audio dropouts then more power to them I reckon. A person could also learn to do away with complex chords too I suppose. No more diminished, no more suspended, etc. >> Or just limit your genre to Country.

The "next" generation Audya (if Ketron is still afloat) may reconcile these oddities to yesteryear with the new model. Either that or Ketron may just give up trying and go back in the direction to the all MIDI based sound sample triggering method instead. At least there would still be the 'randomness' mixed into the equation right? Even though it is all MIDI based. I hope though that they can overcome this seeming limitation with an Audya II though. That and reduce the price by about 2 Grand. lol..

All the best,
Mike

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online